Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
That's not real, girl. Stop falling for YouTube doing what they do best
I was watching it and going: that scene is from American Horror Story, that one is from House of Cards, that's from Santa Clarita diet...and all cut up with clips from earlier Scream movies.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
New concept trailer. my girl (pause...no
Lesbo) looks very much alive throughout the movie.,
:whoo:

2a21660d7b41680aeb6cf26c153d7d61.gif

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Hunter Hunter
HUNTER HUNTER follows a family living in the remote wilderness earning a living as fur trappers. Joseph Mersault (Devon Sawa), his wife Anne (Camille Sullivan), and their daughter Renée (Summer H. Howell) struggle to make ends meet and think their traps are being hunted by the return of a rogue wolf. Determined to catch the predator in the act, Joseph leaves his family behind to track the wolf. Anne and Renée grow increasingly anxious during Joseph’s prolonged absence and struggle to survive without him. When they hear a strange noise outside their cabin, Anne hopes it is Joseph but instead finds a man named Lou (Nick Stahl), who has been severely injured and left for dead. The longer Lou stays and Joseph is away, the more paranoid Anne becomes, and the idea of a mysterious predator in the woods slowly becomes a threat much closer to home.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I just threw this one on to pass time while I was writing something and got a surprise...

Asylum: Twisted Horror and Fantasy Tales (2020) - IMDb

Asylum: twisted horror and fantasy tales isn’t one that I’d consider good. But it has some really, really interesting story ideas considering it looks fairly low budget. And the main reason it grabbed my attention is because the first story in the anthology is very clearly the inspiration for “the cleansing hour.” They didn’t change the name and all the story beats are the same but everything’s condensed down, lower budget and worse acted.

that said, I liked the concepts that made the cleansing hour a unique exorcism movie and the creativity there actually hits with some of the other stories in this anthology as well. One in particular follows a recently turned zombie father and daughter as they “zombie” through life. It’s the sort of stuff that's twisted and fun.

It’s passable off the strength of the creativity. You can see it’s a budget film and the acting is disappointing; the way they tie together the anthology is near nonsensical; and there are missteps along the way. But I obsess over story first and foremost, so I had to shout this out...especially since a lot of us appreciated the cleansing hour.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You