Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Carrie was released on this day in 1976.
Fun facts:
  • Carrie was the first of Stephen King's novels to be turned into a movie.
  • Carrie was initially only released in 17 movie theaters in the Washington DC area.
  • Carrie grossed $33 million worldwide in its initial run (which made it a box office success in 1976) on a budget of $1.8 million.
  • Carried received two Oscar nominations for Sissy Spacek (Best Lead Actress) and Piper Laurie (Best Supporting Actress); neither actress won.
  • Roger Ebert said Carrie was an "absolutely spellbinding horror movie", as well as an "observant human portrait" while Gene Siskel called it "a crude shocker with a little style," praising the "strong performances" but opining that the movie "falls apart" during the climax which he described as "crude and sloppy".
  • Carrie Fisher, Glenn Close, and Linda Blair auditioned for the role of Carrie White; director Brian De Palma was set on casting Amy Irving in the role until Sissy Spacek auditioned and wowed everyone; DePalma then gave Irving the role of good girl Sue Snell (which had already been cast with Nancy Travis) and moved Travis over to the role of mega-bytch Chris Hargensen.
El5wFlPXYAIbS0t

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Just looked at IMDB
cross production with , Italy, USA and the IK

and IMDB states that its Billed as the "most bloody movie ever".:ohhh::banderas:

just caught me by surprise that i have never heard of it.
Wonder if its as bloody as this was. Just a ton of gore and practical effects. One of if not the bloodiest one I seen. Also italian.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
What Lies Below
Liberty, a socially awkward 16-year-old, returns from two months at camp only to be blindsided with the introduction of her Mother’s fiancée, John Smith, whose charm, intelligence, and beauty paint the picture of a man too perfect to be human.
Starring: Ema Horvath, Trey Tucker, and Mena Suvari
Director: Braden Duemmler

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
MV5BMzlhOWE3M2EtMTRkMS00NTlmLWJlNTAtNWQ2YmNjZTZiNTg5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY5Nzc4MDY@._V1_UY1200_CR135,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

If you grew up watching stop motion Christmas movies like Jack Frost, Pinocchio's Christmas, or A Year Without Santa Claus, then this is like that, mixed with Toy Story but way more violent. I don't know what the budget for this movie was, but the cinematography was on point. This is not the average B-movie that you can throw together with an iPhone and a tripod from Amazon. They put some bread behind this. Now, the cast. The adult characters in this movie were bland as shyt. They weren't bad actors though. I just feel like the director could've given them more personality or inserted some humor in the script to stop the movie from dragging at certain points. That left much to be desired, but the focus was really on the relationship between the kids and the toys so I didn't trip too much off that. The stop motion was great. No complaints at all on that end. I'll probably watch a few stop motion tutorials on Youtube this week trying to figure out how they pulled off some of those scenes. It's not on the level of some of the classic movies we know, but considering this is horror and they had real actors involved, I give them an A+ on the execution, no pun intended. Nostalgia aside, the movie took a while before they really started to get to the shyts and it felt even longer because of the boring dialogue throughout the movie. While the stop motion was great, the toys just looked goofy as fukk to me. The monkey on the movie poster is the scariest one out of all of them. The rest, ya'll are either gonna get creeped out or be like "get this Disney Channel ass shyt outta here." There weren't a bunch of kills in the movie but the ones that happened were gruesome and memorable. As far as the ending, it was solid and left room open for a sequel. So is the movie trash? Nah. It's something to watch. Sequel worthy though? No, unless they pivot and do a spinoff with the "Uncle Monkey" toy. If I was putting together a holiday horror playlist though, I would definitely throw this on there.

Next few movies I wanna check out:

The Craft: Legacy
Chop Chop
Nocturne
Books Of Blood (Anthology)
Office Uprising

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
What Lies Below
Liberty, a socially awkward 16-year-old, returns from two months at camp only to be blindsided with the introduction of her Mother’s fiancée, John Smith, whose charm, intelligence, and beauty paint the picture of a man too perfect to be human.
Starring: Ema Horvath, Trey Tucker, and Mena Suvari
Director: Braden Duemmler

I posted this movie up already :wtb:

Last edited:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
'Evil' Season 2 release date nears as actor hints at a grim Kristen plot

it’s official :blessed:
The supernatural series debuted a unique Season 2 trailer at New York Comic Con that hinted at a couple of upcoming storylines. At the time of its release, it was still unclear when the cast would resume filming in New York City, with the production start date delayed due to the ongoing pandemic. However, series star Katja Herbers recently confirmed that production on Evil Season 2 was up and running, and she may have dropped a major clue about Kristen to go along with it.

Spoilers ahead for Season 1 of Evil.

Evil has become a cult hit since it arrived on Netflix, placing in the “Top 10” of the streamer’s most watched list for a while. In September, Evil was one of the few CBS shows on standby, but the wait is now over.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ems.ZW1zLXByZC1hc3NldHMvbW92aWVzL2Q0OWRkOTMxLWY3MDYtNDc0MS1hN2Y4LTE5NTBkMDllMTFjZC53ZWJw

When a group of college students take part in a clinical drug trial, an unexpected side effect of the experimental medicine gives them terrifying visions of their own deaths...which begin to come true. As they scramble to escape their fate, they discover that the killer is among them and shares their ability to see the future - only he seems to be one step ahead of their efforts to survive.