Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I see them genetically altered sharks still got hops!:russ:

I can't even front though...I was def gonna check this out because I will watch any shark horror movie and it stars Tania Raymonde who is one of my D-list faves:
c52a337ab5483ccecada91413169f86f.gif

:shaq:
:mjlit:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The Grudge -(2020) is on Starz. I’m going in to watch now.

Saw The Grudge earlier today.

It was fine. Nothing to rush out to see if I'm being honest. It could totally wait for OnDemand or RedBox.
Aside from early on it is basically just like every other CONJURING style horror movie of the last decade.
The most interesting thing about the entire movie is the caliber of cast they got for what is a pretty average supernatural horror movie.
The cast makes things feel more important than they would have been if it was some D-list actors in those roles.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Boring as fukk for me.
:picard:
at this point, I’m just going through my list and taking what I can get. Need something playing in the background to get through mundane work tasks. No expectations is the theme of the past few months with these movies. I really just want to see how they managed to do things “differently” from the first 3 Grudge movies and why they thought this new Grudge movie was needed in 2020.
:yeshrug:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Definitely accurate. I remember thinking it wasn't bad, especially for me being a Grudge stan. But it was also a straight up cookie cutter version of a The Grudge story; nothing new for the formula which was disappointing thanks to how promising the cast was.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
The amulet was sloowwwww. Movie was only 1:30 long but it felt like 2 hour movie. I wish I could go more into detail but I fell asleep with 10mins left and really don’t have it in me to finish it. I feel like I’m becoming @track 1 but instead of leaving in the middle of the movie I’m constantly falling asleep.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The amulet was sloowwwww. Movie was only 1:30 long but it felt like 2 hour movie. I wish I could go more into detail but I fell asleep with 10mins left and really don’t have it in me to finish it. I feel like I’m becoming @track 1 but instead of leaving in the middle of the movie I’m constantly falling asleep.

I gave it a shot...woof. It def felt slow and nothing landed to keep my attention. The escalation bits were too weak to be scary; the relationship building had no chemistry and felt forced; and then they were so focused on making things mysterious and disorienting that I was more confused than feeling tension...hated that ish...and the payoff kinda sucked. It had one memorable scene but not in a scary way, just in a "well...wtf was that now?" kinda way.

I suppose it's a character study and going back a second time is supposed to help us catch more but there's no way I'd circle back to watch it again.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Was watching this Indonesian joint on SHUDDER called Impetigore last night and fell asleep like 25 min in.
shyt was dope tho. Gonna finish it later.

Girl that plays Maya.

:takedat:

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I saw Dog Soldiers on Shudder's "leaving soon" list and remembered @cac poster suggesting it...good looks!

For those that haven't seen the posts, I've been running through a lot of werewolf movies. I generally like werewolves in fiction but the movies have never been my go to; so I used the drought to backtrack and look at as many famous takes on the story as I can. A lot of the time, the stories share a gang of similarities but Dog Soldiers remixes the story by layering in action heroics.

It's like Predator meets Assault on Precinct 13 (or any "survive in one place through the time limit" style flick) but with some UK humor mixed (a running soccer joke for example). What's especially dope about this ish is that it could just lean on tropes and become a schlock action film; but they actually toy with some new ideas. The wolves aren't just blind beasts, so tactics come into play on both sides. The characters have personality that makes it feel like there's a real back story to everybody, even the creatures have a bit of history to share. You end up invested in the stakes in spite of the over the top action sequences.

If I had to complain; it does go full B-Movie at points. Although I didn't think the wolves looked the best, they have a really unique feel that helps on that end. The cast has some familiar faces (Alfred from the series Gotham plays a key role) and it's obvious these dudes were having fun with the script. You probably want to be an action fan to truly enjoy this one; it's just as much an action flick as it is a horror, if not more. But it's a really cool twist on the usual werewolf formula.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
FYI
Amazon Fire Will Drop HBO Now Support This Week | Cord Cutters News

Earlier this month, we learned that WarnerMedia’s deal to keep HBO Now on Fire TV devices is set to expire this month. On July 31, Amazon will no longer support the HBO Now app, as reported by Variety.

Note: updated with a direct link to the Variety report.

A deal still hasn’t been made to make HBO Max available for Amazon Fire or Roku users, so those with a Fire TV device will no longer have a standalone HBO app supported by their device. (Note: HBO will still be available through other services like Prime Channels and as an add-on to many live TV streaming services.)

On July 31, HBO Now will become just “HBO” and the app will still be available on other devices, including Roku. HBO Go will also be retired at that time.

“Now that HBO Max has launched and is widely distributed, we can implement some significant changes to our app offering in the U.S.,” the company said in a statement when the announcement was made. “Most customers who have traditionally used HBO Go to stream HBO programming are now able to do so via HBO Max.”