Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I recall @BXKingPin82 talking about this series. So I’m going in now.
Servant_%28TV_series%29.jpg

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@Dirty Mcdrawz i watched the Penny Dreadful reboot. Ep 1 was okay- nothing monumental. Definitely not like the original series, interesting subplot with the political aspects but I wasn’t impressed with this first ep. I’ll give it 2 episodes more and see where they’re going with it.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
@Dirty Mcdrawz i watched the Penny Dreadful reboot. Ep 1 was okay- nothing monumental. Definitely not like the original series, interesting subplot with the political aspects but I wasn’t impressed with this first ep. I’ll give it 2 episodes more and see where they’re going with it.
I haven't made a final decision about CIty of Angels yet because I want to give it a couple more episodes to grow on me. The first ep showed potential though.

I do have to say that aside from Rory Kinnear (Frankenstein's Monster in the original series) being in it as the Nazi doctor, I don't really see anything about this show that connects it to the original series.

And it may be unfair but all I kept thinking while watching the pilot is that no one (not even Natalie Dormer who I love) is even approaching the levels of acting that Eva Green was doing as Vanessa Ives.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I haven't made a final decision about CIty of Angels yet because I want to give it a couple more episodes to grow on me. The first ep showed potential though.

I do have to say that aside from Rory Kinnear (Frankenstein's Monster in the original series) being in it as the Nazi doctor, I don't really see anything about this show that connects it to the original series.

And it may be unfair but all I kept thinking while watching the pilot is that no one (not even Natalie Dormer who I love) is even approaching the levels of acting that Eva Green was doing as Vanessa Ives.
This whole Santa La Muerta angle is what peaked my interest. Other than that, from the previews and the actors that you mentioned- I don’t see the connection either. First episodes are usually not that stand out- so I’ll see. The fact that they have no notables from the original is off putting.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Adam Rodriguez is another draw for me. He’s in a lot of crime and legal shows that I watch - he’s great, so that’s another factor for me to see him go beyond his normal acting roles.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This whole Santa La Muerta angle is what peaked my interest. Other than that, from the previews and the actors that you mentioned- I don’t see the connection either. First episodes are usually not that stand out- so I’ll see. The fact that they have no notables from the original is off putting.
The same dude is in both but there's no connection between the characters which I think is a missed opportunity...Frankenstein's Monster was immortal so he could be alive and in Los Angeles. He wouldn't be a Nazi doctor but he could have been FM on the new show under a new identity.

penny-dreadful-city-of-angels-season-1-episode-1-rory-kinnear.jpg

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Wait a minute - are all 3 of these weirdos looking after a doll baby like it’s a real baby ??! While pretending like it’s normal
:dwillhuh:
its pretty much the only cool shyt about the shyt.
then it goes somewhere where I dont think even Laura Croft has gone yet.

:beli:

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps

Yeah...I tried rewatching again last night but got 20mins in, then fell asleep. :snoop: