Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Is there a film that you find too disturbing to enjoy?

Henry always does that for me. It's so low budget yet it leaves me feeling genuinely gross, way beyond any sleaze flick. Succinct in it's depiction of serial killers, Henry's nihilism is the flat note that has been seared into my head. It's like the horror version of a Linklater film.:lolbron: It's the worst kind of slice of life film you could ever get -- instead of following the day to day of harmless dreamers or teenagers, Henry follows the life of a man who somehow makes murder seem routine and mundane.

People always tell kids "it's just a movie," "it's not real" and etc. but you can't really say that about Henry.

Edit: This YouTube channel popped up on my recommended, and I've been enjoying his break downs. He basically just explains the synopsis, but he can be pretty funny.

Last edited:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Watching "Afflicted" now

Actually a decent movie:jbhmm:
It is. And don’t forget that there’s a follow up to that movie, called The Cured. It’s not officially a “part 2” but it’s based on what happens when the afflicted are cured of their illness and try to rejoin society.

51hqc3unnAL._SY445_.jpg

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
BLACK OPS
XmhS7Pj.jpg

Follow a black ops team who find themselves trapped in a terrifying, never-ending stairwell. Forced to climb or die, the group soon come face to face with their past sins in a desperate fight for survival.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
DREAMLAND
qGrAAIh.jpg

PLOT: “On the orders of his boss, the low-level gangster Hercules (Rollins), hitman Johnny (McHattie) must cut off the pinkie finger of celebrated jazz trumpeter The Maestro (McHattie, again) just before an important, high-profile gig. Seems simple enough, but the gig is a wedding at the fortified palace of crime queen The Countess (Lewis) and Johnny isn’t quite feeling it. Hercules is moving up from standard gangster stuff to human trafficking and the reason for the pinky request is more of a slight than anything else. Like all movie hitmen, Johnny is thinking of getting out of the game and this job has convinced him it’s time to retire. Throw in The Countess’ vampire brother (Tómas Lemarquis), his child bride and the wedding from hell, you’ll think you’ve imagined it all, but no, it’s just a visit to Dreamland.”

CAST: Juliette Lewis (Natural Born Killers), Henry Rollins (Feast, He Never Died) and Stephen McHattie (Pontypool, Come to Daddy). DIRECTOR: Bruce McDonald

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'd heard a few good things about Digging Up the Marrow from a few years back. I'd slept on it mainly off being tired of found footage but I saw it on Shudder and decided to give it a shot off how much I've enjoyed the Hell House flicks. It wasn't bad, fun but seemed low budget. Basic premise is director Adam Green (of Hatchet fame) gets some letters from a weird dude about real life monsters. The letters are compelling enough for Green to start a monster hunting documentary where he goes to visit the author.

The weird guy hams it up and does a great job. There's a sense of humor with a bit of tension and mystery mixed in works that keep your interest through the build-up. I do think they could have done one or two less visits before all hell breaks loose, but I wouldn't say it drags. Either way, when all hell does break loose; it's well worth the ride. Jump scares are done well and there's more brewing in the backstory. Creature concepts are pretty damned cool, from the weird guy's artwork to the things we see in passing.

It's a fun, short break and a solid found footage flick. I'd recommend off the creature designs for sure.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I watched a horror film I can't remember. I need some new non garbaabge to watch.
I’m watching this right now, so far it’s good. Different . Premise is a man whose job it is to dispose of bodies from drug cartel wars, rivalries, gang fights, etc - part of his house functions as a makeshift morgue, so the bodies can’t be traced. But strange supernatural type events start taking place as the ghosts of people he disposed of haunt his house and one of the “bodies” is not actually dead.
images

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The acting is horrible. I don’t mind cheesy, b movies but the acting is too distracting to sit through.
lol it was! I couldn't take any of it seriously. and it just made no sense. I see why it became a cult movie cause it has its charms but ultimately, it's just too disheveled and too amateur for me

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I’m watching this right now, so far it’s good. Different . Premise is a man whose job it is to dispose of bodies from drug cartel wars, rivalries, gang fights, etc - part of his house functions as a makeshift morgue, so the bodies can’t be traced. But strange supernatural type events start taking place as the ghosts of people he disposed of haunt his house and one of the “bodies” is not actually dead.
images
Does it have like drug cartel events in it? Dope boy shyt or just the aftermath?