Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
giphy.gif
:russ:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I'm not a big horror head, I only like the classic monsters.

I wanna get excited about this Dracula reboot but I don't know how you pull off a modern Dracula.

:jbhmm:

Depends on how they handle it. If they go with trying to recreate the established Dracula origin but set it in modern times, I think it might be a disaster.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm not a big horror head, I only like the classic monsters.

I wanna get excited about this Dracula reboot but I don't know how you pull off a modern Dracula.

:jbhmm:

I like her for this. Her range is pretty wild going from Jennifer's Body to The Invitation; one of those is a fairly over the top satire that has aged really well and the other is this slow burning ominous build-up to a really wild final act. I think she does a great time at creating a mood and tone for her stories. In terms of how she'd approach Dracula? I'm not really certain but I'd hope the Invitation is the closest style wise. That's the slow burner, there's a bit of mystery to it and a lot of the background is filled in without any need for blatant exposition. I should add that I love the Blumhouse approach to these films especially after watching Invisible Man.