Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So I’m listening to that screen drafts podcast again and it’s an episode about twist endings. One of the guests nominated night of the living dead. Two of the people on the show disagreed while one other agreed with him.

I don’t see that shyt. Yes the ending is a shocker and a surprise but it’s not a twist. Maybe if you’re white it’s a twist lol but it plays more on twisting audiences convention rather than the narrative of the movie. As an audience we expect certain things. We expect the hero to live. It’s not a “twist” when they don’t. It’s a shock

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Hmmm.. a homage I hope?

Btw maybe you can help me? A giallo film was released like 5 or 6 yrs ago, I think it was french?
The title had "color" in it.
Any idea?
The only recent Giallo flick I can think of with "color" in the title is All the Colors of Giallo but that was a documentary.

--EDIT--
The Strange Colour of Your Body's Tears? :patrice:

My man!:trumpettes:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Yes!!!!!
Is it any good?
I wouldn't know. I only know of the film because the directors also made the psychedelic sixties-throwback spaghetti western Let The Corpses Tan. Strong visuals, that's for sure, but if it makes for a good movie, that's another...

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
So I’m listening to that screen drafts podcast again and it’s an episode about twist endings. One of the guests nominated night of the living dead. Two of the people on the show disagreed while one other agreed with him.

I don’t see that shyt. Yes the ending is a shocker and a surprise but it’s not a twist. Maybe if you’re white it’s a twist lol but it plays more on twisting audiences convention rather than the narrative of the movie. As an audience we expect certain things. We expect the hero to live. It’s not a “twist” when they don’t. It’s a shock
Yeah that isn't a twist ending.
The ending of the first SAW was a twist. The truth about the grandparents in The Visit is a twist ending.
fukk it, April Fool's Day had a twist ending.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation

There was a period of time when that became common practice - the "shock" or "twist" endings. I would actually go into a movie assuming the main character or characters weren't going to survive or the experience would end bad. Like whatever the horror movie trope or cliche was - they go so far left with it to the most unexpected outcome or it's an unexpected reveal of a villian or victim. (I'll be back to expand on this).

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah that isn't a twist ending.
The ending of the first SAW was a twist. The truth about the grandparents in The Visit is a twist ending.
fukk it, April Fool's Day had a twist ending.

Yeah I don't see it. His argument was, because the hero died, its a twist. And yeah that just doesn't track for me. A twist ending, a good one anyway, fundamentally changes everything you saw before it happened. The ending of Night of the Living Dead doesn't change shyt :russ: the movie before Duane Jones gets killed doesn't look different because he was shot. It doesn't put anything prior in a new context

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
maxresdefault-16.jpg

Nightmares (1983) and NOS4A2 on deck. Let's see what it's hittin' for :mjlit: