Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Trump. I call trump fukk stick.

And yeah it’s a slippery slope. Yes be sensitive to certain things but at what point does it become too much?
oh ok.. lol.
Becomes too much in terms of violence and content in movies? or restricting movies based on traumatic events?
Idk- Like we were talking about a couple of weeks ago, depends on what type of lens that you're looking from. I can separate the genre from events, some people are more sensitive.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
oh ok.. lol.
Becomes too much in terms of violence and content in movies? or restricting movies based on traumatic events?
Idk- Like we were talking about a couple of weeks ago, depends on what type of lens that you're looking from. I can separate the genre from events, some people are more sensitive.

Too much censorship and restrictions. There has to be a point where we can acknowledge the bad but also not silence art because of it. And if it’s so “we don’t give people ideas” well that’s bullshyt because clearly people already have ideas.

Now I say all that completely aware I’m not the one burying a family member and I may feel different about it if I were. Hopefully I’m never in that situation where I even have to make that call.

One of the dads who buried his parkland high school kid complained loud enough to get blumhouse to change the happy death day 2u release date from valentines to later in the week. I get it. I really do. And if they decided not to release the hunt out of respect then I’m with it.

But if they changed it bowing to political pressure then :camby:and that sucks. No Politicians in either party should have that power. And Fox News definitely shouldn’t. Release the movie and those who are offended can speak with their wallets

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
bout to se how this Girls with Balls shyt is on Netflix.

Pause-300x206.png

edit

fukk this shyt

Last edited:

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
:picard::picard:... this was crazy:mjlol:, started watching yesterday. Didn't finish.. at this point not sure that I want to. But I know that I have to because I need to know what happens to the main pregnant girl and what's really good with this cluster fuk premise of a movie. A combination of- Get Out Meets the Nun of the Hostel with a Saw.
That scene where the pregnant girl felt nauseous and they made her eat her own ----- and the nun "baby bird" - was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen.
:hhh:
I made it to the part where she falls into the bear trap and almost amputates her arm.

Yea that vomit scene thru me off, nasty :scust:

Daps
Reppin
Denver
@Nicole0416 my main issue here is horror has always been a genre unafraid to address society's issues. I never want creatives to not tackle that stuff now because they're afraid of the consequences.
Yeah using things going on in the world and disguising them as horror tropes is a big foundation of horror. Racism, aids, cults, etc are all dealt with thru the horror lens. If it gets to the point where something bad happens and it renders that subject off limits, it’ll take away a lot of what makes horror great.

And just like a few pages ago, y’all were talking about how horror people are typically mild-mannered and well-adjusted because this art gives a way to discuss and deal with the bad things in the world in a healthy way. Taking away this outlet would do more harm than good imo

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah using things going on in the world and disguising them as horror tropes is a big foundation of horror. Racism, aids, cults, etc are all dealt with thru the horror lens. If it gets to the point where something bad happens and it renders that subject off limits, it’ll take away a lot of what makes horror great.

And just like a few pages ago, y’all were talking about how horror people are typically mild-mannered and well-adjusted because this art gives a way to discuss and deal with the bad things in the world in a healthy way. Taking away this outlet would do more harm than good imo

Yeah I understand there’s a time and place and you should be sensitive to people. But I’m not cool with being sensitive to an institution.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@Nicole0416 my main issue here is horror has always been a genre unafraid to address society's issues. I never want creatives to not tackle that stuff now because they're afraid of the consequences.
Exactly. I see it as a form of expression and creativity. I don’t want to see that stifled by all this politicking. It's how art forms get diluted and manufactured as opposed to the natural thought process.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Exactly. I see it as a form of expression and creativity. I don’t want to see that stifled by all this politicking. It's how art forms get diluted and manufactured as opposed to the natural thought process.

Word. It’s just a slippery slope. Horror is the best genre we have right now. Don’t need it muzzled.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
CANDY CORN
Y9qaXDW.jpg

It’s the eve of Halloween in Grove Hill, Ohio. A traveling carnival is in town for the weekend and local outcast, Jacob Atkins, has been hired as one of the freaks in the event’s main attraction, “Dr. Death’s Side Show Spook House Spectacular.” Meanwhile, a group of local bullies are planning their annual public hazing of Jacob, but this year, things go too far.

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
This shyt is a straight up Creepshow knockoff but it was still a decent watch. I'm not gonna spoil any of the stories but a few horror legends make appearances and there are easter eggs sprinkled throughout the movie. Real horror fans will enjoy it just for the nostalgia. The only story I would say was weak was the second one because it started off slow and ended on a cliffhanger just as it was getting good.

Body Bags (1993) - Horror Anthology Movie

91pY1bC917L._SX342_.jpg

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CANDY CORN
Y9qaXDW.jpg

It’s the eve of Halloween in Grove Hill, Ohio. A traveling carnival is in town for the weekend and local outcast, Jacob Atkins, has been hired as one of the freaks in the event’s main attraction, “Dr. Death’s Side Show Spook House Spectacular.” Meanwhile, a group of local bullies are planning their annual public hazing of Jacob, but this year, things go too far.

This looks interesting

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
The Eyes of My Mother (2016) :merchant:

C7wZdx1XwAEMZGi.jpg:large

Francisca (Kika Magalhaes) has been unfazed by death from an early age because her mother, formerly a surgeon in Portugal, imbued her with a thorough understanding of the human anatomy. When tragedy shatters her family's idyllic life in the countryside, her deep trauma gradually awakens some unique curiosities. As she grows up, her desire to connect with the world around her takes a distinctly dark form.

Downloaded this on a whim and got one of the most disturbing films I've ever seen :picard: