Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watch Nukem High. Was a good ol B movie

your post reminded me i need to watch class of 1984 ,,, with michael j fox

p42755_p_v8_af.jpg

Last edited:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Yesterday I woke up early and finished a few movies before the Colorado Buffalo game. Didn't get to Brain Dead because the Texas Georgia game got interesting. I'll watch it tonight after the Steelers game.

Superstition (1982)
Superstition_1982_poster.jpg

This movie was alright, its a slasher film with a witch as the slasher. The beginning started off real crazy. You got an exploding head and a priest dying from a circular saw. Once the family movies in the fukkery dies down a little. I wish we got to see the witch but we just get her hand.

Don't Torture a Duckling (1972)
Don%27tTortureaDuckling.jpg

I missed watching Italian horror and wanted to see more Fulci movies. This is the most tame Fulci movie I've seen so far. Barbara Bouchet iss gorgeous and looking back her introduction scene is inappropriate, but it shows you what kind of life the young boys in this movie live. They never explicitly show child murder in this movie. Dr. Sleep is worst in that aspect.

The witch in this more is more of the voodoo variety, and her abilities are left up in air.

Beezel (2024)
MV5BOTEzMmU0Y2YtNTUzNS00Mzk5LWJjOTktODE4ODZhN2IzNGRlXkEyXkFqcGc@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

I checked out this movie and thought it was alright. The start was very strong. The middle part of the movie with the hospice nurse was the weakest to me. I don't think its because we watch The Skeleton Key which has the same type of protagonist.

I definitely enjoyed it was 88 minutes. Too many horror movies overstay their welcome these days by being 2-3 hours. This movie has some similarity with ,but at the same time is the polar opposite of Little Bites. Both movies look like the 1st or 2nd feature from a husband and wife duo that mainly made horror shorts recently. They both feature a monster with great makeup effects. The difference is Beezel is much more fast pace and more happens throughout the film. Little Bites is more of a character film. I'd watch the next film by both couples.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Horror thread's 31 days of Halloween List - Day 21 - Audition
A widower takes an offer to screen girls at a special audition, arranged for him by a friend to find him a new wife. The one he fancies is not who she appears to be after all.

Audition is one of my favorite horror movies ever. The tone shifts are CRAZY. It's a romantic comedy one minute, then the next, we're filled with dread about where this whole thing is heading. If you're patient and focused, it becomes a really immersive viewing with one of the most twisted payoffs of all-time.

There might not be ten lines or sounds in all of horror history that make me recoil like that chick doing the "kitty, kitty, kitty" thing. Miike has a pretty massive catalogue of movies, and I think Audition is hands down his greatest masterpiece.

The List:
1. Triangle (Prime)
2. The Loved Ones (Paramount+)
3. Salem's Lot 2024 (Max)
4. Be My Cat: A Film for Anne (Tubi)
5. VHS Beyond (Shudder)
6. *Choose your own* - Haunt (2019)
7. Don't Go in the House (Tubi, Youtube)
8. Cure (Internet Archive)
9. Masque of the Red Death(Pluto/Apple TV+)
10. The Eyes of My Mother (Max)
11. Henry Portait of a Serial Killer (Peacock)
12. Curse of Chucky (Netflix)
13. *Choose your own*
14. Junk (2000) (Youtube)
15. Detention (2011) (Tubi)
16. Sleepaway Camp (Peacock)
17. The Skeleton Key(Peacock/Apple TV+)
18. The Witch (Max)
19. Brain Damage 1988 (Tubi)
20. *Choose your own* Thesis 1996
21. Audition (Tubi)

22. J. D.'s Revenge(Tubi/Brown Sugar/Prime)
23. Dead Silence (Tubi)
24. Sinister (Max)
25. World War Z (Paramount Plus)
26. The Burbs (Youtube)
27. *Choose your own*
28. 28 Days Later
29. Black Christmas (Tubi)
30. The Shining(MAX/Apple TV+)
31. John Carpenter's Halloween

Next up is a film I've heard of but never seen. I'm always excited to watch new joints!

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Let's Scare Jessica To Death:picard:

...sick haunted vampirism slow burner:lupe:

Dread as thick as fog gets under my skin more than gore splattering around:hubie:
I found out about Let’s Scsre Jessica to Death a couple years back, and i must have watched it 5 times already.

I love that we spend the early part hearing Jessica’s voice as she talks to herself in her head. Then at one point she realizes, it’s not just her voice in her head. It’s a really dope way to handle intrusive thoughts.

There’s also a bunch of weird shyt that nobody really acknowledges. Like the dinner scene, they’re all eating raw meat. I assume it’s because we’re seeing from Jessica’s perspective.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Horror thread's 31 days of Halloween List -

20. *Choose your own*
I watched Alien: Romulus
top 3 Alien flick in the entire franchise
has the intensity and isolation of the original and the action of the second
found it neat that it ties back to the original flick.
Andy bossed up something fierce, though
had a video game atmosphere to me though

21. Audition (Tubi)

oh... the fukkery with this one
starts out like your standard ROM-COM and totally flips everything on its end
the waiting by the phone scene about 50 minutes in is literally this gif on screen
laughing-wtf.gif

and only gets more and more twisted from there and just builds until it explodes.
the "feeding" scene is a classic
legit top 10 horror movie
but what is wild ts basically just 2 wrong characters coming together at exactly the right time,
how some peoples fear of being alone drives them to make horrible choices
its actually way more complicated than that
but

Ole dude should have listened to his boy though, would have saved him a lot of hassle