Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I haven't watched that movie since it came out. I remember my friend made me go see that at the movies and afterwards he was like, "I'm sorry breh:francis:"

Maybe it's aged better, idk. I never watched the sequels either.
It’s one of those, “if you’ve seen it once you don’t need to see it again” movies. I actually saw part 2 a few years ago, and even though I don’t remember shyt, I know I liked it more than this one. :skip:

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Horror thread's 31 days of Halloween List -

11. Henry Portait of a Serial Killer (Peacock)

This is a demented movie, dusturbing, grimey and just mean spirited as hell: And i enjoyed every minute of it
Very small in scope , but it accmplishes more with its microbudget than most big studio horror films.
its like what happens when 2 category 5 storm systems merge
the main characters are so psycopathic, there is no change in emotion when they are talking to each other
& asking
"do you want some fries"
or
"you wanna go kill somebody"?

I love the setup of making you think Henry has some morals , when he stops Otis from groping/raping the woman he just killed in the Family massacre scene
making you think he would let Becky Live, then, the very last scene is him just dumping her body on the side of the road in a suitcase without any remorse

I may just watch the sequel

12. Curse of Chucky (Netflix)
Have some family stuff tomorrow so i watched # 12 early
back to basics with this one
Chucky was a damn Menace in this one
Plus the world building that ties back to the very first movie was great
Mancini was in his bag with this one
very tense, gory when it needs to be.
the use of darkness works with this.

second best in the series after the original.

Last edited:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I finished Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer.

Originally I heard about this movie after I watched Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon. So I expected this movie to be like a serious mockumentary. It's not until they introduce the video camera later on that we get a taste of that. Thankfully we don't get that or else this would be way too much. The home invasion scene is very realistic.

Instead of a suburban horror like Halloween, we get a working class or white trash horror with Henry. For example if Michael Myers is to Michael Gross in Family Ties, then Henry has to be Al Bundy.

I don't think Henry killed his mother. Him telling the cause of death as different in every conversation makes me believe when he kills women he fantasizes that it's his mother. Either way that was some 1st conversation for a card game:damn:

When Michael Rooker grabbed all 5 of Otis' hairs on his head and threatened him, after he tried to kiss Becky, I believed he was Henry.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Return to Sleepaway Camp

This is a bad/terrible movie. After the first kill I thought it was gonna be a decent kill fest and blood, but it wasn’t. For one third of the movie it’s focused on picking on the fat kid, which became overdone. Yeah, he was an a$$hole, but got damn, am I watching a slasher or a movie to feel sorry for the guy? Then he still gets shytted on toward the end. And the ending was just there with no conclusion. The villain was predictable too.

I have never seen the original, but I read so much praise for it. One day I’ll watch it.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Return to Sleepaway Camp

This is a bad/terrible movie. After the first kill I thought it was gonna be a decent kill fest and blood, but it wasn’t. For one third of the movie it’s focused on picking on the fat kid, which became overdone. Yeah, he was an a$$hole, but got damn, am I watching a slasher or a movie to feel sorry for the guy? Then he still gets shytted on toward the end. And the ending was just there with no conclusion. The villain was predictable too.

I have never seen the original, but I read so much praise for it. One day I’ll watch it.

Camp Massacre

Return to Sleepaway Camp 2008

File-ReturnToSleepawayCampPoster.jpg

This movie is god awful. You got the worst main character in horror or any genre that you have to follow. This kid is like Eric Cartman without being funny or interesting. Such a shame he never gets killed. I definitely do not recommend this movie. I was going to watch the F13th series after this film and I didn’t. It pretty much killed my excitement for watching horror films. I hate hate hate hate this movie. I’m sorry but it's terrible. This has to be the first time I’ve ever seen a creator coming back to their horror franchise. Unfortunately he makes the worst movie in the series.

Why did they have to drag Big p*ssy and Isaac Hayes into this:snoop:

Don't ever watch this bullshyt

That movie was terrible. I had to reread my review. I got a high tolerance for watching some bullshyt but that movie passed it and pissed me off:dead:

Watching this one first is like watching Freddy's Dead first. They're both the worst films in their franchise. Were supposed to watch Sleepaway Camp sometime this month. In my quote I reviewed the whole series and The Burning.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
That movie was terrible. I had to reread my review. I got a high tolerance for watching some bullshyt but that movie passed it and pissed me off:dead:

Watching this one first is like watching Freddy's Dead first. They're both the worst films in their franchise. We’re supposed to watch Sleepaway Camp sometime this month. In my quote I reviewed the whole series and The Burning.
i think I’ll just check the OG and skip the other 2. I don’t think much of Burning, but RTSC makes Burning look like a masterpiece. :skip:

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
They made more films after this trash? :heh:

Not really. It goes

Sleepaway Camp(1983) - Fun bloody movie
Sleepaway Camp II: Unhappy Campers (1988) Stars Bruce Springsteen & Charlie Sheen's sisters
Sleepaway Camp III: Teenage Wasteland (1989) - To me its skippable but no bad like the next one.
Return to Sleepaway Camp (2008)- that's the one you watched
Sleepaway Camp IV: The Survivor (2012) - Partially film in 1992 and has scenes from previous films. Its basically a clip show as a movie with <20 minutes of new footage. I skipped that one.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
since this was all shorts , it kept my attention better
the police short - i liked it - it was reminiscent of the DOOM video game , kept my attention the entire time
This was my favorite
the music video - it was alright , probably the goriest out of the set, this would have been better if there was more time to develop the story and better lighting.
This was kinda just 'ok' to me.
the plane short - to me, probably the best in the movie , the setting, the pacing , the way the plot moved- it was frenetic and did not let up until the last scene
This was solid.
the activists short - my wife liked this one, reminded me of the movie tusk, she did say the antagonist was the "whitest of white women":russ:
I see many a "Karen" role in her future.
This didn't belong in the anthology imo.

the stumble on the ufo in the desert short - my wifes favorite short, ehh to me she just continuously did stupid shyt the entire short-
Basically, this was if Fukk around and find out was a movie
This was pretty ok.

the wrap was
Forgettable.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Terrifier 3 was way more unforgiving than the previous entries. :demonic:

Thornton’s fantastic as always and Vicky came across like Art if he was a deadite. I think anybody looking for a riveting story though at this point, three entries in, will be disappointed. This franchise isn’t changing its stance. The director knows what his fanbase really wants and makes the most of capitalizing on that higher budget by delivering some of the most fukked up kills possible on-screen. Them practical effects. :blessed:

Ngl, nearly teared up at the Tom Savini cameo. :to:

The second is still my favorite of the bunch and while I liked how much of a teenage fever dream that one comes across at points, it does lose its way near the end. The new flick is way tighter.