Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
We're currently watching 'Friday the 13th Part VII: New Blood' and it's never been one of my favorites of the series. I think it's one of my least favorites. I don't really fukk with the premonition aspects of it, it's a bit of a slog. But I'm a completist so we need to get through this one at some point, I'm really looking forward to watching 'Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan' likely tomorrow evening, It's one of my favorites.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Continuing the run:
1. Trick r' Treat (Prime/Apple TV)
2. 30 Days of Night (Prime/Apple TV)
3. Let's Scare Jessica to Death (Paramount+/Prime/AppleTV)
4. Possessor (Hulu)
5. High Tension (Tubi/Prime)
6. Deep Red (Shudder/Vudu/Pluto/Plex)

7. Choose Your Own *I picked Incantation (Netflix)*
8. Cannibal Holocaust (Shudder/Screambox on Prime)
9. Drag Me to Hell (Prime)
10. Stagefright 1987 (Prime, Tubi, Pluto TV)
11. Dog Soldiers (Hulu)
12. The Funhouse (Peacock)

13. Friday the 13th 6: Jason Lives
14. Choice (My pick was Talk to Me)
15. New Religion (ScreamBox/Prime)
16. The Faculty (Pluto TV)
17. Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2003 remake
18. Alien 1979 (Hulu)
19. Hellmaster (Tubi)
20. Victor Frankenstein (Prime)
21. *Choose your own*
22. Vicious Fun (Shudder)
23. The Mill (Hulu)
24. The Poughkeepsie Tapes (Tubi)
25. Witch in the Window (Shudder, AMC+)
26. 1408 (Pluto)
27. Ava's Possessions (Prime)
28. *Choose your own*
29. Howling Village (Prime)
30. The Thing (Peacock)
31. John Carpenter’s Halloween (Shudder)

Friday the 13th 6: Jason Lives
I feel like these creators understood the assignment. The plot does what it has to in order to, bring Jason back stronger than ever and put a huge body count in front of him. He gets to sneak up on people in the woods, attack unknowing campers, and then rampage against police...and he's putting together some epic kills the whole way through.

Talk to Me
I did a double feature with Talk to Me and New Religion because they're my two favorite horror movies from this year. I just wrote up about Talk to Me, but suffice to say that the creativity is just fantastic. I love how the script has so much foreshadowing and brings everything full circle. It has a bit of the "Hereditary" vibe where it's relentlessly dark. The sense of foreboding gets worse and worse as the movie goes on.

New Religiion
I know this film won't be for everyone. It's extremely weird and takes a bunch of risks. There's a big "wtf is happening" aspect that really only fully comes together on a second watch-through when you know what's coming. But damn, if this isn't right up there with Talk to Me as an exploration of grief. It often focuses on visuals over dialogue, just not to the extreme that No One Can Save You did. It's visually stunning and dreamy like Skinamarink but with a genuine plot rather than just some vibes.

Long story short, this is my favorite horror movie of the year. Talk to Me would be the one I suggest to people first, but I prefer this movie. It sucks that it's had so little fanfare while movies like Skinamarink and No One Can Save You get extra credit for gimmicky aspects.

The Faculty
Thanks to whoever suggested this joint because it was a perfect palette cleanser after the downer combination of Talk to Me and New Religion. It's more brutal than I remembered, but the body horror is more campy, and there's something funny about how this movie looks at High School. There are random cuts to students acting like A-Holes throughout...not even plot characters, just extras doing goofy shyt.

I have a newfound appreciation for their homage to The Thing's blood-testing scene. Elijah Wood is a horror HoF'er and shout out to Josh Hartnett for this being his second leading role of the 2023 Horror List...also shout out to The Faculty for having an insane cast in the teacher's lounge...all-stars everywhere.

Bonus Watch:
Pet Sematary: Bloodline

If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all...hated it.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I want to continue the F13th fun yesterday so I watched 2 fan films which were pretty good. I'm surprised at how well they were made and how gory they were.

I've never seen them before and they continue the Jason Lives story with an older Tommy Jarvis(Thom Matthews).

Never Hike Alone: Ghost Cut (Disappear, Never Hike in the Snow, Never Hike Alone)

The first part disappear was pretty good it's just a news story of whats happened in the series.

Never Hike in the Snow was cool because of the setting but I don't think it wasn't very strong.

I really enjoyed Never Hike Alone I think because of the main actor. This concept makes me want to watch Deadstream.

Never Hike Alone 2

This was a blast to watch. It tied up the fan series and also some of the F13th itself. I'm guessing the budget here was the biggest. This was the highlight of the watch through for me.

Only negative complaint was that there were too many dream sequences. Whatever they end up doing with the F13th franchise I hope it's something like what this series did. I know a tv show and movie is supposed to be coming soon.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
Finally finished from being on call
gonna catch up on a few of these movies this week

Went to the Fayetteville comicon

Met Tom McLoughlin (director . F13 pt 6) and Darcy DeMoss (Nikki F13th pt 6 RV death)

they were both pretty cool (my wife though Darcy was tweaking :russ: )
Hypest 60 year old chick i ever ran across.
chatted them up for about 30 mins and got my Fangoria # 1 signed by them both

he was actually gonna put Jason's father in pt 6 in the end but they ran out of cash
( Alice Cooper ain't cheap)

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM