Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Watched Stage Fright

That owl mask is dope. The one location theater setting, the gore, the music, the foggy atmosphere. It’s not perfect and there are some plot holes but it’s everything that I love about 80’s horror. Will definitely be revisiting this one a lot.
The Owl mask is in my Top 5 favorite slasher horror killer masks:
1. Babyface Mask > Happy Death Day
2. Ghostface Mask > Scream
3. Cupid mask > Cupid
4. Owl Mask > Stage Fright
5. Hockey Mask > Friday the 13th

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
In honor of today being 'Friday the 13th' we are going to watch ANOTHER Jason movie as I've been working my way through this marathon since late last month. But I think we will skip around tonight. I was thinking 'Jason Goes to Hell'. I KNOW the movie has it's detractors. If you are looking for a true blue Jason movie then no this isn't for you. But that said, the concept and the lore is an interesting aspect and overall it's an ambitious movie. I think it could have been better for sure but it has a couple of my personal favorite scenes in ANY Jason movie. The opening 15-20 minutes is fantastic. The final ten minutes is fantastic. You gotta love the bounty hunter breh too. :pachaha:

It's_Nade

All Star
Daps
In honor of today being 'Friday the 13th' we are going to watch ANOTHER Jason movie as I've been working my way through this marathon since late last month. But I think we will skip around tonight. I was thinking 'Jason Goes to Hell'. I KNOW the movie has it's detractors. If you are looking for a true blue Jason movie then no this isn't for you. But that said, the concept and the lore is an interesting aspect and overall it's an ambitious movie. I think it could have been better for sure but it has a couple of my personal favorite scenes in ANY Jason movie. The opening 15-20 minutes is fantastic. The final ten minutes is fantastic. You gotta love the bounty hunter breh too. :pachaha:
I think I’m going to watch it as well lol. I’ve grown to tolerate it but maybe I’ll like it now for what it is

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I just came back from NYC Comic Con. I got to meet and take a pic with John Carpenter, but they rushed the hell out of everybody. He was friendly, but I didn't get to chat :mjcry:.

There were multiple ads for the Five Nights at Freddie's movie. So, it looks like that'll get a push and I hope that means it's good.

I also got the full run of the 1991 Night of the Living Dead comic books. It's drawn to look just like the original film, a great piece for collectors.

Then not related to horror, but I met DMC which was pretty awesome. He's put out his own comic.

Now, I'm gonna watch a Jason movie and then maybe something new...or maybe The Thing.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

I actually like Jason Goes to Hell too. But it's almost not a Jason movie. Like you mention, the first 10 minutes and the last 10 minutes are amazing, those are also the sections that include Jason. The rest of the movie is still pretty damned entertaining, but there's no Jason about it. They don't even really kill in a particularly Jason fashion.

But I SWEAR I'm not complaining. Because it's campy fun the whole damned time. The bounty hunter dude is such a ridiculous character. The worm turning a dead lady into Jason is epic, and everything after is kinda elite.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
F13 5: I liked it. Plenty of kills and titties. The ending was the only thing that had me :camby:

F13 6: felt like it went back to the previous films. Some solid kills. So they just forgot about the end of 5? :heh:

Was gonna watch 8 and 9 since I’ve been wanting to watch Manhattan again, but I’ll hold off on them. Think I might put on Carpenter’s The Fog. I just found the blu ray today.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I agree about liking Jason Goes to Hell. The bounty Hunter is such a fun character. I wish other horror franchises had a character that would try to hunt the big.

I watched Jason Lives or Friday the 13th Part 6 last night

I enjoy the tone of the film. I also liked how Tommy and Meg weren't running from Jason the whole movie they were more running towards him if that makes sense. Makes them more heroic in the movie. I wish the MPAA did hit the franchise hard at the time because the kill scene were underwhelming. For that reason my favorite kill was when Jason folded the Sheriff :mjlol:

I also watched Stage Fright and that was dope. I forgot who said it but I liked how it was mostly in one setting. I'm interested in what play they were trying to make, because that shyt was ridiculous:dead: Favorite kill in that is when they are trying to pull the girl up from the hole in the ground and half her torso comes up after she was chainsawed in half.