Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

I can't praise Junji Ito's work enough...seriously everyone should read Enigma of Amigara Fault, it's short, bizarre, and creepy (plus easy to find scanned online).

Hill House was amazing, so I've got really high hopes for this. None of Ito's work has translated to the screen particularly well yet, but I think some of his stuff could with the right approach. Particularly Tomie, about a girl whose beauty causes men to go crazy and eventually violent towards her. But somehow she reforms even if they murder her, and the constant violence and rebirth transforms and traumatizes her to the point of becoming a vengeful monster of her own. Great story!

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
yeah sometimes! I like this one! 😹

Never looked at a snowy television screen the same again after this one. :bryan:

Imagine getting mailed a mysterious tape in the lead-up of this film's release with no title on it whatsoever. You put it in the VHS player and then this shyt plays:

I looked it up just now and it turns out DreamWorks actually did this with some video stores. :pachaha:

Realm-Breaker

Sometimes known as Were-Breaker/Cunning Linguist
Daps
Reppin
Realm far from here
Never looked at a snowy television screen the same again after this one. :bryan:

Imagine getting mailed a mysterious tape in the lead-up of this film's release with no title on it whatsoever. You put it in the VHS player and then this shyt plays:

I looked it up just now and it turns out DreamWorks actually did this with some video stores. :pachaha:

that's crazy! I wish I got one! 😹 I would've freaked out though The Ring scared me when I was young!

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
there is one in Raleigh NC.
its every Memorial day weekend
Appears they have the ghost of Tara Reid and breh from the Wire/Walking Dead this year
Fukkers at work have me on call every time this pops up:stopitslime:

I would go if i didn't have to work

They have horror actors at the Fayetteville comicon tho'
Met and chopped it up with Tony Todd and Tom Savini one year

Guests | Carolina Fear Fest

Anybody ever been to a horror convention? There’s one that happens every year a couple blocks from me. Wondering if it’s worth the money to check it out.

Daps
Reppin
Denver
there is one in Raleigh NC.
its every Memorial day weekend
Appears they have the ghost of Tara Reid and breh from the Wire/Walking Dead this year
Fukkers at work have me on call every time this pops up:stopitslime:

I would go if i didn't have to work

They have horror actors at the Fayetteville comicon tho'
Met and chopped it up with Tony Todd and Tom Savini one year

Guests | Carolina Fear Fest
The one over here is gonna have Robert englund, Kane hodder, the dude that played Jason in Freddy vs Jason in costume and art the clown in costume.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
The one over here is gonna have Robert englund, Kane hodder, the dude that played Jason in Freddy vs Jason in costume and art the clown in costume.
That one i would risk getting reprimanded at work over. This one in NC has basically. b through f listers