Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Gave Open 24 Hours a spin

It follows a girl who found out her ex-boyfriend was a serial killer. He'd make her watch his murders until she burnt down their home and escaped him. Now, she's trying to get back on track with a job...at a 24-hour gas station, working the overnight shift. She's traumatized to the extent of having visions of the killer and his victims. She also gets phone calls from angry family members of the victims. So, throughout a night on the job, she'll have to figure out what's real and what isn't, deal with the handful of strange visitors at the gas station, and try to survive.

It's pretty mid, but entertaining nonetheless. The visions and reality blur as things get more intense; there are a couple of good kills; and they manage to get a lot out of mostly a single-location horror. But the acting isn't great, the plot is light and trope-heavy, and while the movie's pace keeps it entertaining, it doesn't do much for tension-building.

Mid but watchable is my grade...it's on Tubi.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Right up to the end I was expecting Josh Segarra to be under one of those Ghostface masks just because I assume dude is the bad guy in everything I see him in.
It would be cool if they bring him back in Scream 7 where it's revealed that he is that movie's Ghostface and he was working a long con to maybe find Sidney or he was Amber's dad or brother or something
Arrow Villain Homie gotta play a bigger part in 7, because he's too good to just be Killa Sam's sidepiece:lupe::skip:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
So I randomly thought of a horror movie that I saw a long time ago. I remember thinking it was pretty good, and then the twist at the end actually made me appreciate it even more.

My memory is fuzzy, and it might suck in retrospect...the trailer looks weaker than I'd expected. But this was like Happy Death Day without the sense of humor. A girl gets killed by a slasher, then wakes up to try and survive. But no matter what she does, and despite knowing the killer, she can't avoid getting caught and murdered in messed up ways. It was a cat-and-mouse type of horror that I remember that it genuinely bothered a younger version of me. Plus, the twist was something I never expected that I don't think I've seen done again.

I checked my streamers and couldn't find it; I couldn't even get it to pop up on Amazon Prime searches. The only thing I've found is a DVD copy available on Amazon but it's not like I still have a DVD player laying around.

So a) does anyone remember this?
b) Does anyone know where I can catch a stream of it and suffer the inevitable letdown of watching it again?

Also: For anyone wondering about the twist:
We're witnessing the killer's version of hell. After he was punished for his crimes, he's forced to spend eternity reliving the murder but he's locked in the victim's body and living through the horror that he had inflicted on her...I remember both the twist and the "reborn to die again" being completely original in my mind when I watched it.