Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
@Lootpack what are you watching?
Def not tackling all of these tonight, but:

A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night - Iranian horror film about the doings of a lonesome vampire is just the brief description I read, but a YouTube comment mentioned the movie being a homage to the spaghetti westerns of yesterday and that alone sold me. The black and white aesthetic will complement my OLED nicely. Oh yeah.

A Scanner Darkly - Rotoscope animation is so dope. Was already familiar with Linklater's work off of The Before Trilogy, but I heard this film was one of the more faithful Philip K. dikk adaptations out there. It's not horror. More surreal, sci-fi madness. Probably will pay Minority Report a visit soon as well.

Kill, Baby, Kill - I have an itch for gothic horror at the moment but I'm mainly peeping this off of how influential it was to James Wan's work. Want to see what techniques he picked up on from here.

You?

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I was kind of on a horror break but the past week or two I've been watching Mandalorian and The Falcon and Winter Solider shows.

I didn't post about them but earlier this month I watched. Movie thoughts in spoilers.

51h1sNeaueL._AC_.jpg

Christine was pretty fun. The main kid was a pain in the ass though. He turned into a dikk when he got the car. I don't know how he got to date the chick that his friend was after. Coolest part was when the car chased down the guy when it was on fire.

MV5BYWIzYjFmZTAtNWMxZS00MmVhLTkyYmEtZjkzZWQwMzg0N2ZjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

This was such a fun movie. The first time I saw it Entourage was on HBO. When Johnny Drama I thought he was a bootleg Outsider and then I looked up and saw his brother was in the movie:mjlol: The special effects still looked good and it was a fun watch from start to end. It kind of has a Killer Klown's form Outerspace feel to it. I'll rewatch this sooner than later. This time I recognized Amanda from the Saw franchise was the main girl in this.

51CcYFsW4XL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Not really a horror movie more of a thriller but this was great. Sharon Stone played her role as well as she could have. I could tell this was inspired by Hitchcock movies like Vertigo. They both take place in San Francisco and I think I recognized a very similar shot when Michael Douglas' character walked into his apartment.

I watched Double Jeopardy think it'd be like this movie. That movie wasn't anywhere near as good. Was pretty damn stupid to be honest.

MV5BZjU3Mzc1MTQtYmE2MC00NjBiLWIxNjItZTFhMjAyMTM1MDk4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQ3Njg3MQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

This was cheesy as fukk and I liked it:mjgrin:

This movie is like The Wizard of OZ meets Hellraiser meets Mad Max. Lots of fun characters in this movie. Movie was low budget but was still fun. Lot of actors before they got more famous like movie Buffy, Ben Stiller, Rob Lowe's brother, and Gilbert Godfrey.

MV5BNzA0NzI5OTUxM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjExMzgwMzE@._V1_.jpg

When I was a kid my parents rented this movie from the store and I was pissed we didn't get anything else and they made me watch it. I didn't like it back then but when I watched it now it was comedy. I wasn't sure if this was supposed to be white people's Nutty Proffesor but some of the fat jokes made me laugh hard. MVP of the film though is Joe Mantegna. I watched a lot of The Simpsons and I couldn't help but picture his character as Fat Tony.

Fat Tony biting his lower lip shooting up the gypsy's shyt with an AK is too funny to me:russ: I rewinded it so I can see it a second time and just watched it again on YouTube. Then they shot up the skank's husband :mjlol:

43ecfc5e-9a04-4b79-a4b7-08cfe4c5c6e1_1.1f49300fd259db3b9466d919ee580d07.jpeg

This was another movie my parents made me watch but they dragged me to the movie theatres. I thought it was ok then and still kind of feel the same way. I'm really surprised how well the CGI held up though. I think my main problem with the movie was Kevin Bacon gets the power/curse of being invisible and his 1st and pretty much only motive is to touch boobs, rape a girl, and get his old girlfriend back. He was already a genius so I would have thought he'd try some more malicious stuff then try to get himself off.

513ZTmefltL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

I was watching this before then I remembered I didn't get to the ending. I got to the ending:mjcry:

Good movie. Will make other people watch this to know my pain:mjgrin:

p11952230_p_v8_ah.jpg

I already knew the plot twist but the movie was still pretty fun to watch. I got on a whole doll/killer kid kick after watching Megan. I think girl from The Walking Dead did alright.

Brahms_The_Boy_Poster.jpg

Damn when did Katie Holmes get so old:mjtf: This movie wasn't as much fun as the first one. They switched it up from the 1st one thankfully. I like this director's movies. They remind me of a B horror movie that you'd rent from Blockbuster in the 2000's.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Def not tackling all of these tonight, but:

A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night - Iranian horror film about the doings of a lonesome vampire is just the brief description I read, but a YouTube comment mentioned the movie being a homage to the spaghetti westerns of yesterday and that alone sold me. The black and white aesthetic will complement my OLED nicely. Oh yeah.

A Scanner Darkly - Rotoscope animation is so dope. Was already familiar with Linklater's work off of The Before Trilogy, but I heard this film was one of the more faithful Philip K. dikk adaptations out there. It's not horror. More surreal, sci-fi madness. Probably will pay Minority Report a visit soon as well.

Kill, Baby, Kill - I have an itch for gothic horror at the moment but I'm mainly peeping this off of how influential it was to James Wan's work. Want to see what techniques he picked up on from here.

You?
I don’t think that I’ve seen any of these movies - :ohhh:as for me? I fell asleep :mjlol::old: (Sorry y’all- I kind of got the convo started and dipped)

Edit:I’m back on deck with Infinity Pool tonight.

Last edited:

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Doesn’t seem like there’s much out streaming wise right now. Worst part of having a baby is not being able to go to the movies anymore
Awwww newborn baby or toddler baby?? Boy or girl? Either way congrats 🥰! And yes, get more used to being at home or when you do go out, it’s kiddie museums, kid themed, kid friendly events for the time being, but they’re so fun at that age because everything is new in the world through their eyes. And hopefully you and your wife can manage to have alone time, here and there to still manage your interests.
——-
There’s not too many new horror movies to watch right now until March when the genre should pick up again. You’re right. I’m going the @Duke Dixon way and revisit the old slashics/mystery movies and a movie off Lootpack’s picks. “Day Diary of the Dead” is only Pluto, I don’t think I’ve ever seen that. We may not hear from @storyteller, he has the fire stick five finger streaming screening discount to catch up on his backlog 😂🤭 I did the same last weekend.

Last edited: