Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
I tried watching that new Netflix horror flick Incantation and I couldnt even make it past the first scene without shutting it off.
:merchant:
The scene of the little girl all fukked up and then they showed the inside of her mouth with those extra rows of teeth. fukk THAT!

Ill try to watch it again but man that scene in the spoiler is a little too much.
Gonna check that out tonight

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Smile will arrive in theaters on September 30, 2022, just in time for the Halloween season. The date for the streaming release is yet to be announced.

The first scene shows a patient walking into her doctor's office ruffled by a chain of unsettling events. She reveals to Dr. Rose Cotter (Sosie Bacon) that she sees things no one else can. She goes further to say that “it” smiles back at her. Right there, as she tries to explain her ordeal, she freaks out, apparently, he has seen this entity again. In her quest for answers, Dr. Cotter realizes that there is a pattern developing across the city, an entity appears to people, influences them to smile, and one week later they are dead. While she tries to unravel this, she encounters the very same horrifying reality her patients are struggling with.

:ehh::dead:
That final shot in the trailer was all I needed to know I was going to see Smile on opening weekend.
FEYwJfF.gif

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Gateway
When four troubled criminals decide to set up their drug operation in an abandoned house, they find a mysterious locked room. As the house lures them each into this secret space, it confronts them with their innermost evil and their darkest thoughts, ultimately pitting them against each other.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
That final shot in the trailer was all I needed to know I was going to see Smile on opening weekend.
FEYwJfF.gif
There’s something off about people who smile too much, I have different motivations for seeing this movie. There’s this vibe about adults who feel the need to smile all the time even when there’s no reason to, is inherently sneaky or sinister
:scust:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
It’s based on a true story
:ohhh:

Directed by Kevin Ko, ‘Incantation’ is a Taiwanese horror movie made in a mockumentary style that revolves around Li Ronan and her daughter as they try to deal with some horrific religious curse. Ronan broke a religious taboo six years ago for which she was cursed. Little did she know that her actions would affect one of her loved ones. Now, she must do everything in her power to prevent her daughter from facing the consequences of her actions.

Yes, ‘Incantation’ is partially based on a true story. Kevin Ko revealed that the movie was inspired by a true story about a family of cult worshippers in Kaohsiung, Taiwan. Collaborating with Che-Wei Chang, he wrote an enthralling screenplay. Then, by deciding to tape the movie in a mockumentary style, Ko was able to incorporate some found footage and let the actors break the fourth wall to address the viewers directly.

Wait…. Whattt??!

:picard::picard:

This movie has a disclaimer:
:patrice::sadcam:
WARNING: This is a cursed video, it might contain certain risks to watch; For those who dares to follow, please solve the puzzle of my daughter’s curse with me.”

real-housewives-atlanta.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The more that I read about this movie - I don’t know about this one yall. Fuk around and actually become victim by association.
:deadrose:

“The core has to be about human nature. Ultimately, the audience has to care about the characters. Respect for religion, especially religious taboos and religions that are very obscure, has some degree of fear in it. I love scary stories, and even so I didn’t really quite dare to touch this topic. I wanted to magnify this feeling in Incantation.” – Kevin Ko, via Comicbook.

However, there is a post on the Chinese website Lujuba that claims the incident in question, from which Incantation took its inspiration, took place in Kaohsiung, Taiwan.

At that time, a family of six believed that they were possessed by a god, and the whole family started crazy, even self-mutilation and other bizarre acts, and finally led to the death of a family member.” – Unnamed author, via Lujuba.

According to the unconfirmed report, a family of painters with the surname Wu allegedly claimed in 2005 that they had been cursed and even “possessed by Gods.”

“The whole family did not eat for several days. The family members beat each other with crutches and the main card of the gods, burned their skin with lit incense…..” – Unnamed author, via Lujuba.

Heaven of Horror said that “Incantation is one of the best horror movies to come out of Asia (outside of South Korea) in a long time.” LeaisureByte adds how “it will make you wish to watch the worst reality television out there, if only to forget the trauma of this movie. Thoroughly enjoyable and extremely traumatising.”
:mjtf:
WHAT!!!

I’m not watching this movie alone. Calendar this for another day. Too much hellfire and damnation warnings going on for me, I’m out.

elmo-dancing-fire.gif

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You need to see that girls mouth with the teeth. Its not that it scared me as much as it grossed me out.
It triggered my trypophobia
- I couldn’t get past the first 2 minutes myself. You may have the same condition that I do.
:mjlol:
Click this link at your own risk
trypophobia-4687678_v1-e0d5a99f79644e16b4bc81295e0e15c2.png

You’re not alone - I’m not watching this in my own house, by myself. Saw that image by scanning the opening scene and I can’t sleep- it’s 2:00am , been trying to go to sleep since 11:00. Feels like ive been cursed by watching only the first 2-5 mins of that movie, curiosity kills the cat and all that. I got shook just reading through the reviews and movie summaries after going down that rabbit hole. Even went to an Asian incantation chat group- they literally say these events are based on actual incidents and are deadass serious. They’re saying anyone who watches this movie could be cursed just by being a viewer, Samara from the Ring movie style - 7 days and faneto. It’s over
:francis:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Incantation is really, really good. It took some of the best parts of Noroi, the Ring, and the Grudge to make a genuinely creepy curse movie with a clever twist that I really liked. It's the best use of Found Footage that I've seen in a long time. The main characters feel like they're talking to you or inviting you to participate (in the form of thought and visual experiments) and it really just primes the whole experience.

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
I definitely believe in the hype surrounding Incantation. Asian horror in general is terrifying as shyt, them boys really don’t give a fukk. :picard:
The Asian horror scene is the only horror worth watching at this point to me. Nothing American made in the last decade comes close