Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Two scenes are seared into my brain from this move. The bathroom murder scene and the fight across different channels while everyone is watching tv. Shocker and Frighteners are two of my favorite slept on classics.
That’s my favorite part lmao :dead::dead:
What a chaotic mess of a movie 🤣I swear, my parents did not censor anything violent - I was mad young when I first watched that movie too, (that’s why it’s been etched in my head). But let there be any form or hint of a “kissing scene” in a movie, it was automatic no- tv abruptly cut off. Apparently seeing people give hints of affection to each other was forbidden and taboo but multiple murders, blood, knife stabbings, serial killing didn’t warrant any concern for their daughter, their only advice was “!that stuff doesn’t happen in real life v :skip:I wonder if there’s a coorelation between my absolute HATE for ROM-COMS brought in by childhood and Disdain for any romantic movies but I live, die and breath for this thing called horror . Must be psychological - I need a therapist or some shyt smfh

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
OnThe3rdDay_PosterArt_2000x3000-scaled.jpg

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresh off Doctor Sleep, “The Haunting of Hill House” and “Midnight Mass,” Henry Thomas is back in the horror genre with Paramount’s Crawlspace, just released on Digital outlets.

Thomas stars alongside Jennifer Robertson (Schitt’s Creek) and Olivia Taylor Dudley (The Magicians) in Crawlspace, the new movie from director L. Gustavo Cooper (June).

“He’s trapped… terrified… and yet more dangerous than they could possibly imagine. After witnessing a brutal murder in a remote cabin, plumber Robert (Henry Thomas) hides in a cramped crawlspace while the killers scour the property for a hidden fortune.

“As the killers draw nearer, Robert must decide if the crawlspace will be his tomb… or the battleground in his fight for survival.”

Jacob D. Wehrman wrote the script.

Watch the Crawlspace trailer below, which sees Henry Thomas deliver one of this year’s best lines. “I’m a plumber,” he tells the home invaders. “I deal with pieces of shyt all day long.”

Crawlspace_EN_1400x2100.jpg

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

EXCLUSIVES

Trailer for ‘H.P. Lovecraft’s Witch House’ Opens a Portal to Hell [Exclusive​

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

EXCLUSIVES

This is bound to be better than the last attempt covering this content. Master's of Horror tackled it in their second episode and I rate it the worst episode of the entire 3 season run.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the-old-man.jpg
New series, HULU via FX, 8.5/10 for me so far. A little slow on the build up but picks up by the end of ep 1. There’s a scene in ep 1 that Reminded me of “Don’t Breathe” but there’s a twist. Body count in ep 1 is 3 already. :deadrose:

It’s like if the old man in “Don’t Breathe” wasn’t blind and has a backstory, but we find out the reason why he’s so triggered and lives a life of isolation and seclusion.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I gave Oculus another try. I understand why people like it so much. it's got everything that I like in a horror...but for some reason, it's never quite hit for me. I think it's the dumb protagonist thing...I completely get the fumbling they do as children, but the reverting back to that behavior hurts the scare factors for me.

I also watched a Cure for Wellness for the first time and...pretty mid, but with some memorable moments.

Started What Keeps You Alive and...wtf did I just stumble into. Couple of newlywed women go back to a childhood home for one of the women, and it turns out that her past is a lot more than expected. It had me primed for a slow-burn, "who is she really?" type of thing but then it went 0-100 in an instant. Now I've gotta see if this keeps it up.
I watched What Keeps You Alive one night when i couldn't sleep solely based on it starring Brittany Allen who I enjoyed in It Stains The Sands Red and ended up loving it.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Fan-Favorite Paramount+ Series Returns With Perfect Rotten Tomatoes Score​

One fan-favorite Paramount+ series has a perfect score on Rotten Tomatoes. On the popular aggregation site, the newest season of Evil sits at 100% with critics and 80% with audiences. Those are absolutely sterling marks for a show that has made the pivot from broadcast television to streaming. Season 3 of Evil proves one thing that most audiences will travel with a program if they love it. As streaming has continued to evolve in recent years, an observable phenomenon that has sprung up alongside it is: shows getting another chance because of rabid fanbases. Evilnever had to get to that point. But, you can be sure that decision-makers might not have been too thrilled if things didn't keep going in a positive direction. Well, it looks like a Season 4 might be in order after these first returns hit the Internet.

Talking to Business Insider, Evil creators Robert and Michelle King diagnosed how the move from CBS to Paramount+ probably helped them.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Fresh off Doctor Sleep, “The Haunting of Hill House” and “Midnight Mass,” Henry Thomas is back in the horror genre with Paramount’s Crawlspace, just released on Digital outlets.

Thomas stars alongside Jennifer Robertson (Schitt’s Creek) and Olivia Taylor Dudley (The Magicians) in Crawlspace, the new movie from director L. Gustavo Cooper (June).

“He’s trapped… terrified… and yet more dangerous than they could possibly imagine. After witnessing a brutal murder in a remote cabin, plumber Robert (Henry Thomas) hides in a cramped crawlspace while the killers scour the property for a hidden fortune.

“As the killers draw nearer, Robert must decide if the crawlspace will be his tomb… or the battleground in his fight for survival.”

Jacob D. Wehrman wrote the script.

Watch the Crawlspace trailer below, which sees Henry Thomas deliver one of this year’s best lines. “I’m a plumber,” he tells the home invaders. “I deal with pieces of shyt all day long.”

Crawlspace_EN_1400x2100.jpg

That looks like it will be fun.
I bet the elevator pitch for it was: "Die Hard...but in a crawlspace!"

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

EXCLUSIVES

I'm always up for some Lovecraftian/Cosmic Horror.