Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Well I meant more that movie game me ptsd:dead::dead:
:russ:oh I feel you there. That movie did to spiders what Jaws did to sharks for me. But I watched it back with some youngsters and found myself cracking up at most of it (John Goodman BODIED the exterminator role lol).

It's wild that spiders got some of the best creature features...8 Legged Freaks is madd fun too.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM
decent article
should be a busy weekend watching new movies
a few look good

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Agreed. Im also annoyed by the repetitive sexual dream sequences. Like wtf??!! I do not care about the priest’s sexual temptations . They’re changing the formula too much from season 1.

And ummmm
the dumbass dad finds a shrunken head under the bed and his sole reaction is to flush it down the toilet :dahell:instead of asking his wife why there’s a shrunken head in a jar in their house. Season 3 is not starting off well.
That stuff with the jar under the bed was dumb too. No one would react the way dude did after finding that weird shyt.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I gave Oculus another try. I understand why people like it so much. it's got everything that I like in a horror...but for some reason, it's never quite hit for me. I think it's the dumb protagonist thing...I completely get the fumbling they do as children, but the reverting back to that behavior hurts the scare factors for me.

I also watched a Cure for Wellness for the first time and...pretty mid, but with some memorable moments.

Started What Keeps You Alive and...wtf did I just stumble into. Couple of newlywed women go back to a childhood home for one of the women, and it turns out that her past is a lot more than expected. It had me primed for a slow-burn, "who is she really?" type of thing but then it went 0-100 in an instant. Now I've gotta see if this keeps it up.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I watched Idle Hands yesterday. I didn't remember the movie at all but I was surprised how well made it was. Seth Green was funny still don't like the bash brother. I also forgot Vivica A Fox was in this lol.
This is a classic! I think I’ve rewatched this movie like once every couple of years. This and the movie where the serial killer received an electric shock from the electric chair which gives him the powers to travel through electronic appliances, aptly named SHOCKER😭

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
This is a classic! I think I’ve rewatched this movie like once every couple of years. This and the movie where the serial killer received an electric shock from the electric chair which gives him the powers to travel through electronic appliances, aptly named SHOCKER😭

I think I rented this once as a kid because I liked the box cover but I don't remember it. Need to watch this again.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Two scenes are seared into my brain from this move. The bathroom murder scene and the fight across different channels while everyone is watching tv. Shocker and Frighteners are two of my favorite slept on classics.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Next up for my Horror drought rewind...Unsane (2018)

This has been on my radar because the plot sounds dope, but it's gimmick was that the whole thing was shot on whatever the latest Iphone was at the time of shooting. I guess the camera quality is supposed to add a "watcher" effect, but all it did for me was give me an excuse to watch something with a bigger budget...but yeah, that was kind of a mistake because Unsane is pretty good.

The main character is Sawyer, a woman who is successful at work but with a bit of a detached personality. It turns out that she had a stalker, and while she's successful on the outside and keeps it together for everyone around her...she's actually pretty paranoid, seeing the stalker everywhere she goes and quietly hiding her panic. So she does a healthy thing and talks to a therapist, but promptly finds herself committed...they fake niceties and lock her up and making matters worse, her stalker is one of the orderlies! So now we're left to figure out along with her whether this facility is scamming people, if her stalker is behind it, or if she's legitimately out of her mind.

It feels kinda tropey. We've seen similar plots and I'd even say that the Cure for Wellness which I just posted about has similar threads of "are they delusional? what's the con?" But this one keeps it much more down to earth, and actually involves a couple of likeable characters surrounded by a lot of sketchy folk. It really does hit the paranoia keys well and it's got a great pace. My biggest complaint is that there's some plot convenient decision-making along the way, but at least a chunk of it is explained through some of the twists that get revealed. As a matter of fact, credit to this joint, I though the twists and turns of the story were all pretty well put-together. Nothing blew my mind, but it was all pieced together well and a couple of aspects caught me off-guard in how they unfolded.

They shoulda gave this a genuine budget and shot it with real equipment IMO. But other than that, it's a pretty good movie that you can catch on Hulu. I found the lead a little annoying at times, but it's easy to get past given her situation.