Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I feel you 100%! That shoddy layout is half the reason I don't check the app more. I actually went to give See a shot and wound up stumbling on Chapelwaite being available from it. Pure luck because I usually only go in with a specific title in mind since I hate browsing that wack layout.
That’s what I’ve been doing- looking for a specific movie from the Apple TV app on my phone, save it to the + watchlist and then use my tv to actually watch the program. I can’t with the scrolling.

I watched the first episode of Chapelwaithe and ended up getting hooked. I’m up to ep 3 but in watching on the Epix stand-alone app. (The apps on Apple TV are set up so stupid. They don’t have any categories to help you organize movies). I like the dark gothic foreboding atmosphere. Storyline with the racism and outcasts of the community inherent in the town, finding out what the history is behind the town with their viewing the family as cursed, the shadow figure that is killing people -Intriguing. There’s a scene in episode 1 where the father turns off the candle lights and it looks like pairs of infrared eyes are staring from inside the wall. The camera lingers on the wall for a few seconds- I had to rewind that twice like what the hell was that??!!
:damn:

Morning show- watched the first ep. I might circle back to that. It’s not high on my list - Jennifer Aniston is tolerable and she was funny as the media nothing show host from what I saw. Looks like they’re playing off the Today Show me too moment and Harvey Weinstein, Fox News scandals
:mjlol::mjlol:

Defending Jacob was actually really good. That’s the only series I binged on Apple TV. I like legal and courtroom drama/thriller shows so those always get boosted to the top of my list anyway.

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
The Spore
Fleeing from civilization as a horrific plague ravages mankind. Meadow gets a lift from a stranger. When she sees that the driver is gruesomely infected, Meadow escapes and takes refuge in a cabin that’s abandoned…or is it? The apocalypse started days earlier when an evil spore, long dormant beneath an ancient ice field, was awakened by global warming. Now, as ten strangers try to evade the madness, some must succumb to the hideously mutating fungus and claim the survivors as their bitter prey.
Lionsgate’s horror film The Spore will be arriving on Digital, on Demand and DVD November 9.

:ehh::ehh::ehh::ehh::ehh::ehh:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
That’s what I’ve been doing- looking for a specific movie from the Apple TV app on my phone, save it to the + watchlist and then use my tv to actually watch the program. I can’t with the scrolling.

I watched the first episode of Chapelwaithe and ended up getting hooked. I’m up to ep 3 but in watching on the Epix stand-alone app. (The apps on Apple TV are set up so stupid. They don’t have any categories to help you organize movies). I like the dark gothic foreboding atmosphere. Storyline with the racism and outcasts of the community inherent in the town, finding out what the history is behind the town with their viewing the family as cursed, the shadow figure that is killing people -Intriguing. There’s a scene in episode 1 where the father turns off the candle lights and it looks like pairs of infrared eyes are staring from inside the wall. The camera lingers on the wall for a few seconds- I had to rewind that twice like what the hell was that??!!

Morning show- watched the first ep. I might circle back to that. It’s not high on my list - Jennifer Aniston is tolerable and she was funny as the media nothing show host from what I saw. Looks like they’re playing off the Today Show me too moment and Harvey Weinstein, Fox News scandals

Defending Jacob was actually really good. That’s the only series I binged on Apple TV. I like legal and courtroom drama/thriller shows so those always get boosted to the top of my list anyway.

I was really pleasantly surprised by that first episode. Haven't gone back yet because I addicted to Squid Game, so I figured that'll buy me time for more episodes to come out.. But I'm pretty hype for it now. Salem's Lot is one of my favorite nostalgia horrors. I'm glad it grabbed you and especially glad it sounds like the momentum keeps up lol!

Morning Show was alright. Reminded me of Newsroom on HBO from what I've seen so far.

I hadn't even heard of Defending Jacob, but that's going on my watchlist now. :salute:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
There’s a twist? Say less- I’m 40 mins in, at the first trap involving his “black friend.
:stopitslime::beli:
His face looks familiar - wasn’t he on a Teen Disney or TeenNick show?

after the morgue scene with the dead body laying on top of the slab. Don’t spoil it but does the twist have something to do with his YouTube/insta stuff?. I know the Russian host was like “Remember- Nothing is what it seems” so I’m thinking there’s a tie-in.
I think the entire cast of that movies came from either Nickelodean, Disney or MTV shows.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

I am still on my free sub because of my iPhone but I think I might actually start paying for it when the free sub runs out.
See is awesome, I love Ted Lasso, The Morning Show has been entertaining and I've enjoyed most of the original movies they put out even the sappy one with Justin Timberlake.
So far the only thing that has really disappointed me has been Lisey's Story.

Also I am hyped for two of the new shows coming up Foundation this Friday and Invasion in October. And of course I can't wait to see The Tragedy of MacBeth with Denzel.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hulu- “No Escape” 20 mins in- I guess at some point they’ll get to the action.
No_escape_2020.jpg
I have to give this a 7.5/10 off originality, gore and the last 10 Mins. And the post-credit scenes with the “oh shyt” moment.

The fact that I caught this movie on the humble and was not planning to watch; no expectations and no marketing - better than I assumed it would be.
animated-cat.gif

morris

Superstar
Daps
I have to give this a 7.5/10 off originality, gore and the last 10 Mins. And the post-credit scenes with the “oh shyt” moment.

The fact that I caught this movie on the humble and was not planning to watch; no expectations and no marketing - better than I assumed it would be.
animated-cat.gif
:jbhmm:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hulu has another one- “Safer at Home” by the same creator of “No Escape”.
'Safer At Home' Hulu Review: Stream It or Skip It?

Premise: It is not safer at home-
:francis:
1) your mind is your biggest enemy 2)don’t so drugs while quarantined 3) don’t have zoom parties 3b) there’s a
10/10 chance that a fight/argument will result in death 3c) Don’t lockdown/quarantine with murderers in your friend circle 4)Covid is the new “Found Footage” subgenre
:merchant:

MV5BMGZlYjdiYjEtZjdmZi00NzJjLTg4OTMtMDY5Yjc3ODZkNjVkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjIzMTQ5NjE@._V1_.jpg

Last edited: