Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Don’t talk about my father’s movie dammit? That’s fighting words- are you trying to die?
:dahell:
I didn't say that The Day of The Triffids was a bad movie. It is just dated and silly.
The triffids look like they were leftover props from an episode of Doctor Who.
apC4RLU.gif

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Never watched Dr. Who but
:russ:
Is Dr. Who any good??
The modern version is better (it restarted in 2005) but the earlier stuff is really an acquired taste if you aren't familiar with it and expect things to actually look like they spent more than $5 on it.
I love it all though because I started watching reruns of the original shows as a kid on PBS.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In the Mouth of Madness:ohhh:

...horror fiction novelist book blurs into reality:whoo:

John Carpenter's wide frame:fire: creates unsettling atmospheric dread like no other:damn:

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
We had a debate on here years ago about whether or not Terminator is a horror movie. Cameron said it himself during a T2 retrospective that it is indeed a horror movie
I could see the argument being made that Terminator is sci-fi/horror.
T2 is definitely sci-fi action.
Everything after is just shyt.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Hmmmm- might check this out. (French)
The-Swarm-Netflix-review.jpg

Being in France I saw it a couple weeks ago when it came out, I enjoyed it a lot. Not sure if it really qualifies as a horror movie, there's a lot of built-up tension, it's more about this woman trying to make ends meet and how she's struggling with her two kids and finds a way to profit more off those insects. Then things go south. More "disturbing" than full-blown horror I would say. Def not a slasher or something that will have you on the edge of your seat for the whole duration, not that kind of movie.