Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
10 Horror Movies With The Most Sequels, Ranked

10 Horror Movies With The Most Sequels, Ranked
From numerous spaced out Scream follow-ups to the myriad Friday the 13th successors, these are the horror movies with the most sequels.
4Halloween (1978): 6 (3?)
There's no getting around it - the continuity of the Halloweenfranchise is a complete mess, and making sense of it may result in a headache. It started simply with Halloween II, which took place immediately after the events of the first film. Halloween III then took place outside the established series canon before Michael Myers returned for the so-called "Thorn Trilogy" comprised of Halloweens 4, 5, and 6.

RELATED: Never Hike Alone & 9 Of The Best Horror Fan Films

The series then retcons/reboots itself with Halloween H20 while alsoserving as a direct sequel to Halloween II, retaining the series canon. This rebooted storyline then concludes with Resurrection, the sixth/third official sequel to 1978's Halloween.

3Saw (2004): 9
The chronological order of Saw is a complete disaster. Luckily, the release order follows a clear path of successive sequels. Nine of them, to be exact. The first Saw proved a massive success, grossing $103 million on a $1 million budget.

Unfortunately, the series has never been able to replicate the first movie's quality, despite numerous attempts. Eight sequels have followed, spanning 2005's Saw II to 2021's Spiral. The ninth sequel, Saw X, is reportedly in development.

2Hellraiser (1987): 9
Perhaps Clive Barker's greatest contribution to the horror genre, Hellraiser was released in the fall of 1987, grossing nearly $15 million. Nine sequels followed, with largely diminishing returns (the latest films have been released straight to DVD and through video on demand).

Hellbound: Hellraiser II followed the original in 1988 and was the final entry written by Barker. Numerous sequels have since followed, including 2005's straight to DVD Hellraiser: Hellworld (the final entry starring Doug Bradley as Pinhead) and the latest film, 2018's Hellraiser: Judgment.

1Friday The 13th (1980): 10
Capitalizing on the success of the late '70s slasher craze was Friday the 13th, directed by Sean S. Cunningham and released in the spring of 1980 (just in time for camping season). The movie proved one of the most successful of its kind, grossing nearly $60 million on a measly budget of $500,000.

Naturally, an incredible ten sequels followed throughout the decades. The first immediate sequel was 1981's Friday the 13th Part 2, and the series spanned all the way to 2003 with Freddy vs. Jason - the series' tenth sequel and the last before its reboot in February 2009.
Based on Screenrant's own criteria there list is flawed and should be corrected as such:

1. Puppet Master: 14
2. Friday the 13th: 10
3. Children of the Corn: 9
4. Hellraiser: 9
5. Saw: 9
6. Texas Chainsaw Massacre: 9
7. Leprechaun: 8
8. Tremors: 7
9. Halloween: 6
10. Resident Evil: 6

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Whattttttt?!! Say word.
:ohhh:
Unexpected news is good news
8659ff9c6973a594a172237f0296136b.gif
tenor.gif

Horror Noire
1PCnRGg.jpg

The documentary told Black Horror’s history. The series will write its next chapter.
Horror Noire is a follow-up to Shudder’s acclaimed 2019 documentary, Horror Noire: A History of Black Horror.
Featuring new work from both established and emerging talents, this anthology will highlight six stories of Black horror and stream as a feature film on Shudder and AMC+ on October 14.

Horror Noire: Lesley-Ann Brandt, Luke James, Erica Ash & Others Join Shudder Anthology
QkTaSNlu

Lesley-Ann Brandt, Luke James and Erica Ash are among 13 actors who have joined the cast of Shudder’s upcoming horror anthology Horror Noire.

Horror Noire, a Shudder Original, will feature new work from both established and emerging talents, showcasing horror stories from Black directors and screenwriters. The anthology will feature six stories – “Daddy,” “Bride Before You,” “Brand of Evil,” “The Lake,” “Sundown” and “Fugue State” — presented together as a two-hour film. Horror Noire premieres in October on Shudder.

Also joining the anthology are Brandon Mychal Smith, Sean Patrick Thomas, Peter Stormare, Malcolm Barrett, Rachel True, Tone Bell, Lavell Crawford, Tony Todd, Nathaniel Logan McIntyre and Lenora Crichlow.

Brandt and McIntyre will appear in “The Lake,” written by husband-and-wife writing duo Steven Barnes and Tananarive Due; James will appear in ”Daddy,” written by Victor LaValle ; Smith will appear in “Brand of Evil,” written by Ezra C. Daniels; Ash, Stormare, Bell and Crawford will appear in “Sundown,” written by Al Letson; Crichlow and Thomas will appear in “Bride Before You,” written by Shernold Edwards ; and Barrett, True and Todd will appear in “Fugue State,” written by Barnes and Due.

Read More...

I like pretty much all of the actors cast in this show.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
I really enjoyed The Boy Behind The Door.

The little homie from This Is Us went through it.
Must be a cold day in hell for Jello to post about really enjoying a movie. No sarcasm or witty remarks.
:unimpressed:
Somebody needs to put you Underneath the Stairs like little Dobby the Harry Potter House Elf.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Based on Screenrant's own criteria there list is flawed and should be corrected as such:

Didn’t read. Don’t care.
Can’t see anything from a poster who’s on my Time Out List after all of the disrespect to my viewpoints on horror movies. Yup- I’m still feeling a way from the other day. Don’t expect me to get over it anytime soon either. Time to make a clean break from this dysfunctional coli thread comingling. Next…

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Mad God
Mad God is an experimental stop-motion film set in a Miltonesque world of monsters, mad scientists, and war pigs. Conceived and directed by our founder, legendary visual effects and stop-motion craftsman Phil Tippett, all sets, creatures and environments in Mad God are handcrafted and shot at the Berkeley studio stage.
Mad God is a mature film made with technology that spans the history of cinema.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Didn’t read. Don’t care.
Can’t see anything from a poster who’s on my Time Out List after all of the disrespect to my viewpoints on horror movies. Yup- I’m still feeling a way from the other day. Don’t expect me to get over it anytime soon either. Time to make a clean break from this dysfunctional comingling. Next…
I honestly don't remember what happened the other day.
9dea6f6a2fbe13f57e49461273765d58.gif

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Brand New Cherry Flavor
Lisa N. Nova (Rosa Salazar) comes to LA dead set on directing her first movie. But when she trusts the wrong person and gets stabbed in the back, everything goes sideways and a dream project turns into a nightmare. This particular nightmare has zombies, hit men, supernatural kittens, and a mysterious tattoo artist who likes to put curses on people. And Lisa’s going to have to figure out some secrets from her own past in order to get out alive.
Written and executive produced by 'Channel Zero creators Nick Antosca and Lenore Zion.
Premieres August 13.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Ted Bundy: American Boogeyman
The untold story of notorious killer Ted Bundy. A specter roams the highways of a gritty and decadent 1970s America, hunting for his next prey — his name is Ted Bundy (Chad Michael Murray). Tracking him is the intrepid female detective Kathleen McChesney (Holland Roden), working out of the Seattle Police bureau, and rookie FBI profiler Robert Ressler (Jake Hays), the government agent who coined the term “serial killer.”
This is the true story behind the manhunt that brought America’s most fearsome boogieman to justice.

abominable1

the fukkery, the sweet ,sweet fukkery
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@RGM

Actually that wack @$$ witchcraft series got like 30 films.

Wait just googled.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I honestly don't remember what happened the other day.
9dea6f6a2fbe13f57e49461273765d58.gif
It’s not just the other day. More like other DAYS.

You know what you do
:pacspit:
This
I sometimes forget this thread exists because I usually do all my horror movie discussion in the Official Horror thread.

But Zombie would've been better served by not spending so much time on child Michael solely because he let his pathological need to to trailer park up everything turn what was in the original the chilling idea that a seemingly normal child really wasn't normal at all but was rather a psychotic sociopath into this clownish notion that being born to a "skank with a heart of gold" stripper in a white trash hovel is what made Michael Myers into what he became.

Plus that kid he hired was a shytty actor.
And that Rick James post from the other day - and that’s just this week. Nevermind the other 720 days
:hhh:
BrokenOldfashionedDogfish-max-1mb.gif

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Brand New Cherry Flavor
Lisa N. Nova (Rosa Salazar) comes to LA dead set on directing her first movie. But when she trusts the wrong person and gets stabbed in the back, everything goes sideways and a dream project turns into a nightmare. This particular nightmare has zombies, hit men, supernatural kittens, and a mysterious tattoo artist who likes to put curses on people. And Lisa’s going to have to figure out some secrets from her own past in order to get out alive.
Written and executive produced by 'Channel Zero creators Nick Antosca and Lenore Zion.
Premieres August 13.

The poster for this is :wow:

Brand-New-Cherry-Flavor.-Credit-Netflix.jpeg