Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

:damn:

@darealvelle

To Wong Foo!!!

To Wong FOOOOOOOO!!!

:damn:

That the point I was like
tenor.gif

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
@Jello Biafra you dumbass dyckhead. I’m quite sure Linda Blair playing a demon possessed teen and carrying that around all of her life contributed to her mental decline. The EXORCIST- the most cursed movie of all time! Miss me your comparisons b - everyone associated with that 70s version either died or had a tragic life event. But since you don’t believe in spirituality - you can’t understand. It’s time to get your attitude under control.
Nah...dating Rick James was definitely more traumatic.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Sacrilege
Four lifelong friends head to a remote lodge for a weekend of fun. What begins as an idyllic retreat quickly descends into a fight for their lives when a local Pagan cult offer them up to their Goddess as a sacrifice for the Solstice.
Releasing on September 27, 2021 by Bad Blood Films.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I watched 3/4's of Pig...it's not a horror, but it's Nicholas Cage gold. Gonna finish that up after a Zoom meeting for work.

My whole family's been watching Train to Busan and suggesting it to each other like passing a baton. That movie is so damned good.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Gonna check out Empty Man

The first 20 minutes or so were really good imo. Everything after gets terribly convoluted. I'll give it credit for having some memorable images and scenes (I could see people liking it more than I did because of certain moments). But they're going for some abstract philosophical stuff by the end and I personally thought it was too messy to be worth exploring too deeply.

Last edited:

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
The first 20 minutes or so were really good imo. Everything after gets terribly convoluted. I'll give it credit for having some memorable images and scenes (I could see people liking it more than I did because of certain moments). But they're going for some abstract philosophical stuff by the end and I personally didn't thought it was too messy to be worth exploring too deeply.
Reminds me of Come True. Some of these filmmakers try too hard sometimes

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
10 Horror Movies With The Most Sequels, Ranked

10 Horror Movies With The Most Sequels, Ranked
From numerous spaced out Scream follow-ups to the myriad Friday the 13th successors, these are the horror movies with the most sequels.
4Halloween (1978): 6 (3?)
There's no getting around it - the continuity of the Halloweenfranchise is a complete mess, and making sense of it may result in a headache. It started simply with Halloween II, which took place immediately after the events of the first film. Halloween III then took place outside the established series canon before Michael Myers returned for the so-called "Thorn Trilogy" comprised of Halloweens 4, 5, and 6.

RELATED: Never Hike Alone & 9 Of The Best Horror Fan Films

The series then retcons/reboots itself with Halloween H20 while alsoserving as a direct sequel to Halloween II, retaining the series canon. This rebooted storyline then concludes with Resurrection, the sixth/third official sequel to 1978's Halloween.

3Saw (2004): 9
The chronological order of Saw is a complete disaster. Luckily, the release order follows a clear path of successive sequels. Nine of them, to be exact. The first Saw proved a massive success, grossing $103 million on a $1 million budget.

Unfortunately, the series has never been able to replicate the first movie's quality, despite numerous attempts. Eight sequels have followed, spanning 2005's Saw II to 2021's Spiral. The ninth sequel, Saw X, is reportedly in development.

2Hellraiser (1987): 9
Perhaps Clive Barker's greatest contribution to the horror genre, Hellraiser was released in the fall of 1987, grossing nearly $15 million. Nine sequels followed, with largely diminishing returns (the latest films have been released straight to DVD and through video on demand).

Hellbound: Hellraiser II followed the original in 1988 and was the final entry written by Barker. Numerous sequels have since followed, including 2005's straight to DVD Hellraiser: Hellworld (the final entry starring Doug Bradley as Pinhead) and the latest film, 2018's Hellraiser: Judgment.

1Friday The 13th (1980): 10
Capitalizing on the success of the late '70s slasher craze was Friday the 13th, directed by Sean S. Cunningham and released in the spring of 1980 (just in time for camping season). The movie proved one of the most successful of its kind, grossing nearly $60 million on a measly budget of $500,000.

Naturally, an incredible ten sequels followed throughout the decades. The first immediate sequel was 1981's Friday the 13th Part 2, and the series spanned all the way to 2003 with Freddy vs. Jason - the series' tenth sequel and the last before its reboot in February 2009.