Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
watch Alien 3 again :yeshrug:

giphy.gif

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

I don't think an $8 million dollar opening is horrible for Spiral considering the current circumstances but I do think Lionsgate left money on the table by not trying to to do a day and date deal with one of the streaming services.

Not bad, when I saw it only 7 people were in the theater. I wonder how Universal looking at Candyman now?

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Not bad, when I saw it only 7 people were in the theater. I wonder how Universal looking at Candyman now?
They might as well set it for straight to streaming - the movie theaters around my way there are only like 10 cars in the parking lot at any given time. They’re giving away popcorn, candy bundles. Most people I know set up home theaters with 75 in+ in their places, speaker systems so there’s no real push or incentive to go to theaters right now. HBO Max did it with the new Conjuring - might as well Candyman and do an October drop date

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Those motherfukkers at FOX canceled Prodigal Son.:shaq2:

Fox the 2 season hit quitter. They cancel all
Of the horror/thriller shows after 2 seasons. I think people were getting serial killer series fatigue. There’s been ALOT of serial killer shows in the past years not just on fox - Hannibal, The Following, Mindhunter, Mr. Mercedes, Lincoln Rhyme, Hannibal, The Mentalist, Dexter, The Bridge -(Mexico), The Bridge - (UK), (the tunnel) which was another Version of The Bridge- lol, Evil on cbs/Netflix, Killer, Strain, Outcast, - then the fact that Helstrom was streaming around the same time as this. They cancelled Helstrom after the first season. I mean, to us, it’s nothing bc if they make it, we’ll watch but you know non-fans of the genre are fickle and they have the majority. I still can’t get over the fact that they cancelled The Exorcist and The Passage.

Last edited:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Forgot "Candyman" was even coming out.:francis:

2020 really fukked everything up.

Oh well, in theaters or online I'm gonna see it either way.

Fred.
As long as Halloween 2021is getting released on time, I don’t care about theater v streaming. The Conjuring is already in the works for streaming to HBO Max
:popcorn:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

From executive producer J. J. Abrams and from acclaimed Chilean director Pablo Larrain (of "NO" and "Jackie" fame), this is the first look at the new adaptation of the psychological novel by horror master Stephen King.

Check out the official trailer for "Lisey's Story," the new, upcoming eight-part miniseries for Apple TV, starring Oscar-winner Julianne Moore as a widow who becomes increasingly obsessed with the dark mystery surrounding her husband's untimely death.

Clive Owen plays Moore's husband in hallucinatory flashback scenes. He plays a best-selling horror author who would have unusually long spells of unconsciousness before writing a book.

While adapting his own work, Stephen King wrote all eight episodes of the mini-series, while Pablo Larrain directed the entire run.

The supporting cast includes Jennifer Jason Leigh, Joan Allen, Dane DeHaan, Sung Kang, and Ron Cephas Jones.

"Lisey's Story" is set to premiere on June 4th exclusively on Apple TV Plus.