Essential The Official Coli Horror Film Thread: Discussion, Recommendations And Murder.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
My Heart Can’t Beat Unless You Tell It To
Two mysterious siblings find themselves at odds over care for their frail and sickly younger brother.
Director: Jonathan Cuartas
Writer: Jonathan Cuartas
Stars: Patrick Fugit, Ingrid Sophie Schram, Owen Campbell

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Battle Royale is an all-time favorite in my book. I found it as a sophomore in high school and it connected on so many damned levels for me. I was at a super cliqued-out school, loved dystopian fiction, and hadn’t seen HS social dynamics turned so dark (or at least I never got it beforehand, I’d definitely seen movies like Heathers).
On extra examination the film was so good:wow:

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This movie looks dumb as hell.:mjlol:

The Curse of Humpty Dumpty
An old doll seemingly returns to life to wreak havoc and death.
Director: Scott Jeffrey
Cast: Nicola Wright, Chris Cordell, Kate Sandison, Kate Milner Evans, Sian Altman and Danielle Scott

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Reminds me of one I just saw on Instagram

:picard:

:mjlol::laff:
im telling you some of those horror story shorts read like confessions or admissions. People revealing their darkest secrets via 2 sentence stories. The devil is in the details...
:damn::deadrose:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
William Gibson's Unproduced 'Aliens' Sequel Screenplay Being Released As A Novel

f4I3UHm.jpg

The first-draft Alien screenplay by William Gibson, the founder of cyberpunk, turned into a novel by Pat Cadigan, the Hugo Award-Winning “Queen of Cyberpunk.”

William Gibson’s never-before-adapted screenplay for the direct sequel to Aliens, revealing the fates of Ripley, Newt, the synthetic Bishop, and Corporal Hicks. When the Colonial Marines vessel Sulaco docks with space station and military installation Anchorpoint, a new form of Xenomorph appears.
Written by Hugo Award-winning novelist and “Queen of Cyberpunk” Pat Cadigan, based on Gibson’s never-produced first draft.

The Sulaco—on its return journey from LV-426—enters a sector controlled by the “Union of Progressive Peoples,” a nation-state engaged in an ongoing cold war and arms race. U.P.P. personnel board the Sulaco and find hypersleep tubes with Ripley, Newt, and an injured Hicks. A Facehugger attacks the lead commando, and the others narrowly escape, taking what remains of Bishop with them.

The Sulaco continues to Anchorpoint, a space station and military installation the size of a small moon, where it falls under control of the military’s Weapons Division. Boarding the Sulaco, a team of Colonial Marines and scientists is assaulted by a pair of Xenomorph drones. In the fight Ripley's cryotube is badly damaged. It’s taken aboard Anchorpoint, where Ripley is kept comatose. Newt and an injured Corporal Hicks are awakened, and Newt is sent to Gateway Station on the way to Earth. The U.P.P. sends Bishop to Anchorpoint, where Hicks begins to hear rumors of experimentation—the cloning and genetic modification of Xenomorphs.

The kind of experimentation that could yield a monstrous hybrid, and perhaps even a Queen.

Alien 3: The Unproduced Screenplay by William Gibson will be released on August 31, 2021.
This looks interesting.

you know what ruined the Alien franchise for me? I’m sure everyone saw it so I’m considering this a spoiler: when Ripley woke up from her cryogenic or catatonic state of space sleep and upon waking up, the crew member tells her that no one survived, that everyone on the ship was dead even the little girl. What type of anti- climatic lazy continuation was that??

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This movie looks dumb as hell.:mjlol:

The Curse of Humpty Dumpty
An old doll seemingly returns to life to wreak havoc and death.
Director: Scott Jeffrey
Cast: Nicola Wright, Chris Cordell, Kate Sandison, Kate Milner Evans, Sian Altman and Danielle Scott

Im stuck at the doll
:deadmanny::deadmanny:
humpty_dumpty.width-800.jpg

RELIC Meets ANABELLE In The Trailer For THE CURSE OF HUMPTY DUMPTY
:skip::bryan:

RELIC Meets ANABELLE In The Trailer For THE CURSE OF HUMPTY DUMPTY

Today Bloody Disgusting has the trailer for The Curse of Humpty Dumpty which, according to the trailer, marries the emotional weight of caring for a loved one suffering dementia with the crazed, cursed doll antics of your Annabelles and your Chuckies. A compelling combo, to be sure!

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Fun with the Shudder sub.
I started Saturday the 14th, which I remember from when I was younger. They had this at the local video store, and when all the new stuff was rented out already; it was one of my go-to's. This ish is waaaaay cornier than I remembered :mjlol:.

Boys From County Hell has one of the coolest vampire blood-sucking mechanics ever imo. But it's hella uneven. The tone shifts are abrupt as hell.

And then I'm on episode 5 of Nos4A2. Late pass on this one, I was looking for a new series to binge and it works. This one's got another cool vampire mechanic, and the powers concept feels inspired by the Shining/Dr. Sleep. Good cast of actors too. I'm enjoying it so far.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
This looks interesting.

you know what ruined the Alien franchise for me? I’m sure everyone saw it so I’m considering this a spoiler: when Ripley woke up from her cryogenic or catatonic state of space sleep and upon waking up, the crew member tells her that no one survived, that everyone on the ship was dead even the little girl. What type of anti- climatic lazy continuation was that??
Alien 3 was one of the most insane examples of studio interference on a project. There were like 5 different scripts written for Alien 3 that would be shot down and then elements of them would be carried over from one script to the next.
In the end they were coming up on the scheduled filming start date and put together a patchwork script that was handed to David Fincher (who up till then had only directed music videos) and he did further rewrites on it.

That's why the movie is such a mess.

Jello Biafra

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Boys From County Hell has one of the coolest vampire blood-sucking mechanics ever imo. But it's hella uneven. The tone shifts are abrupt as hell.
I liked Boys form County Hell but not as much as I wanted to mainly for the film's inability to deftly walk that tightrope of horror and comedy.