Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A 16" mid-length profile AR-15 is what you'll want, unless you want a bolt action. TBH, I would recommend an AR-22 if you don't plan on shooting people or aliens with it. The cleaning is slightly different than a full fledged ar15, but it's cheap, more fun to shoot (imo), and will teach you much better fundamentals than starting with a larger caliber.

Joebobsoutfitters, primaryarms, and riflegear are all very good online vendors. Palmettoarmory has the absolute best prices but there shipping department sucks, even though they will right any wrongs on their part.

So hypothetically, using a 22 would be better for training proper fundamentals in a group of newly interested gun owners?

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
So hypothetically, using a 22 would be better for training proper fundamentals in a group of newly interested gun owners?

Most definitely. If you're ok with your hands, I would recommend building a lower receiver and then buying either a CMMG 22lr upper or Taccom 22lr upper. Add a 2-7 scope and you're set.

I've owned both and they are very solid choices. I absolutely love my Taccom upper though. It's carbon fibre and the entire rig weighs less than 5lbs and is more accurate than I could ever be.

DUCKED_OFF

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Florida
Thinking about going to the gunshow in a few weeks but most of the people at the venue look like and normally I wouldn't care it's tons of rednecks in north florida and parts of central florida that don't do anything all day besides drink bear, incest and hunt gators and go to the Daytona 500 or mudding. But sense recent events idk if that is smart. It only like two black sales tables there and they sell pistols.
Cmdi1ThWAAA_CaP.jpg

afpcePw.jpg
crazy thing is those rednecks don't have problems selling a person like me guns and I got dreads.....they don't ask questions or nothing......but anybody else always give me the " what you need this for" look.......I know now things is really going to be harder,our next gun show is in aug and I know shyt will be crazy

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
@Draje, another nice thing about the AR-22 is that the lower is interchangeable with ar-15 uppers too if you want to ever go bigger down the line.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Draje, another nice thing about the AR-22 is that the lower is interchangeable with ar-15 uppers too if you want to ever go bigger down the line.

Hmm...I've watched and tried to put together a few rifles but only under supervision of one my gun nut happy friends that I'm not cool with.

I'm not exactly great with my hands so exactly how hard it is to learn how to get these upper and lowers together properly? Can I watch a couple of YouTube videos and get it?

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Hmm...I've watched and tried to put together a few rifles but only under supervision of one my gun nut happy friends that I'm not cool with.

I'm not exactly great with my hands so exactly how hard it is to learn how to get these upper and lowers together properly? Can I watch a couple of YouTube videos and get it?

Yeah, I learned on youtube, but palmetto carries built lowers on the cheap too, if you'd prefer. I always encourage people to learn the ins and outs of these though. I'm always available via pm for anybody that runs into any issues too. It's funny because I got some white friends that I go shooting with in the desert sometimes and I'm the armorer during our trips as well as the best shooter in the camp.
PSA AR-15 Complete Classic Lower - No Magazine - 7244

Another reason I suggest building your own is that the stock triggers on these are absolute rubbish.

Last edited:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I learned on youtube, but palmetto carries built lowers on the cheap too, if you'd prefer. I always encourage people to learn the ins and outs of these though. I'm always available via pm for anybody that runs into any issues too.
PSA AR-15 Complete Classic Lower - No Magazine - 7244

I appreciate that. I might be hitting you up pretty soon on PMs or however you'd feel comfortable communicating.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I appreciate that. I might be hitting you up pretty soon on PMs or however you'd feel comfortable communicating.

Anytime. It's definitely a valuable skill to have under your belt.

If you're going to build I would recommend getting a couple anderson lowers w/ trigger guards from fatboy tactical, your lower parts kits from white oak armory and either a Hiperfire trigger or ALG ACT. If you go with the ACT, pair it with a $15 trigger adjuster from joe bob outfitters. I like both of these triggers setups just as much as my much more expensive geisele two stage firing group.

I know it might seem overwhelming, but spending an afternoon getting to know your rifle is a very small price to pay for the knowledge that you will get from it. Youtube and I are just a click away for any problems that you might run into.

Last edited:

Kowboy

Pro
Daps
Reppin
DC
I just went over to MD today and bought the S&W M&P 9mili. :blessed: Since I am a DC resident now I got wait for the FFL transfer and necessary paperwork with Metro PD. All this is hilarious to me because I got my 30-06 deer rifle at my Pops.... However, my cousin who is a gun expert said what good is a gun 1,000 miles away going to do if someone breaks into your home or your out and about? :jbhmm: shyt you better shoot something and worry about the law later.":manny: