Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
Yeah I have Century Arms but I haven't had any problems with them. My only beef is that trigger isn't smooth. I'm thinking about changing it out with a Tapco one.

You might still want a shotgun for the house. You don't want AK bullets going through walls and down the block :whoa:

True. But the 5.45x39 tumbles. The 7.62x39 is the one that can go through the guy you shooting at & 10 other people.

But I want the rifle to get dudes off my lawn or to disperse dudes who try to demonstrate.

When I pop the trunk and dudes see that wood grain & that banana clip it really tips the scales in my favor. And that's the way I like it.

I don't really do subtle when it comes to getting my point across.

So, its mostly for outdoors. Inside the house I'm grabbing my pistol, and I might have the AK-47 hanging off the shoulder strap.

CriticalThought

All Star
Daps
I've been on those old school weapons hard recently. I want the svt-40 semi-auto (7.62x54r) but prices are crazy in the states. I envy you canadian brehs who can get it for the low:mjcry:.

I also been wanting that PPS-43c semi-auto (9mm) too. So many guns I need.

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
True. But the 5.45x39 tumbles. The 7.62x39 is the one that can go through the guy you shooting at & 10 other people.

But I want the rifle to get dudes off my lawn or to disperse dudes who try to demonstrate.

When I pop the trunk and dudes see that wood grain & that banana clip it really tips the scales in my favor. And that's the way I like it.

I don't really do subtle when it comes to getting my point across.

So, its mostly for outdoors. Inside the house I'm grabbing my pistol, and I might have the AK-47 hanging off the shoulder strap.

Can't disagree with that. I still want a AR but don't feel like putting out the money right now.

I'm looking to get a shotgun for the crib. May just grab a Mossberg if i can find a police trade in.

CriticalThought

All Star
Daps
Can't disagree with that. I still want a AR but don't feel like putting out the money right now.

I'm looking to get a shotgun for the crib. May just grab a Mossberg if i can find a police trade in.
How much are you trying to drop for the AR? For the shotgun (pump or semi)?

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
How much are you trying to drop for the AR? For the shotgun (pump or semi)?

Probably $700-$800 for the AR. I see some < $600 ones but they are no name brandsb so I don't know if I should trust them.

Prob get a pump shotgun. $300 or less

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
Probably $700-$800 for the AR. I see some < $600 ones but they are no name brandsb so I don't know if I should trust them.

Prob get a pump shotgun. $300 or less

The AR maket is not as rough as the AK market, because almost ARs are American made. AK market is really bogus now, I might buy a few AKs because I don't know what the future holds.

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The AR maket is not as rough as the AK market, because almost ARs are American made. AK market is really bogus now, I might buy a few AKs because I don't know what the future holds.

I bought mine back in 2005-2007. The prices were so cheap :blessed:. By the time I went to buy a AR they were threatening a ban and the prices went through the roof. I might just pay because I don't see them going down and will prob go up when the next election comes. Everybody gets scared at election time and guns/ammo fly off the shelves.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I FINALLY applied for my concealed carry license. Should have it in 3-4 months tho :sadcam:

The state of Illinois makes it so hard to even apply for it tho cuz it the site is very particular about which version of Java u have on ur machine when you apply. Basically, I can't do it on any computer I own. The only way I was able to apply was by doing so at from a janky virtual computer at my job.

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I FINALLY applied for my concealed carry license. Should have it in 3-4 months tho :sadcam:

The state of Illinois makes it so hard to even apply for it tho cuz it the site is very particular about which version of Java u have on ur machine when you apply. Basically, I can't do it on any computer I own. The only way I was able to apply was by doing so at from a janky virtual computer at my job.

How long will it take to get approved? Takes about 20 days in PA and it is good for 5 years

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
How long will it take to get approved? Takes about 20 days in PA and it is good for 5 years

on the illinois state police website where you sign up, it says that it takes 90 days if you send in fingerprints and 120 days if you dont. I didn't send in fingerprints, cuz that's an additional $75, and I have waited this long, and extra 30 days won't matter. and I was also told, that including the fingerprints don't even expedite the process.

as for approval, in illinois, you have to apply for and get a FOID (firearms owners ID) card. you must have this card to even look at a gun in a gun store or buy ammunition from somewhere like walmart. Then you gotta take 16 hours of gun safety from an approved trainer. I think that cost like $300-400 for me and the wife. then you gotta go on the illinois state police website and make some kinda weird digital ID. thats free, but it is a major pain in the ass cuz of the java issues. then once u do that, you can FINALLY apply for the damn concealed carry card, which cost another $150 :snoop:

anyways, Illinois was the last state to allow concealed carry, so they really really make you jump thru a gang of hoops to get one. I still gotta apply for my wife's concealed carry license. I was having trouble getting hers to go thru earlier.

just like PA, our card is good for 5 years. the FOID card is good for 10 years. FOID card only cost $10.

• Dap
Reactions: JKT

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
on the illinois state police website where you sign up, it says that it takes 90 days if you send in fingerprints and 120 days if you dont. I didn't send in fingerprints, cuz that's an additional $75, and I have waited this long, and extra 30 days won't matter. and I was also told, that including the fingerprints don't even expedite the process.

as for approval, in illinois, you have to apply for and get a FOID (firearms owners ID) card. you must have this card to even look at a gun in a gun store or buy ammunition from somewhere like walmart. Then you gotta take 16 hours of gun safety from an approved trainer. I think that cost like $300-400 for me and the wife. then you gotta go on the illinois state police website and make some kinda weird digital ID. thats free, but it is a major pain in the ass cuz of the java issues. then once u do that, you can FINALLY apply for the damn concealed carry card, which cost another $150 :snoop:

anyways, Illinois was the last state to allow concealed carry, so they really really make you jump thru a gang of hoops to get one. I still gotta apply for my wife's concealed carry license. I was having trouble getting hers to go thru earlier.

just like PA, our card is good for 5 years. the FOID card is good for 10 years. FOID card only cost $10.

:damn:

Why the fukk you have to do all that to get a gun?! Philly would be like that too if the rest of the state wasn't filled with rednecks that like to shoot guns.

We have instant background check for handguns and rifles. No ammo or magazine restrictions. It costs $30 for the concealed carry permit but that's about all they get you for.

skeetsinternal

I never see my nut
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cervixes

Why the fukk you have to do all that to get a gun?! Philly would be like that too if the rest of the state wasn't filled with rednecks that like to shoot guns.

We have instant background check for handguns and rifles. No ammo or magazine restrictions. It costs $30 for the concealed carry permit but that's about all they get you for.
Yea Philly lucky. I'm legal to carry in Philly. I feel so liberated when I leave NJ and enter PA

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

cuz in illinois, chicago runs the state. and even tho the majority of the state is rural, chicago don't want folks to have guns. and the ONLY reason we JUST got concealed carry in 2014 finally was cuz the supreme court ruled against the state. once that happened, they did all they could to make it as prohibitive as possible to carry concealed. however, my permit is coming, so I plan on carrying before the summer hits.

• Dap
Reactions: JKT

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
You can pick up a mossberg 65015 mmr AR for a little over 600 dollars.

You can also pick up a
Bushmaster XM-15 M4A2 type patrolman 5.56/.223 which is another great rifle.

That will set you back a g though but it's a great weapon

Just bought a complete Bushmaster AR-15 lower reciever for $145 at the gun store. I'll post pics with the Coli tags when I get it, gotta wait 5 days because of the waiting period.

Here is how one looks...
b5238d96a5267daa42d5380bd439ab4e.jpg

I'm looking to get this upper receiver http://www.midwayusa.com/product/72...r-assembly-556x45mm-nato-16-barrel#reviewHead

But the gun store have a CMMG upper receiver for $150 and a Spike upper receiver for $250 .

I'm bugged how easy it is to just interchange receivers, flop is an issue, so its best to look for mil spec and you can shim if needed.

DLo

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Just bought a complete Bushmaster AR-15 lower reciever for $145 at the gun store. I'll post pics with the Coli tags when I get it, gotta wait 5 days because of the waiting period.

Here is how one looks...
b5238d96a5267daa42d5380bd439ab4e.jpg

I'm looking to get this upper receiver http://www.midwayusa.com/product/72...r-assembly-556x45mm-nato-16-barrel#reviewHead

But the gun store have a CMMG upper receiver for $150 and a Spike upper receiver for $250 .

I'm bugged how easy it is to just interchange receivers, flop is an issue, so its best to look for mil spec and you can shim if needed.

Have you ever done a build before? How easy/hard is it? I'm dying to try this shyt :lupe: