Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
Any spots that have 9mm (affordable) left? Can't find any in NJ or Online
i think it's worth calling up local stores that are kinda far away, it's gonna be worth the gas money. this is the first time since the sandy hook/obama panic that i remember 9/5.56 being cheaper at local stores. like rn the cheapest brass case 9mm on ammoseek is $454 shipped a case but local stores here in nh have it at $250-275 all day.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps

A group called 'Black Guns Matter' is teaching Black Americans how to use firearms
insider@insider.com (Isaac Scher,Barbara Corbellini Duarte,Hannah Jiang,Mark Abadi)
July 15, 2020, 8:03 PM
  • The gun advocacy group Black Guns Matter is trying to change the debate around police violence and the safety of Black communities.

• Unlike most Americans, who say gun-control laws should be stricter, Black Guns Matter founder Maj Toure argues that safety means armed self-defense.

• "When I hear 'unarmed Black man,' I'm sad," Toure said. "Because there should be no such thing."

• View more episodes of Business Insider Weekly on Facebook.
Grief and rage swept the country after the police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis, Minnesota, in late May. His death renewed debate about racialized police violence and the disproportionate killing of Black Americans, who are up to four times likelier than white Americans to be killed by police.

SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT
That debate has typically centered on policing itself. But Maj Toure, the founder of Black Guns Matter, has taken another tack: Advocating for Black Americans to take up arms for self-defense.

While many argue that the way to prevent violence is to have fewer guns, he says the opposite.

"I believe that more Black people would be alive if they were armed," Toure told Business Insider Weekly.

"So when I hear 'unarmed Black man,' I'm sad," he added, "because there should be no such thing."

Black Guns Matter aims to give Black Americans a space to safely and responsibly learn about firearms
a755610f3b95afa6e1f639c78357d34c

Maj Toure, the founder of Black Guns Matter, demonstrating firearm technique at a class in Minneapolis.
Guy Wagner, Tim Freccia, Adam Tapper for Business Insider Weekly

When protests erupted in late May, Toure bought a flight to Minneapolis, where he began teaching crowds about self-defense and Black Guns Matter just a few blocks from Floyd's memorial.

"If you would like a free basic firearm safety class, you can get it right here," he told a group of passers-by, setting up a table with replica handguns. "The police, as we see, will leave. They will not come to save you. They will not save our businesses. So if you want that, I'll do that here. Anyone can come. It is completely free."

At his class, he demonstrated for crowds proper firearm technique, ran through attacker scenarios, and occasionally challenged the views of spectators who disagreed with his approach.

One common criticism is that gun ownership alone is not enough to protect Black Americans from a criminal justice system perceived as systemically racist.

"What we do know is that when Black people do have guns, they are still shot and killed by police or by other bystanders," said Amber Goodwin, founder and executive director of the Community Justice Action Fund.

"Breonna Taylor — her boyfriend Pat was lawfully owning a gun, and she was still shot and killed. And so I think the issue was larger than just give people Black people guns."

About a quarter of Black Americans said they are gun owners in a 2017 survey, compared to 36% of white Americans, according to a 2017 Pew Research Center survey.

But the National African American Gun Association says ownership among Black people is growing — nearly 15,000 new members have joined so far in 2020, according to the founder.

"A lot of times in our community, we are a lot of our politicians, unfortunately say, don't have a gun. You don't need a gun. Well, I pushed back on that and say, that's the very thing that we do need," founder Philip Smith said.

Black Guns Matter itself has seen a huge spike in interest recently — "phone calls are up about four to six extra a day," Toure said.

686b3507167833e0bab94627f36b42e4

Toure has said that "all gun control is racist."
RuaridhConnellan/Barcroft Images/Barcroft Media via Getty Images

It's a substantial change since Toure started the organization in 2016 to help Black Americans navigate gun-ownership laws and protect themselves, he said.

"We saw so much ignorance going on," he said. "Guys that lived in rough neighborhoods may have been missing some information in order to carry a firearm on their person."

"So what we in essence did was we created the space to let people know what was their process and what process it was of getting a firearm, lawfully carrying it on their person if they chose to, while being safe and responsible."

'People somehow forgot that we have a right to defend our lives with firearms'
As Toure advocates for increased gun ownership, the country remains wracked by gun violence, which is also split along racial lines. Black Americans are 10 times more likely than white Americans to die by gun homicide, and a majority of Americans feel that sales of firearms should be stricter, a recent Gallup poll found.

Nationally, the gun-control debate often falls on partisan lines, with 86% of Democrat and Democratic-leaning independents favoring stricter gun laws, and 31% of their Republican counterparts opposing them, according to Pew. Toure himself ran for a Philadelphia city council seat as a Libertarian, and has spoken about Second Amendment rights at events with conservative lawmakers.

One thing he repeats: Systemic racism has stacked the rules around gun control against Black people.

"I pick my words very carefully: All gun control is racist," Toure said. "Whether they change it to make it look like, you know, you got to pay a fee, you got to do this, you do that."

Historians say the links between gun control and racial discrimination go back to slavery and, later, Black Code laws that forbade African Americans from owning guns.

"Gun control in America was initially created to stop melanated beings from having arms," Toure said.

02c93aba1d363ee165a4364847a7cf4f

Two members of the Black Panther Party are met on the steps of the State Capitol in Sacramento, California, on May 2, 1967.
Getty Images

In the 1960s, the Black Panther Party for Self-Defense advocated for the right to bear loaded arms in public with the goal of protecting Black neighborhoods from police.

Ronald Reagan, then the governor of California, signed a bill outlawing open-carry in 1967. And the National Rifle Association, usually a stalwart supporter of gun rights, advocated gun-control laws at the time.

Today, the NRA opposes most restrictions on firearms. But Toure canceled his membership last year, saying the organization wasn't doing enough for Black communities. The NRA did not respond to Business Insider Weekly's request for comment.

When Toure walks into a Black Lives Matter crowd and meets so many people who have never touched a gun before, his work feels all the more pressing.

"People somehow forget that we have the right to defend our lives with firearms," he said.

Expanded Coverage Module: black-lives-matter-module

Read the original article on Business Insider

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

yo you come with the heat. I have been just ordering or buying locally. I found a great price on 7.62x39. What I’m going to do is build a stock pile of all the round types I need just got to get me some ammo cans. 12 gauge buck seems expensive in general I wish someone would have a sell.

east

Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
yo you come with the heat. I have been just ordering or buying locally. I found a great price on 7.62x39. What I’m going to do is build a stock pile of all the round types I need just got to get me some ammo cans. 12 gauge buck seems expensive in general I wish someone would have a sell.
12 ga is the toughest ask rn, this is prolly gonna be the best you'll get for a while: Rio Royal Buck Low Recoil 00 Buck 12GA 9 pellet 5 pack 2 3/4 i saw some s&b 12 ga #00 at targetsportsusa at $4/box a couple weeks ago and they sold out of two pallets in like five minutes :merchant:

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter

A group called 'Black Guns Matter' is teaching Black Americans how to use firearms
insider@insider.com (Isaac Scher,Barbara Corbellini Duarte,Hannah Jiang,Mark Abadi)
July 15, 2020, 8:03 PM
  • The gun advocacy group Black Guns Matter is trying to change the debate around police violence and the safety of Black communities.

• Unlike most Americans, who say gun-control laws should be stricter, Black Guns Matter founder Maj Toure argues that safety means armed self-defense.

• "When I hear 'unarmed Black man,' I'm sad," Toure said. "Because there should be no such thing."

• View more episodes of Business Insider Weekly on Facebook.
Grief and rage swept the country after the police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis, Minnesota, in late May. His death renewed debate about racialized police violence and the disproportionate killing of Black Americans, who are up to four times likelier than white Americans to be killed by police.

SCROLL TO CONTINUE WITH CONTENT
That debate has typically centered on policing itself. But Maj Toure, the founder of Black Guns Matter, has taken another tack: Advocating for Black Americans to take up arms for self-defense.

While many argue that the way to prevent violence is to have fewer guns, he says the opposite.

"I believe that more Black people would be alive if they were armed," Toure told Business Insider Weekly.

"So when I hear 'unarmed Black man,' I'm sad," he added, "because there should be no such thing."

Black Guns Matter aims to give Black Americans a space to safely and responsibly learn about firearms
a755610f3b95afa6e1f639c78357d34c

Maj Toure, the founder of Black Guns Matter, demonstrating firearm technique at a class in Minneapolis.
Guy Wagner, Tim Freccia, Adam Tapper for Business Insider Weekly

When protests erupted in late May, Toure bought a flight to Minneapolis, where he began teaching crowds about self-defense and Black Guns Matter just a few blocks from Floyd's memorial.

"If you would like a free basic firearm safety class, you can get it right here," he told a group of passers-by, setting up a table with replica handguns. "The police, as we see, will leave. They will not come to save you. They will not save our businesses. So if you want that, I'll do that here. Anyone can come. It is completely free."

At his class, he demonstrated for crowds proper firearm technique, ran through attacker scenarios, and occasionally challenged the views of spectators who disagreed with his approach.

One common criticism is that gun ownership alone is not enough to protect Black Americans from a criminal justice system perceived as systemically racist.

"What we do know is that when Black people do have guns, they are still shot and killed by police or by other bystanders," said Amber Goodwin, founder and executive director of the Community Justice Action Fund.

"Breonna Taylor — her boyfriend Pat was lawfully owning a gun, and she was still shot and killed. And so I think the issue was larger than just give people Black people guns."

About a quarter of Black Americans said they are gun owners in a 2017 survey, compared to 36% of white Americans, according to a 2017 Pew Research Center survey.

But the National African American Gun Association says ownership among Black people is growing — nearly 15,000 new members have joined so far in 2020, according to the founder.

"A lot of times in our community, we are a lot of our politicians, unfortunately say, don't have a gun. You don't need a gun. Well, I pushed back on that and say, that's the very thing that we do need," founder Philip Smith said.

Black Guns Matter itself has seen a huge spike in interest recently — "phone calls are up about four to six extra a day," Toure said.

686b3507167833e0bab94627f36b42e4

Toure has said that "all gun control is racist."
RuaridhConnellan/Barcroft Images/Barcroft Media via Getty Images

It's a substantial change since Toure started the organization in 2016 to help Black Americans navigate gun-ownership laws and protect themselves, he said.

"We saw so much ignorance going on," he said. "Guys that lived in rough neighborhoods may have been missing some information in order to carry a firearm on their person."

"So what we in essence did was we created the space to let people know what was their process and what process it was of getting a firearm, lawfully carrying it on their person if they chose to, while being safe and responsible."

'People somehow forgot that we have a right to defend our lives with firearms'
As Toure advocates for increased gun ownership, the country remains wracked by gun violence, which is also split along racial lines. Black Americans are 10 times more likely than white Americans to die by gun homicide, and a majority of Americans feel that sales of firearms should be stricter, a recent Gallup poll found.

Nationally, the gun-control debate often falls on partisan lines, with 86% of Democrat and Democratic-leaning independents favoring stricter gun laws, and 31% of their Republican counterparts opposing them, according to Pew. Toure himself ran for a Philadelphia city council seat as a Libertarian, and has spoken about Second Amendment rights at events with conservative lawmakers.

One thing he repeats: Systemic racism has stacked the rules around gun control against Black people.

"I pick my words very carefully: All gun control is racist," Toure said. "Whether they change it to make it look like, you know, you got to pay a fee, you got to do this, you do that."

Historians say the links between gun control and racial discrimination go back to slavery and, later, Black Code laws that forbade African Americans from owning guns.

"Gun control in America was initially created to stop melanated beings from having arms," Toure said.

02c93aba1d363ee165a4364847a7cf4f

Two members of the Black Panther Party are met on the steps of the State Capitol in Sacramento, California, on May 2, 1967.
Getty Images

In the 1960s, the Black Panther Party for Self-Defense advocated for the right to bear loaded arms in public with the goal of protecting Black neighborhoods from police.

Ronald Reagan, then the governor of California, signed a bill outlawing open-carry in 1967. And the National Rifle Association, usually a stalwart supporter of gun rights, advocated gun-control laws at the time.

Today, the NRA opposes most restrictions on firearms. But Toure canceled his membership last year, saying the organization wasn't doing enough for Black communities. The NRA did not respond to Business Insider Weekly's request for comment.

When Toure walks into a Black Lives Matter crowd and meets so many people who have never touched a gun before, his work feels all the more pressing.

"People somehow forget that we have the right to defend our lives with firearms," he said.

Expanded Coverage Module: black-lives-matter-module

Read the original article on Business Insider

No offense, but you most likely did not know about Maj Toure and that Black Guns Matter shyt.

Bros ain't fukking with Maj Toure like that, dude was "messing" with underage children and that Black Guns Matter shyt is a dog whistle for White Supremacist:

DVJfY-jVQAAApSK

blackgunsmatter.jpg

s-l300.jpg

Anyone else notice how this slogan on apparel has duel meanings. Some cacs have been wearing with the same connotation as a blue lives matter shirt.

I saw a racist looking white dude wearing one the other day people not knowing that slogan is an organization started by a black guy to promote black gun ownership!!!!!

Yeah. Funnily enough, 75%+ of Maj's followers on IG for over a year now have been cacs. As far as I'm concerned all of these cacs talking this "patriot" rhetoric along with 2A stuff are racists.

I'm not here to argue, but actually a small group suspected white supremacist really started the whole black guns matter. It was to mock the black lives matter, they were wearing them at trump ralleys and black lives matter protest.

Myself personally, I have been leery of Maj for some reason.

Yeah.

Black Guns Matter, is a dog whistle to other white supremacist, just to mock black people. That's why white people love Maj.

This was back in 2015, Maj started in 2016. The white supremacist spelled Ferguson as Fergadishu (Google Fergadishu), to keep it hidden and as a dog whistle to other white supremacist.

It was mocking black people and mike brown Ferguson:

images

Trump rally 2016

You see how the Guns part of the shirt is highlighted, it's like that to mock and make fun of the lives in "Black Lives Matter."

Black-Guns-Matter-600x600.jpg

its-because-im-black-isnt-it1.jpg

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I didn’t know that. I haven’t looked at his stuff but I see that he made the circuits just like Colin noir...I figured he was legit...So that Black guns matter isn’t the move?

Bros ain't fukking with Maj Toure like that, dude was "messing" with underage children and that Black Guns Matter shyt is a dog whistle for White Supremacist:

DVJfY-jVQAAApSK

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
I didn’t know that. I haven’t looked at his stuff but I see that he made the circuits just like Colin noir...I figured he was legit...So that Black guns matter isn’t the move?

Personally I do not think Black Guns Matter is a good move. It's ran by someone who had child molestation charges on him and also you will never see Maj Toure holding or shooting real gun, he is always holding fake guns.

I stop fukking with Colin Noir a while ago. I use to rock with Colin Noir because I like his gun reviews, but then he turned into some NRA/Right Wing puppet.

east

Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
i posted before how i was wary cause i didn't see maj doing any community programs like naaga does and didn't know where his money was going. so does anybody know what the money's going towards? if it's to training and equipping minorities i couldn't give a fukk if a ws or ignorant cac buys his gear for the wrong reasons. but if it's to self-dealing then fukk him.

about those charges, i didn't buy the court records but i wanna say it's some minor shyt. all the charges regarding child sexual abuse and drug possession were dropped, and the ones regarding resisting arrest/disorderly conduct (and we know how those are meaningless charges used to jam otherwise innocent ppl up for "contempt of cop") were dropped after he did some community service. as far as the law's concerned, it's like he was never arrested except for a single trademark violation charge.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Personally I do not think Black Guns Matter is a good move. It's ran by someone who had child molestation charges on him and also you will never see Maj Toure holding or shooting real gun, he is always holding fake guns.

I stop fukking with Colin Noir a while ago. I use to rock with Colin Noir because I like his gun reviews, but then he turned into some NRA/Right Wing puppet.

That’s the exact same thing I noticed he became the NRA black mascot I don’t think he’s messing with them much now. But they literally had him out and about like a mascot.

east

Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
That’s the exact same thing I noticed he became the NRA black mascot I don’t think he’s messing with them much now. But they literally had him out and about like a mascot.
colion ain't with the nra anymore, i don't even think he was with them in the first place, just with their ad agency ackerman mcqueen who had a very acrimonious split with the nra. he's still making the same kind of videos he did when he was with them so i don't think they ever had any real influence over him. and i know this is gonna be an unpopular opinion but if you're a civil rights group who's supposed to be standing for a right unpopular with blacks (who largely favor gun prohibition), wouldn't you try and push a popular black activist/commentator as much as you could?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Colin said he voted for trump and he was proud- trump supports 2nd amendment and was great for business... and since he was a business owner he voted for trump, and his business has been doing excellent.

I can’t rock with someone putting his support behind a sick racist just because he can benefit your pockets. Not how we grow.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
colion ain't with the nra anymore, i don't even think he was with them in the first place, just with their ad agency ackerman mcqueen who had a very acrimonious split with the nra. he's still making the same kind of videos he did when he was with them so i don't think they ever had any real influence over him. and i know this is gonna be an unpopular opinion but if you're a civil rights group who's supposed to be standing for a right unpopular with blacks (who largely favor gun prohibition), wouldn't you try and push a popular black activist/commentator as much as you could?

Makes perfect sense.