Essential The Official Coli Gun Owners Thread

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Been tryna find a good carry piece cuz the hi-point is cool but too bulky for me. Been thinking bout the walther creed or the S&W SD40. Tryna get something decent for 250-300 until i save up for a nice joint

my conceal carry is a glock 43 9mm.

small enough to fit in ones front pocket even. very easy to conceal carry.

but I paid like $450 for that gun so it ain't cheap.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
108bb55.jpg

2la7iiu.jpg

254wdy.gif

My pops old Hi-Point C9. Waiting on my tax return to get another joint to carry but I’m gonna use this for now. Got my CCW class saturday and ima take it to the range shortly after
I hear nothing but horror stories about hi points.
You can get a decent smith and wesson for about $300 or a bersa for $200 - $250
I know budgets are always a factor but this is definitely something you dont want to just go with the cheapest option.
Check GunBroker.com if you haven't already.
I'm sure you can find something very reliable to fit almost any budget.

Sidenote: Try to get in the habit of holding the slide instead of letting it slam shut like that.
You can damage the ejector letting it go like that.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I know budgets are always a factor but this is definitely something you dont want to just go with the cheapest option.

Sidenote: Try to get in the habit of holding the slide instead of letting it slam shut like that.

especially since that's an old gun. I only see people letting the slide go like that in movies. I don't do it on any of my guns either. and I don't see people who are supposed "experts" in gun tutorial videos doing it either.

RAW_SPK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
N.I.N.
hi points unfortunately only have ten round capacity for their magazines they are a good reliable starter gun if your on a budget.

Yea I dont like the 10 shot mag cuz it looks awky but i got an extra 8 round mag.

my conceal carry is a glock 43 9mm.

small enough to fit in ones front pocket even. very easy to conceal carry.

but I paid like $450 for that gun so it ain't cheap.

Ima hav to try that one out at the range

especially since that's an old gun. I only see people letting the slide go like that in movies. I don't do it on any of my guns either. and I don't see people who are supposed "experts" in gun tutorial videos doing it either.

Yea my brother told me the same thing about holding the slide.

I think im for sure gonna get the S&W SD40VE aa the next joint. Ima test the hipoint out today or tomorrow after my class and see how it feels but its been a good minute since i last used it. Idk when the last time pops used it

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Yea I dont like the 10 shot mag cuz it looks awky but i got an extra 8 round mag.

I think im for sure gonna get the S&W SD40VE aa the next joint. Ima test the hipoint out today or tomorrow after my class and see how it feels but its been a good minute since i last used it. Idk when the last time pops used it
That smith and Wesson you mentioned is the first gun I bought. It’s decent. If concealed carry is your thing the smith and Wesson is a bit too large. For me at least. I bought a Bersa .380 with is much easier for me to conceal and it’s a much better made gun than the smith and Wesson. With the right rounds, .380 isn’t bad for self defense.

RAW_SPK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
N.I.N.
That smith and Wesson you mentioned is the first gun I bought. It’s decent. If concealed carry is your thing the smith and Wesson is a bit too large. For me at least. I bought a Bersa .380 with is much easier for me to conceal and it’s a much better made gun than the smith and Wesson. With the right rounds, .380 isn’t bad for self defense.

Whats some good Bersa models you recommend?

I was lookin at their prices :ehh:. But i was really hoping to get a 40 as a conceal but yall would probably know better than me

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Whats some good Bersa models you recommend?

I was lookin at their prices :ehh:. But i was really hoping to get a 40 as a conceal but yall would probably know better than me
Bersa Thunder or Bersa Firestorm
https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=bersa+thunder

You can get them for $260 brand new.
I bought mine used at a gun store for $180 or so.

There's a lot of debate about what is the lowest effective caliber a person should be carrying.
Some people say nothing smaller than a 9mm. Some even say 45mm or nothing.
I recommend going with the gun and caliber you are most accurate with.
The stopping power of a 45mm is pointless if you can't hit the intended target.
I'm very accurate with my Bersa Thunder, and it's very easy to conceal.

Caliber is not everything though. The best gun I've ever shot was a full sized Kimber 1911 .45 ACP.
I mean, I was crazy accurate with it. But that's a $1,000 + gun.

Take your gun purchase seriously and don't get all your info from one source.
A lot of people are very bias and will give you inaccurate information.
Find a gun range that rents a decent variety of guns and figure out what works best for you in terms of budget, accuracy, and concealability.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

thats the ONLY thing I hate about my carry conceal gun. it only holds 6+1. damn near at revolver status. I only keep 6 total in there, cuz I like to have it unchambered when I'm in the house.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Letting the slide slam like that isn't bad for the gun, *if it is well lubed.

The damage comes from metal sliding against metal thus even if you haven't shot your gun if you dry fire by racking the slide and shyt then wipe it down and find dirt, grime, debris, and metal shavings that's your gun becoming damaged.

:snoop: I learned the hard way with my sig clone (cz brand .40). Started having ejector port problems. I thought I was maintaining it lube wise. It was clean but that metal on metal friction wore it out.

Keeping it clean and lubed is as important as having safety locks, and unchambered an all of that.

Inf1ne

Banned
Daps
Sccy is a good new company but they like fake glocks with a light pull
Not really into guns that much anymore but I prefer a .44 or .357 snub and allegedly a few ball and chain shotgun rounds 20 or 12 ga. (home defense)if someone wanna take my lil monopoly monies

Also all y'all with the call of duty straps is in for a surprise if you gotta use em that shyt will tear ya house up. Better to just take a martial art and get bear mace or knife unless you fukking duke nukem

Daps
I want to get my first gun soon. I just want something cheap to have in the house to blast any mothafukka who tries to break in. I've been looking at the maverick 88 shotgun to get started. From there I'll get a cheap rifle like a ruger 10/22. I think I'll spend a little more on my first handgun. What do y'all think?

Inf1ne

Banned
Daps
If you live in a building get slugs or specialty rounds unless you tryna tear ya neighbors shyt up

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
I want to get my first gun soon. I just want something cheap to have in the house to blast any mothafukka who tries to break in. I've been looking at the maverick 88 shotgun to get started. From there I'll get a cheap rifle like a ruger 10/22. I think I'll spend a little more on my first handgun. What do y'all think?

I'm guessing you live in california based on your screen name, first I would say ditch the .22 caliber rifle and get a AR-15 chambered in 5.56 or a 7.62x39 (AK). I say that because of the school shootings that has happened, california will try to be the first ones to really crack down on high power rifles. Cali has already cracked dowb on rifles, but they might take it a step further. Then you can pick up a .22 rifle.

You should really should not go too cheap on your firearms, you can't put a price tag on your life.

Check out the Mossberg 500 Persuader, it's 8 shots (7+1) and is good for those tight corners in your home.