The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
In my honest opinion most white are not racist but you have those that are outright racist and those who say things like that when faced with feeling like they will be violated. Younger black people bring it on themselves. I remember in the summer riding down the street and a group of young black mofos (ages 17-22 I estimate) we bopping and dancing in the street (a main busy ass street) and as cars rode past they banged on the windows and kicked the cars. WTF are they doing that? So some scared white person or some equally ignorant ass nicca gets out of their car and shoots one of them? This generation is WILD. I dont agree with the statement and they definitely wouldnt say it in front of those same black people they are talking about but I understand why they would say it

See, I'm not against protecting yourself (once the line has been crossed), but I fear that paranoia and fear will cause people to shoot first, ask questions later. It's bad enough that the media portrays all young blacks as thugs, so they have an innate fear of us. By that same token, parents are not doing their job! They let their kids just run wild.

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
See, I'm not against protecting yourself (once the line has been crossed), but I fear that paranoia and fear will cause people to shoot first, ask questions later. It's bad enough that the media portrays all young blacks as thugs, so they have an innate fear of us. By that same token, parents are not doing their job! They let their kids just run wild.

Yup agree with that whole statement. Now tho, kids who are 16 have parents are 30-31. Still acting young and thinking what these kids are doing is funny. I was talking this chick and she was like im trying to find my son some dro, he doesnt some regular so I smoke when he smokes that good good. I laughed because I thought she was kidding but she wasn't. Its sad.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Yup agree with that whole statement. Now tho, kids who are 16 have parents are 30-31. Still acting young and thinking what these kids are doing is funny. I was talking this chick and she was like im trying to find my son some dro, he doesnt some regular so I smoke when he smokes that good good. I laughed because I thought she was kidding but she wasn't. Its sad.

I don't know what's more fukked up, this actual incident, or the fact that I'm not even surprised.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
Well I was talking about how I feel this generation of young black people are f'up and I didnt want to offend you. Your responses seemed mature but I didnt want to assume.

Thanks. I try not to assume anything about young black people. Yeah, I know a lot of them are lost, but as far as the rest who actually try to do well, they get enough flack just for being part of that group, so I'm not gonna be the one to come down on them.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Officials: Former prep basketball player among 3 arrested in DuPage robbery - chicagotribune.com

Three men, including a former Downers Grove South basketball star, were being held in the DuPage County jail Friday on robbery charges, officials said.

Jerron Wilbut, 19, of Willowbrook, the former Downers Grove South player, Leverenzel Booth, 18, of Darien, and Kelechukwu Akuba, 20, of Plainfield, were being held in lieu of $10,000 full cash bails following their arrests Thursday by the DuPage County Sheriff’s police.

According to police, the trio had made plans to meet a juvenile acquaintance about 4 p.m. Thursday in an unincorporated area of DuPage County near Clarendon Hills.

The group invited the juvenile into a car, and one of the three displayed what appeared to be a gun before robbing the youth of money and property, police said.

They then allowed the victim to go free and he contacted police, who say they arrested the three early Thursday night and located the property alleged to have been stolen.