The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

1017Breh

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Otf/Gbe/300/Sohh Icey
RT @TheREAL_CEAIRA: Wtf they jus pronounced Jo Jo dead! R.I.P. man... U was on da bike wit my brotha shyt krazy! @OsoArrogantJoJo

Sent from - the Otf loft.. #3Hunna

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DCFS says West Aurora school officials violated state law - chicagotribune.com

The state's child welfare agency says West Aurora school district officials violated state law when they did not immediately report an allegation in 2010 that a band director had an inappropriate encounter with a student.

Ten months after the alleged encounter occurred at West Aurora High School, the teacher, Stephen P. Orland, was arrested for engaging in sexual contact with two students. In March, he pleaded guilty to two counts of criminal sexual abuse and was sentenced to 12 years in prison.

A spokesman for the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services said the agency referred the district's handling of the allegation to the Kane County state's attorney's office.

The state's attorney's office has not confirmed it is investigating the matter, but at a meeting Tuesday night, the West Aurora District 129 board unanimously approved hiring outside legal counsel to represent three district staff members as part of a state's attorney's inquiry. The officials are Superintendent James Rydland, Assistant Superintendent Ed Howerton and former Assistant Principal and current teacher Mike Slou, according to school board attorney Joe Perkoski.

ComputersPutin

All Star
Daps
Glad nobody was hurt

School bus shot while picking up elementary students on South Side - Chicago Sun-Times

No one was injured Friday morning when a school bus that was stopped to pick up two children was apparently shot in the South Deering neighborhood. The bullet tore through a seat and two windows of the bus, loaded with approximately 25 children.

The bus, on its way to Our Lady of Guadalupe Elementary School, was picking up children at 106th Street and Calhoun Avenue about 7:45 a.m. What appeared to be a bullet entered the bus through a passenger side window, went through a seat and exited through the driver’s side window, Kubiak said.

“This is Our Lady of Guadalupe’s school, she’s looking for us,” said Principal Carl Ploense.

The shooting occurred about two miles from the school, located at 9050 S. Burley Ave., said Ryan Blackburn of the Archdiocese Office of Catholic Schools.

The driver, who has been a school bus driver for 37 years, notified the school, which called police. The driver declined comment.

“Gratefully none of the students were harmed, and this incident demonstrates why the school’s mission is so critical to its families,” Blackburn said.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What nobody wants you to know about the violence in Chicago | Becoming Nikki Lynette

I have been in New York on business for the past couple weeks. Every time someone finds out I'm from Chicago, the reply is always something like "Yo... Chicago is going crazy right now." Then they quote something to me about the latest death toll in my hometown. Honestly, I don't wanna hear that shyt. I grew up around gang violence and poverty. It wasn't until I witnessed a murder/suicide in the apartment across the hall from me that I decided to save up money and leave the hood for good.

One of my friends who runs a prominent hip hop blog here in New York asked me why Chicago is so much worse this year and why our city is so bad that people like Chief Keef were able to build a buzz by "talking that little kid street shyt." I looked him in his eyes and said "Because people like you publicize it. You helped make Chief Keef a star. People in Chicago finally get to see someone from the block getting fame, and it just so happens the rappers from Chicago who y'all choose to acknowledge are on some goon shyt. So don't talk to me about the violence in my city. You contributed."

He didn't have a reply.

People can try to blame artists like Chief Keef (I refuse to acknowledge the existence of Lil Mouse) for the recent rise in violence in Chicago streets, but if you really wanna make the point that their "negative message" is the reason for the crime then don't you have to point the finger at the media outlets that publicize them? Don't you have to blame international superstar Kanye for hopping on Chief Keef's song and getting him recognition? Don't you have to blame the makers of Pitchfork's "Selector" series for interviewing Chief Keef in a gun range? Don't you have to blame all the hip hop sites (whose names I have been asked not to mention) who booked Chief Keef for hella shows and give him prominent features on their site?

Even the major publication that I write for gave Chief Keef a cover story in the paper. They knew about his music's content but they featured him anyway. There are plenty of talented artists with less violent messages who they can feature. For example, Rockie Fresh is a dope lyricist from Chicago who recently got signed to Maybach Music Group. Rockie is awesome. Where is his newspaper cover? And personally, if I had not become a freelance writer for the paper and was allowed to tell my own story, I might have never been featured in the paper at all! When it comes to rap in Chicago, only the goon shyt seems to get the spotlight. If you don't believe me, ask any rapper from Chicago who isn't a goon.

:violent:

Offthegrid

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wow: what has happened to my chicity :to:

:upsetfavre::stopitslime: errbody kno da city has been fukd up since da 20s.
city jus gettin a bad press now because alot ppl our gaining fame by talkn about their life living in chicago it jus so happens to be young kids who aint even 18 yet giving the world a news report of wats been goin on in dese chi streets and a corrupted city govt dont make it any better

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
279432_10100169367159051_1089114862_o.jpg

Cheers, bytches!

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
12-year-old boy among seven shot since noon Thursday - chicagotribune.com

A 12-year-old boy was caught between a drive-by shooter and the shooter’s target Thursday afternoon, one of three people shot in the Back of the Yards neighborhood and among seven peple shot between about noon Thursday, according to police.

Among the seven were a pair of adults shot during robberies blocks and minutes apart in the Ukrainian Village neighborhood, and police believe the same person attacked both of them.

They were wounded about 1:25 a.m. in the the 1000 block of North Damen and the 2100 block of West Thomas Street. In the first of the two, a 30-year-old woman was shot in the hip just north of Augusta Boulevard on Damen Avenue. She's in critical condition at John H. Stroger Jr., Hospital of Cook County. Police recovered two shell casings near the corner of the August and Damen before calling for a fire engine to hose blood away from the scene.