The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mother loses second son to violence; 1 of 9 killed, 17 wounded - Chicago Sun-Times

Nearly 20 years ago, gunfire left Jamel Shepard a paraplegic.

On Saturday, as he sat in his wheelchair on the front porch of the family’s Austin home, Shepard found himself in the line of fire.

This time it killed him.

His 61-year-old mother, Margaret Shepard, said her son was outside visiting with at least one other man just after noon Saturday when the shooting started outside in the 4900 block of West Washington Boulevard. She was in the kitchen, unloading groceries, when she heard two gunshots “and they were really close.”

“I thought ‘oh my goodness, what is going on here?’ ” Shepard said, noting that she walked through the family’s apartment toward the front of the residence. “As I walked through the dining room, I could hear three more shots.”

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
So right up the block from me some kid got lit the fukk up. nikkas hopped out the car and dumped him with an AK. And this was in a gentrified neighborhood(kenwood). Gonna be a crazy summer

Damn that's a decent area. I used to work over there for quite some time. This hear wave is no joke this year. My electricity bill gonna be thru the roof :noah:

OGJOHNNY5

Sober Poster
Daps
Reppin
*Sohh ICEY* VA -- 757/804/703
met a chick from Chicago when I went to Miami last March. thinkin about going to visit her.

if so i'll be taking a vest, a few friends, and some guns :jawalrus:

hopefully she'll let me beat :skip:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
What's your guys views on Emmanuel and the job he's doing so far?

He's trying tO sOlve the city's fiscal problems by nickel and dining the shyt outta everyone.

Raising water/sewage rates 80%
Raising prop taxes cuz of the amount of foreclosures
Red light/speeding cameras everywhere
Raised city stickers $10 this year

:pacspit:

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
So right up the block from me some kid got lit the fukk up. nikkas hopped out the car and dumped him with an AK. And this was in a gentrified neighborhood(kenwood). Gonna be a crazy summer
They shot a kid on Michigan. I swear I'm going to have to start wearing a suit even on the weekends. I look like who they think is doing all the crime if I don't.

Ooh Marty

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere plottin
3 days ago my friends and I had to traveled to the hood out west on 5th and Pulaski to one of the best bbq stands in Chicago (food is delicious)

It was about 5pm at night, its a small alley next to the food stand and it was yellow tape covering the alley and there a man lay dead, shot to death....his body been there for like one day :snoop:

So sad :no:

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
3 days ago my friends and I had to traveled to the hood out west on 5th and Pulaski to one of the best bbq stands in Chicago (food is delicious)

It was about 5pm at night, its a small alley next to the food stand and it was yellow tape covering the alley and there a man lay dead, shot to death....his body been there for like one day :snoop:

So sad :no:
It's getting pretty common walking around and spotting yellow tape situations in areas that are considered "safe."

Lots more boots on the grounds in my neighborhood. Thank god they are laying off loud to focus on all the madness. My delivery guy is hella chill these days because all the heat is off guys like him. Lol.

Since '86

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Dudes used to get street justice for fukking with people they weren't supposed to (kids, women, old folks, etc). They don't even care if kids are around, always on some covert shyt trying to shoot nikkas from a distance.

Coast'in

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Southern Edge of Life
Breh ya'll got me not wanting to stay in the Chi man. I gotta go up and interview for a job in the Chi next week, yall got me :merchant: not wanting to go. Is it really that bad???

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
let me make this thread a little happier
FvX9c.gif