The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
I'm living in Streeterville these days where I witnessed the first flashmob of the Summer a couple weeks back. I'll be sure to liveblog the next one, lol.

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
I just moved here from Michigan where I've lived in some rough areas. This city is far more dangerous than any city in Michigan. Detroit, Lansing, Flint, etc. have NOTHING on Chicago. In the 9 months or so I've witnessed 2 shootings and a neighbor of mine died in an apartment fire. My main takeaways so far have been:

1) These urban youth do not play when it comes to mayhem.
2) This city is hyper corrupt. Probably moreso than its given credit for.
3) This city needs to be purged of all it's vagrants. These bums are out of control. DO NOT engage them at all.
4) You don't want to be featured on WGN. If you see one of their trucks keep it moving.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just moved here from Michigan where I've lived in some rough areas. This city is far more dangerous than any city in Michigan. Detroit, Lansing, Flint, etc. have NOTHING on Chicago. In the 9 months or so I've witnessed 2 shootings and a neighbor of mine died in an apartment fire. My main takeaways so far have been:

1) These urban youth do not play when it comes to mayhem.
2) This city is hyper corrupt. Probably moreso than its given credit for.
3) This city needs to be purged of all it's vagrants. These bums are out of control. DO NOT engage them at all.
4) You don't want to be featured on WGN. If you see one of their trucks keep it moving.

Damn B. I was thinking of moving to Chicago after university.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mother of Christ

14-year-old boy killed in Englewood, 13 others wounded across city - chicagotribune.com

A 14-year-old boy was killed and 13 other people were wounded by gunfire across the city Friday night into Saturday morning, including a gang-related shooting near the Lincoln Park Zoo, authorities said.

Antonio Davis, of the 8000 block of South Eberhart Avenue, was found dead with several gunshot wounds in the 7000 block of South Union Avenue in the Englewood neighborhood about 8:40 p.m. Friday, according to the Chicago Fire Department and the medical examiner's office.

The boy was walking with at least one other person when a grey van pulled up and a passenger, a man wearing a dark-colored hoodie, exited with a gun, said police News Affairs Officer Robert Perez.

He opened fire, striking the boy. As he lay on the ground, the shooter kept firing. “He shot him while the victim was down several times,’’ Perez said. The shooter then got back into the van, which was driven by another man about the same age – between the ages of 20 and 25.

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps

sounds like he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, my homeboy aunt lives in englewood on ada street and says on average in a month there is about 4-5 bodies a month in a 5 block raidus from her crib :damn: :snoop:

she said streets a block a way from each other are at war, if your not from around there u cant even walk around that place unless u know somebody, but even if your with somebody and there from a different street/hood they still goin get u.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sounds like he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, my homeboy aunt lives in englewood on ada street and says on average in a month there is about 4-5 bodies a month in a 5 block raidus from her crib :damn: :snoop:

she said streets a block a way from each other are at war, if your not from around there u cant even walk around that place unless u know somebody, but even if your with somebody and there from a different street/hood they still goin get u.

Not good breh, you can't even walk down the street. Cleveland is not looking so bad.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Yeah but he walked up to the window and broke it with a pipe. Little did he know dude was a Latin King with a burner.

they had a verbal disagreement that escalated past the point of first visual eye contact.

that was even reported in the news, almost verbatim.

like said earlier,.....the violence in chi is mostly verbal disagreements that have escalated.

art barr