The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
Damn....yeah I ain't never had a dress code problem. I usually pop in after 10.

Check out room 183 on Thursdays...ladies night. It's in the cut. Not alot of people know about it in CC Hills.

I fukk with them & Island bar off the fact they play stuff we grew up on 25-34yo age range.

No Yati Or Uzi vert:blessed:
Stay outta my city :birdman:

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rake by Gotti came on...a lil breh 15 went through Gotti whole verse quiet. Nicki verse come on & he know it word for word :gucci:

In other news I'm sitting in the barbershop for atleast anoter 40min:mjcry:

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
Four Englewood High Schools Set To Close

:coffee:Ain't no new hs coming ... Same ol tricky..

So mfs couldn't have built it first?:laff:

Them schools underutilized, yeah it’s bad for the community but think about this.

Some of these high schools are meant to hold 2k students and it’s only 900–1000 kids there :mjcry:

Think of the operating cost of those big, old ass schools

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
Them schools underutilized, yeah it’s bad for the community but think about this.

Some of these high schools are meant to hold 2k students and it’s only 900–1000 kids there :mjcry:

Think of the operating cost of those big, old ass schools

The is the problem June 2018 the schools closes,

New won't be supposedly finished until Fall 2019

The new school ain't even being currently built

In between that time most students will eventually move on

Also too many different gangs in 1 HS:francis: Imagine FENGER 2009 times 10...
For example Insanes & them BDs will have to go to the school:damn:

I have no issue with new development but damn its better ways of handling shyt...

Sammy Steez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MKE
Would y'all say that Bronzeville is a good neighborhood to purchase in for a first time home buyer?

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
Four Englewood High Schools Set To Close

:coffee:Ain't no new hs coming ... Same ol tricky..

So mfs couldn't have built it first?:laff:

reading this article it seems like they're trying to start one big charter School
Chicago Public Schools closing and consolidation plan would affect thousands of students
Juan Perez Jr.Contact ReporterChicago Tribune
Chicago Public Schools on Friday moved ahead with school closing and merger proposals that would affect thousands of kids next school year.

Under a previously announced plan, four South Side schools would close over the summer and the district would send hundreds of displaced students to surrounding schools. One building would be demolished to make way for a new high school, and privately operated charter schools would take over two other sites, under the district’s plan.

Students at two predominantly African-American elementary schools near downtown would merge with more diverse campuses. One of those buildings, in the growing South Loop area, would gradually convert into a new high school.

In addition, Hirsch, one of the city’s lowest-enrolled high schools, would share space for a privately run charter school program that’s backed by a local megachurch and a foundation headed by hip-hop artist Common.

Chicago Public Schools plans to close four schools: TEAM Englewood Community Academy, Robeson High School, Haper High School and John Hope College Prep.

(Chicago Tribune)
“This is a mayor who has done nothing to address the needs of our struggling neighborhoods, or the needs of the Black and Latino students whose schools he chronically underfunds and neglects,” union Vice President Jesse Sharkey said in a statement. “His actions are contemptible.”

Jackson said the Urban Prep charter network, which already operates a school inside TEAM Englewood’s campus, will take over the entire building. A KIPP Chicago Charter Schools program will also keep its current spot inside Hope’s campus.

Robeson’s building will be demolished and replaced with a new $85 million campus scheduled to open for freshmen in 2019.

What to do with Harper’s building has yet to be decided, Jackson said.

Hirsch, one of the city’s most underenrolled neighborhood high schools, would open its campus to the Art In Motion charter school next fall. CPS said the charter program, which is backed in part by the New Life Covenant Church and Common Ground Foundation, would first open to seventh- and eighth-graders before expanding to include a high school program.

Mahalia Hines, a member of the Chicago Board of Education and mother of the hip-hop performer Common, also serves on the board of her son’s foundation.

Cardenas and Castellanos, two neighboring schools in the Little Village neighborhood, would consolidate under one administration — but continue to operate in separate buildings.

The Haugan and Henry elementary campuses on the Northwest Side would expand to include seventh- and eighth-grade classes over the coming two school years, replacing a middle school program that was recently opened inside Roosevelt High School.

The Rudolph and Hope Institute programs for special education students will also combine operations.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.chic...-englewood-south-loop-20171201-story,amp.html

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Beverage tax gone

:blessed:
Bye bye government jobs :(
Would y'all say that Bronzeville is a good neighborhood to purchase in for a first time home buyer?
I know a couple people in their late 20s/early 30s that purchased over there. It was overpriced leading up to the housing bubble and then never recovered 100% but I think it is picking up again. If you want an interesting read, Natalie Moore (fine black reporter from WBEZ) wrote an article about her experience buying in Bronzeville:
Black Homeownership: The Promise and The Pitfalls

With that said, it is always one of those neighborhoods that is on the cusp of turning the corner but has above average violence relative to other up-and-coming neighborhoods.

Sammy Steez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MKE
Bye bye government jobs :(

I know a couple people in their late 20s/early 30s that purchased over there. It was overpriced leading up to the housing bubble and then never recovered 100% but I think it is picking up again. If you want an interesting read, Natalie Moore (fine black reporter from WBEZ) wrote an article about her experience buying in Bronzeville:
Black Homeownership: The Promise and The Pitfalls

With that said, it is always one of those neighborhoods that is on the cusp of turning the corner but has above average violence relative to other up-and-coming neighborhoods.

Great read, thank you for sharing. I feel like I kinda fall into this category after reading it
"I loved the idea of investing into a historical legacy with the chance to usher in change. I represented a wave of young black homeowners buying into that idealism."

But similar to the author, I could be too idealistic and be setting myself up for an L. :lupe:

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Chicago brehs, I'll be in yall great city tomorrow thru Christmas morning. Anybody know where I can get some open run basketball in at?

I'm staying on the South Side