The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
its so touristy. kinda like a picture by the bean. I haven't done either of those things. I went on the skydeck so long ago, they didn't even have those ledges.

Yeah I feel you on that. I liked the whole experience of being able to look down from so high up. But yeah when you a local, it's like you barely so any tourists things. It's like when people say they coming down to Miami and do tourists things like hit up the beach and ocean drive. Be like I can do that shyt on a random Saturday night. You get used to your own routine that doing things that tourists do gets kind of boring.

Might check out some Chicago history museum tomorrow and a gangster tour. We checked out some architecture tour today. It was aite. Nice to see all the historic buildings y'all have. Just came back recently from this local brewery bar. shyt called motor row brewery. Found it on Groupon. Down on like 24th and Michigan. They make their own beer there, like craft beers and have performances too. Chicago blues all stars were playing. Real chill spot. Hole in the wall type place. I'm not really a blues guy but I liked the vibe.

City got good food too. We just ate some Harold chicken. We hit up portillos earlier and that shyt was delicious. I wanna check out als beef hopefully tomorrow before we leave.

Also went up to Wrigley today to check that out. They had a green day concert going on but we don't really fukk with them like that. Still cool to check out the outside of the stadium and the neighborhood. It's a historic stadium so that was nice to check out.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I feel you on that. I liked the whole experience of being able to look down from so high up. But yeah when you a local, it's like you barely so any tourists things. It's like when people say they coming down to Miami and do tourists things like hit up the beach and ocean drive. Be like I can do that shyt on a random Saturday night. You get used to your own routine that doing things that tourists do gets kind of boring.

Might check out some Chicago history museum tomorrow and a gangster tour. We checked out some architecture tour today. It was aite. Nice to see all the historic buildings y'all have. Just came back recently from this local brewery bar. shyt called motor row brewery. Found it on Groupon. Down on like 24th and Michigan. They make their own beer there, like craft beers and have performances too. Chicago blues all stars were playing. Real chill spot. Hole in the wall type place. I'm not really a blues guy but I liked the vibe.

City got good food too. We just ate some Harold chicken. We hit up portillos earlier and that shyt was delicious. I wanna check out als beef hopefully tomorrow before we leave.

Also went up to Wrigley today to check that out. They had a green day concert going on but we don't really fukk with them like that. Still cool to check out the outside of the stadium and the neighborhood. It's a historic stadium so that was nice to check out.
Italian beef, dipped with mozzarella and hot peppers on it:ufdup:

And to me Portillo's >>>> Al's

FocusedDaily

Chi-town's Hero
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South-side Chi
I came up on a last minute lick for green day tickets but couldn't go.

Late 90's MTV days when it was still cool to like more than one genre of music.:flabbynsick:

There are $30 tickets to the 2 chainz concert at the chicago theater tomorrow if you just want to do something. Id go, but I prefer seeing comedy there over rap show unless I get really great seats. T-Pain is going to be at studio Paris tomorrow night, and that will def be fun. (Edit: Tpain sold out)

Last edited:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I came up on a last minute lick for green day tickets but couldn't go.

Late 90's MTV days when it was still cool to like more than one genre of music.:flabbynsick:

There are $30 tickets to the 2 chainz concert at the chicago theater tomorrow if you just want to do something. Id go, but I prefer seeing comedy there over rap show unless I get really great seats. T-Pain is going to be at studio Paris tomorrow night, and that will def be fun. (Edit: Tpain sold out)

I know I liked a few green day songs, like their hits. But can't remember the names. Didn't they sing boulevard of broken dreams. I know there was a few I liked.

I did see that 2chainz was gonna be there when I passed by the theatre yesterday. Would be something cool to check out if I wasn't going home in the morning.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I can't deal with this fool. :snoop:

So my boy goes to take a shower and I say I'm going downstairs to check out before the deadline. He talking bout oh we can't do that until we ready to leave. I'm like fool the room is under my name so don't worry about it and mind your business. I go downstairs and turn in the room cards and come back up. He over here talking about that they did us a favor cuz what if something happens now. They can't charge us if we checked out. He saying, oh what if we steal the coffee maker or tv. They can't do anything since we checked out already. As if they didn't have my credit card on file for the deposit already. :snoop:

Then the other day we order breakfast from a local spot, potbelly sandwich shop. Get it delivered to the hotel. The driver forgets to take the slip I signed and my boy says I can dispute the charge since they don't have proof. Mind you that I've used that card all over Chicago so it's not like I can say, oh my card got stolen and was used thousands of miles away. :snoop:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I can't deal with this fool. :snoop:

So my boy goes to take a shower and I say I'm going downstairs to check out before the deadline. He talking bout oh we can't do that until we ready to leave. I'm like fool the room is under my name so don't worry about it and mind your business. I go downstairs and turn in the room cards and come back up. He over here talking about that they did us a favor cuz what if something happens now. They can't charge us if we checked out. He saying, oh what if we steal the coffee maker or tv. They can't do anything since we checked out already. As if they didn't have my credit card on file for the deposit already. :snoop:

Then the other day we order breakfast from a local spot, potbelly sandwich shop. Get it delivered to the hotel. The driver forgets to take the slip I signed and my boy says I can dispute the charge since they don't have proof. Mind you that I've used that card all over Chicago so it's not like I can say, oh my card got stolen and was used thousands of miles away. :snoop:
What you got going on this weekend breh?

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
What you got going on this weekend breh?

Plenty going on:

Eat breakfast now
Go out and do some souvenir shopping
Maybe hit up a museum
Hit up this Gangster walk tour at 7
Grab my bags by 11pm
Chill at the airport until 5 in the morning
Be stepping out onto the terminal at Fort Lauderdale international airport around 9 in the morning
Go home and get some sleep from the jetlag
Wake up by 2 so I can take my time and get to work at 4
Leave around 12:15 and rush to my boys house to watch the fight.
Go home and sleep.
Wake up on Sunday
Go to work
Come home late night and watch game of thrones and ballers.

Plans would be different if I had won the lotto but I was too distracted and forgot to buy a ticket out here. :francis:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Plenty going on:

Eat breakfast now
Go out and do some souvenir shopping
Maybe hit up a museum
Hit up this Gangster walk tour at 7
Grab my bags by 11pm
Chill at the airport until 5 in the morning
Be stepping out onto the terminal at Fort Lauderdale international airport around 9 in the morning
Go home and get some sleep from the jetlag
Wake up by 2 so I can take my time and get to work at 4
Leave around 12:15 and rush to my boys house to watch the fight.
Go home and sleep.
Wake up on Sunday
Go to work
Come home late night and watch game of thrones and ballers.

Plans would be different if I had won the lotto but I was too distracted and forgot to buy a ticket out here. :francis:
I aint holla'd at one of my homegirls in a minute but Im not trying to be hanging around her in the evening. Got other plans. Might slide through the museum and phony kick it with her earlier in the day. What museum?