The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Man I'm glad y'all got a thread. Ima have to watch it. I'm hoping to go to Chicago in August. Most surely the 16th thru 22nd. JetBlue got specials going on to fly out there so me and my boy and his girl gonna check it out. I'm looking to see if I get an apartment rental thru my home girls job but no luck so far. Any decent hotels in the area that won't cost an arm and a leg? We want to check out Wrigley since we baseball fans and we'll likely hit up the usual spots like the Willis tower, that glass bean thing, that big Ferris wheel, and anything else that tourists do. What about the good pizza spots? Any recommendations? Any of you know any places that show wrestling out there? We going during summerslam and would like to check a place out. I heard there was a wrestling restaurant but that shut down. What about events? Anything going on during that time, like the taste of Chicago or anything else? I heard about some city pass thing to get access to certain attractions too. I'm surprised we don't have that here. What's the transportation like? Don't y'all got a subway over there, right? I'm guessing everything is centrally located within the same area except for the stadiums and airport? Hopefully I get more info as I plan the trip and thanks in advance to anyone that helps out or I read info from.

Here's the deal we looking at if anyone wants to check out my city. :mjgrin:

JetBlue Roundtrip Flight: Chicago to/from Fort Lauderdale $134 (Travel Aug-Dec)

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This Friday:

I went last time and was in line for like an hour. shyt was lit inside though :salute:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Man I'm glad y'all got a thread. Ima have to watch it. I'm hoping to go to Chicago in August. Most surely the 16th thru 22nd. JetBlue got specials going on to fly out there so me and my boy and his girl gonna check it out. I'm looking to see if I get an apartment rental thru my home girls job but no luck so far. Any decent hotels in the area that won't cost an arm and a leg? We want to check out Wrigley since we baseball fans and we'll likely hit up the usual spots like the Willis tower, that glass bean thing, that big Ferris wheel, and anything else that tourists do. What about the good pizza spots?
Chicago Architecture Boat tour is popping with tourists.

AirBnB might have some reasonable options for you. It is usually cheaper than an actual hotel.

Lou Malnati's and Giordano's are the most popular pizza spots. They are located multiple places in the city. You can check out reviews on Yelp. Some other favorites among locals are Home Run Inn and Italian Fiesta.

Any recommendations? Any of you know any places that show wrestling out there? We going during summerslam and would like to check a place out. I heard there was a wrestling restaurant but that shut down.
Not into wrestling myself, people on the r/Chicago subreddit can probably point you in the right direction for that one.

What about events? Anything going on during that time, like the taste of Chicago or anything else?
Taste of Chicago is next week. In terms of concerts, Bruno Mars is at United Center and Coldplay is at Soldier Field
Here are some Street Festivals: https://www.cityofchicago.org/city/en/depts/dca/supp_info/neighborhood_festivals2.html

I heard about some city pass thing to get access to certain attractions too. I'm surprised we don't have that here. What's the transportation like? Don't y'all got a subway over there, right? I'm guessing everything is centrally located within the same area except for the stadiums and airport? Hopefully I get more info as I plan the trip and thanks in advance to anyone that helps out or I read info from.
Train and buses will get you where you need to go and most run until at least 1am but the popular areas have 24/7 service. UberPool is good if you are lit or going to a neighborhood that isn't easy to access.

Daps
Is it expensive?

The neat thing about Chicago is that it has 34 Michelin stars and a highly rated fine dining scene, but is mostly known for its cheap, local food.

Chicago cuisine is generally cheap and easy. No one thinks of Alinea or Grace when they think of Chicago's food scene. They think of deep dish, hot dogs, beef, sausage, etc.

We have the best of both worlds.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you have never left Chicago for an extended period of time, you will not appreciate the food as much if you had left. Chicago is hands down the best food city in the world. I will defend that to my grave.
Lived in Miami for 3 years.

When I was down there, people would ask what I missed most about Chicago. My answer was always the food.

Ready2Run

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What are some good sites to find an apartment in the naperville/westmont area I'm going to be moving there at the end of the month from toronto at the end of the month not having any luck so far

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps

Breh...100 fukking people. 100 fukkING HUMAN BEINGS...I mean this is war time level shyt. It took a couple months to get to 100 casualties in the Iraqi War fam...I know its not all deaths...but 100 people were almost dead or dead over 5 days.

What the fukk do we need to do to protect and calm down our seeds man...too many young future kings out here dying/killing for NOTHING.