The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
:ohhh:lot more black folk in Pilsen/South Loop than I thought :blessed:

:blessed:Walked past this gallery, saw some brehs and sis in there deep, they had a showing of the 13th, chit chatted, a lot of 'em were local activists (like forreal grass roots) and artists, exchanged info got a earful.

Mind ya'll I walked in that mug buzzed and it was close to 10:30 .

:blessed:ain't no city like it.
You just came back right? What area are u in?

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
fukk that. Just go on your porch.
Damn I forgot to tell you, KIA sent me promotion to lease for the low....So I went ahead and did it.

230 a month

uwvYVs5.jpg

Now that saves me the trouble of winterizing my Suzuki which would have been around 350

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
How yall feel about gentrification in Chicago?

At the moment they are just testing the waters with the poor communities, hasn't really hit middle class yet.

My bet is they waiting for the older black owners to die off then gonna get aggressive with it. I've actually caught some idiots from the bank stalking my grandma's house every so often to see if she ain't dead yet, ole vulture ass nikkas.

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
How yall feel about gentrification in Chicago?
We collectively allowed it to happen by having zero codes of conduct nor systems of punishments & rewards. :manny: fukk how we FEEL. :ld:

• I just dont play that 'huck-a-buck,' woe-is-me, hat-in-hand sambo crying shyt. We made our beds (with these fatherless/unguided youths) and now the oven is going to get extremly HOT!!!!! :whew:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
We collectively allowed it to happen by having zero codes of conduct nor systems of punishments & rewards. :manny: fukk how we FEEL. :ld:

• I just dont play that 'huck-a-buck,' woe-is-me, hat-in-hand sambo crying shyt. We made our beds (with these fatherless/unguided youths) and now the oven is going to get extremly HOT!!!!! :whew:

I don't think that gentrification on the south side would be bad simply because there is so much vacant land and abandoned housing, that existing people would not have to be displaced. this is NOT how it is on the north side and near west sides.