The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
I did not know she was in the area. I'll keep an eye out when I'm outside running.

as for hyde park, why are the HOA fees so high in those condos out there?? I mean what could you possibly get for $1000+ per month????? that doorman better be doing a lot more than holding the door.
They charge it because they can. The University of Chicago, the direct access to the METRA train and CTA train so you can get downtown, direct access to Lake Shore drive so you can drive downtown, direct access to the beach and two big parks, top of the line condo security systems, 24hr doormen, pool/bomb workout facility, robust nationality neighborhood diversity, charter school, and dining options, coupled with high rises and brownstones, makes for steep HOA fees.
I like my neighborhood though. Just enough of everybody is represented so nobody feels too big for their britches, if you catch my drift :mjpls:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
man, I JUST came back from chipotle on 95th street off western. now I know better (this is now the closest location to me), but these fukking a$$holes over there. EVERYTIME I order something online, that shyt is NEVER ready when I get there. that joint was suprisingly not crowded today. and my shyt still wasn't ready. it's goddamn ridiculous. I'll NEVER go there again. I'd rather drive to 53rd street location. at least they always have my shyt ready no matter how crowded they are. whats the point of the online order if I still gotta wait in line for my food?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
They charge it because they can. The University of Chicago, the direct access to the METRA train and CTA train so you can get downtown, direct access to Lake Shore drive so you can drive downtown, direct access to the beach and two big parks, top of the line condo security systems, 24hr doormen, pool/bomb workout facility, robust nationality neighborhood diversity, charter school, and dining options, coupled with high rises and brownstones, makes for steep HOA fees.
I like my neighborhood though. Just enough of everybody is represented so nobody feels too big for their britches, if you catch my drift :mjpls:

man, I love that area as well, but I would NEVER live in a condo again. and getting a SFH with a 2 car garage out there is ridiculously expensive. that $1000 a month for HOA is like throwing cash out the window.

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
6 found dead here, called homicide by police, 57/California:snoop:

5 adults, 1 child found slain in Gage Park home

Six people, including a child, were found slain Thursday afternoon in a home on the Southwest Side, authorities said.

A police officer was called to a brick bungalow in the 5700 block of South California in the Gage Park neighborhood for a well-being check just after 1 p.m.. When she entered the home, she found one person who had been stabbed to death, then discovered the other bodies, a police source said.

The victims were four men, one woman and one child, a police source said.

CaZkOHyUEAArUV1.jpg

CaZkOJjUYAANu58.jpg

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
man, I love that area as well, but I would NEVER live in a condo again. and getting a SFH with a 2 car garage out there is ridiculously expensive. that $1000 a month for HOA is like throwing cash out the window.
Wife pays it .:blessed: