The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
That would be cool. Are there mad homeless, junkies, and shyt in the area? That's why I said something about the Eisenhower expressway, every article refers to it as the heroin highway(guess they're just sensationalizing)
Also I saw there are mad Hispanics there, I assume I'll need to pick up on my Spanish game.

what's with the obsession with the eisenhower????

mckinley park is right by the stevenson (I55) btw. it takes you straight downtown and to lake shore drive btw.

if you live in pilsen or mckinley park, I'd work on my spanish.

toomanydoses

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in Florida
I've never been there bro, google it and see what comes up..... That's all not an obsession. I saw that Chicago had a lot of Hispanics so I figured it wouldn't hurt anywhere. Like I said I'm moving for a job, since I've never been there I just wanna make sure the area I choose is good on the whole and I don't just go apartment hunting on a good day and end up in an area that isn't the best.
I know in NYC Ricans and Dominicans can be very skittish of outsiders, are Chicago neighborhoods like that.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
That would be cool. Are there mad homeless, junkies, and shyt in the area? That's why I said something about the Eisenhower expressway, every article refers to it as the heroin highway(guess they're just sensationalizing)
Also I saw there are mad Hispanics there, I assume I'll need to pick up on my Spanish game.
No homeless around there (35th/Archer) or my new place (University Village). Hell when I was staying on the Mag Mile, there were homeless mofos everywhere lol. Its a small majority of hispanics but no paisas though so not speaking Spanish is fine. I work on 79th so when I go to her house, I take the Dan/Ryan to the Stevenson but if its backed up, I can hop off at Sox/35th and take that all the way down. If that looks slow, I can take Lakeshore, merge towards Chinatown and take Archer down. Theres alot of ways to get around there driving and beating traffic if you do get a car.

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
I plan on getting one, need to learn the city first. And I'm from Florida :mjcry: @ my car bring snowed in.

suburban areas like Oak Park and Forest Park aren't bad options either. Forest Park got their own little nightlife there and Oak Park has a share of minorities doing very well academically there. Maywood has more affordable housing than Oak Park and Forest Park but it can get kinda :demonic:

There is River Forest but u need to be rich to live comfortably there

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
so we got the library.....and on the south side too :obama:
University Of Chicago Will Get Obama Presidential Library

President Obama will choose the University of Chicago as the site for his presidential library, according to several reports and sources close to the Obama family.

The proposal from the University of Chicago in Chicago’s South Side Hyde Park neighborhood, which is near where the Obamas have a home, their daughters attended grammar school and Michelle Obama worked as a vice president of the university’s medical center, is the apparent winner, reports and these sources say. The New York Times and NBC News were among the organizations to first report the story.

Reached Thursday night by Forbes, University of Chicago executives said they had no comment.

Though the President grew up in Hawaii and attended Columbia University in New York, Chicago has been where the Obamas have called home and had lived in the Kenwood neighborhood just south of University of Chicago when the President was a state senator and a U.S. Senator. Several Obama friends in Chicago including Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, made a big push for the library and it briefly became a campaign issue in Emanuel’s re-election bid.

Meanwhile, politicians and community leaders in Hawaii and New York also wanted the library.

But Michelle Obama’s close friend Susan Sher, a long-time University of Chicago general counsel and senior executive, was leading the push for the University of Chicago to land the library. Sher was First Lady Michelle Obama’s chief of staff at the beginning of the President’s first term. Sher is also close to White House senior advisor Valerie Jarrett who also has ties to the University of Chicago, having been a past member of the University of Chicago board of trustees.

The exact location remains uncertain. Both Washington Park, which is closer to the University of Chicago’s main campus, and Jackson Park, which is further south, were under consideration.
:whew:

I hope they choose washington park over jackson park tho. but I think they'll pick jackson park.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I thought Hyde park was a really nice area? Hoa fees are standard up there?

you don't pay HOA fees unless you are living in a condo or townhouse community. no HOA's for a regular apartment.

hyde park is dope. but its crowded, and they don't have access to a good grocery store (other than treasure island which will rape your pockets worse than whole foods).

hyde park has access to all public transportation, so you will easily be able to get around, and it's really diverse.

If you don't have a car, it can be affordable tho since u don't have to worry about that. if you have a car, I wouldn't live there unless I had a crib with a garage, and that will cost u a pretty penny.

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
I was doing 35 in a school zone:snoop:

Are those speeding cameras efficient? I didn't see a flash and I slowed down after crossing Archer.

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
I was doing 35 in a school zone:snoop:

Are those speeding cameras efficient? I didn't see a flash and I slowed down after crossing Archer.

I was flashed doing 95mph through the park by University of Chicago a while back. :pachaha:

The speed camera flashed and I got a letter in the mail two weeks later pretty much saying

:ufdup: "We watching you in these streets Gene, slow down pleighboi"

No ticket though.:win:

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
I was flashed doing 95mph through the park by University of Chicago a while back. :pachaha:

The speed camera flashed and I got a letter in the mail two weeks later pretty much saying

I was in front of Curie High School going north. I was speeding up trying to catch that green light. I made it but it was 1:00pm:mjcry:

Then again I might be ok

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

dawg, how in the hell were u able to go that fast on a regular street? that's dangerous as hell.

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
I got fam the took a trip to Los Angels and are freezing there asses off while its 85 back up here :pachaha: