The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

toomanydoses

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in Florida
I don't need to be near it just by looking at CTA maps it looked like the easiest route to get to where I'll wanna go. That's the only reason I brought that up.
I'm moved back to Florida from north Philly not trying to live in that kinda hood again. As long as its just trickin, dope, and random property shyt IDC tbh. Kinda unavoidable in a big city with my budget.
I want to live in the city instead of the burbs. I like living in urban environments more. I just wanted to lease a place get to know the city then actually choose where I'll like.
I'll look into Pilsen, see what the rents are.
:salute: to you guys for taking the time to talk to a Chicago newbie.

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
I don't need to be near it just by looking at CTA maps it looked like the easiest route to get to where I'll wanna go. That's the only reason I brought that up.
I'm moved back to Florida from north Philly not trying to live in that kinda hood again. As long as its just trickin, dope, and random property shyt IDC tbh. Kinda unavoidable in a big city with my budget.
I want to live in the city instead of the burbs. I like living in urban environments more. I just wanted to lease a place get to know the city then actually choose where I'll like.
I'll look into Pilsen, see what the rents are.
:salute: to you guys for taking the time to talk to a Chicago newbie.

If u still wanna move to Garfield then here is a preview

That's the Green line right there BTW

toomanydoses

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in Florida
ROFL. Was just asking, location wise Pilsen looks good and its cheap. That's not what I heard about the express way lol.... They got those cameras there and mail you the tickets right?

wild100sboy

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
Southside, Chicago
a cheaper alternative, if you wanna live near downtown is pilsen. that area is predominantly mexican, but it's regentrifying as well. you would be by the pink line, which also takes you downtown. from what I have seen of the housing cost, I assume rentals in that area would be more reasonable.
I definitely considered Pilsen when i was looking around. It was just a little too far away from the downtown, and northside areas for me. Nice places for decent prices though.

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
ROFL. Was just asking, location wise Pilsen looks good and its cheap. That's not what I heard about the express way lol.... They got those cameras there and mail you the tickets right?

Well yeah but nikkaz shouldnt be speeding like that anyway. I wasn't thinking speeding today because 290 was so packed this morning :scust:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

no speeding cameras on the expressways. those cameras are mostly around parks/schools and red light cameras are at certain intersections.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
@beaniemac @toomanydoses Humboldt isnt really like that anymore breh. More hipsters from the aurrounding areas living there now than anything else. And if he moves to the northeast or southeast area of Humboldt, he'd still be close to the Blue Line or atleast the North Ave or Division bus. Honestly, he should move somewhere right off Chicago, no farther west than California, no farther north than Division or south of Grand. Thats the area thats still around everything locally, a 24hr bus that shoots straight downtown and hits the brown, blue and red line.

If you looking for somewhere more south, Pilsen or University Village are really nice, pretty quiet and not that expensive. The pink line is right there and the western bus and buses on roosevelt are 24hrs. Those two areas are really good locations geographically and neighborhood wise that people don't really know about. I think I mentioned that I was staying right off Michigan and Lake next to the Trump and moved my ass to University Village. Its cool over here.

Edit:
Anywhere near the orange line as far as Western. Haldsted and 35th/Archer especially. I can't vouch for any other areas as I havent really been in the neighborhoods past Western except for the Pulaski stop and I was into it with some SDs over there off Kostner a few years back lol. If it wasnt for that, its nice homes over there though. I was hanging out by Komensky.

Last edited:

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
ticket for what? I ran a stop sign back in feb, and went to court in march. they put me on court supervision for 4 months, so I'm not off til july. but that ticket cost me $194.

The said "failure to yield to stationary authorized vehicles"

There were other cars on my lane that weren't yielding but ok

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
@beaniemac @toomanydoses Humboldt isnt really like that anymore breh. More hipsters from the aurrounding areas living there now than anything else. And if he moves to the northeast or southeast area of Humboldt, he'd still be close to the Blue Line or atleast the North Ave or Division bus. Honestly, he should move somewhere right off Chicago, no farther west than California, no farther north than Division or south of Grand. Thats the area thats still around everything locally, a 24hr bus that shoots straight downtown and hits the brown, blue and red line.

If you looking for somewhere more south, Pilsen or University Village are really nice, pretty quiet and not that expensive. The pink line is right there and the western bus and buses on roosevelt are 24hrs. Those two areas are really good locations geographically and neighborhood wise that people don't really know about. I think I mentioned that I was staying right off Michigan and Lake next to the Trump and moved my ass to University Village. Its cool over here.

Edit:
Anywhere near the orange line as far as Western. Haldsted and 35th/Archer especially. I can't vouch for any other areas as I havent really been in the neighborhoods past Western except for the Pulaski stop and I was into it with some SDs over there off Kostner a few years back lol. If it wasnt for that, its nice homes over there though. I was hanging out by Komensky.

man, humboldt park extends as far west as pulaski. I don't see hipsters that far west. and that is what I was referring to as far as the western part of humboldt park.

yeah, by the orange line is cool as well. but if you're by ashland, that's kinda putting you in bridgeport, and while it's relatively safe, I wouldn't wanna live there as a single dude. and if you're black, I wouldn't really wanna be over there either. 35th and archer is more mexicans for the most part. I consider that mckinley park. I wouldn't wanna live west of western going south personally since it's inconvenient as far as getting to the other parts of the city.

If he can get somewhere close to either the green line or red line, that's gonna give him access to all three sides of the city relatively easy tho.

you were living by the trump? you were paying an arm and a leg. university village is much cheaper in comparision and just as convenient IMO.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
man, humboldt park extends as far west as pulaski. I don't see hipsters that far west. and that is what I was referring to as far as the western part of humboldt park.

yeah, by the orange line is cool as well. but if you're by ashland, that's kinda putting you in bridgeport, and while it's relatively safe, I wouldn't wanna live there as a single dude. and if you're black, I wouldn't really wanna be over there either. 35th and archer is more mexicans for the most part. I consider that mckinley park. I wouldn't wanna live west of western going south personally since it's inconvenient as far as getting to the other parts of the city.

If he can get somewhere close to either the green line or red line, that's gonna give him access to all three sides of the city relatively easy tho.

you were living by the trump? you were paying an arm and a leg. university village is much cheaper in comparision and just as convenient IMO.
Yeah I wasnt speaking on the western area since it wasnt by CTA. 35th/Archer is definetely cool though. My girl lives right there and its actually alot more Asians over here than people realize being so close to Chinatown/Archer. The good thing is as long as you stay east of Western the neighborhoods are nice quiet single family homes which surprised me. Little kids playing outside (the healthy way). Some quinceanera on the weekend neighbors are inviting you to. The 2 parks are right around the corner and its decent. Baseball, soccer and basketball court etc at the small park on 34th. Mckinley Park is obviously right there too. I highly recommend the area. Pilsen right down the street, Little Italy a little further and Chinatown 5min up Archer.

@toomanydoses If you want I can take some video of that neighborhood on my way home and show you what it typically looks like. My neighborhood too if need be.:obama:

Last edited:

toomanydoses

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in Florida
That would be cool. Are there mad homeless, junkies, and shyt in the area? That's why I said something about the Eisenhower expressway, every article refers to it as the heroin highway(guess they're just sensationalizing)
Also I saw there are mad Hispanics there, I assume I'll need to pick up on my Spanish game.