The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Divy bikes now available in Englewood :clap:

http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20150428/englewood/divvy-bikes-now-englewood

They're putting them on 69th and halsted, which is a good look since that's right down the street from where Kennedy King College is and where they are building a whole foods.

They're also on 55th and halsted :thumbsup:

Says also they're gonna put them on 63rd and Wentworth (by the Red Line)

And 69th and Perry (by the Red Line also)

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
Divy bikes now available in Englewood :clap:

http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20150428/englewood/divvy-bikes-now-englewood

They're putting them on 69th and halsted, which is a good look since that's right down the street from where Kennedy King College is and where they are building a whole foods.

They're also on 55th and halsted :thumbsup:

Says also they're gonna put them on 63rd and Wentworth (by the Red Line)

And 69th and Perry (by the Red Line also)

I've never used those in my life. I haven't rode a bike since 2004 and might never ride one ever again.

I should've been on one on the day I got jump by some four corner hustlers:sadbron:

toomanydoses

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in Florida
I asked this earlier. I'm moving g to Chicago for a job in like 2 weeks from Florida. What are OK areas that I could spend less than a stack a month in rent. IDC about normal street crime shyt, just don't wanna move into a war zone.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I've never used those in my life. I haven't rode a bike since 2004 and might never ride one ever again.

I should've been on one on the day I got jump by some four corner hustlers:sadbron:

I have my own bike, so I don't use divy. but I haven't rode my bike on the south side in a few years now.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I asked this earlier. I'm moving g to Chicago for a job in like 2 weeks from Florida. What are OK areas that I could spend less than a stack a month in rent. IDC about normal street crime shyt, just don't wanna move into a war zone.

rent in chicago is skyrocketing. and you can blame all the new yuppies for this that are all moving close to downtown. Here's an article that talks about it:

http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20150401/downtown/median-rent-price-for-1br-chicago-1760-report-says
CHICAGO — The median monthly rental cost for a one bedroom apartment in Chicago in March was $1,760, according to a new report.

Of the 29 neighborhoods examined, the Near North Side was the most expensive, at $2,140 for a one-bedroom unit, according to the rental web site zumper.com. The least expensive was Grand Crossing, at $680 per month.

The city wide median rent for a two-bedroom was $2,370, the zumper.com report said. Compared to February, one-bedroom rents were up 5.4 percent. Quarter to quarter, rents were down 1.1 percent.

Nationally, Chicago was ranked seventh in the nation among big cities. Number one was San Francisco, with a median one-bedroom rent of $3,400 and $4,580 for a two-bedroom unit, zumper said. New York was number two, at $3,000 and $3,580.

The figures are based on rents of units offered on its website. The median rental price means that half of the units cost more and half cost less.

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town

The north side in general isn't bad. U get to be around all those bars/clubs with those "I wanna party" ass white girl in the areas east of Cicero. The western part of the Northside is pretty boring. Very family oriented but I'm sure u gotta car. U might be near John Wayne Gacy old house location too if u decided to move there :demonic:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
The north side in general isn't bad. U get to be around all those bars/clubs with those "I wanna party" ass white girl in the areas east of Cicero. The western part of the Northside is pretty boring. Very family oriented but I'm sure u gotta car. U might be near John Wayne Gacy old house location too if u decided to move there :demonic:

If he has a car, I wouldn't wanna be up north. there's no parking. I'd rather live in bronzeville/grand boulevard, oakland, or kenwood. parking is much more abundant, and you're equally close to downtown as being up north with public transportation access as well.

hyde park is cool, but you're gonna run into issue with no parking or lack of parking most likely.

toomanydoses

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in Florida
I'm not moving with a car, and that vibe doesn't mesh well with me. And I've read that shyts horrendous during Cubs season. I'd like to live near a park also. If I have close access to the blue line would I be able to get around the city easily?
And I would have the chills if I had to pass that mans house. I live near Danny Rollings house now, gives me the creeps.
Are Humboldt and Garfield park hood?

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
I'm not moving with a car, and that vibe doesn't mesh well with me. And I've read that shyts horrendous during Cubs season. I'd like to live near a park also. If I have close access to the blue line would I be able to get around the city easily?
And I would have the chills if I had to pass that mans house. I live near Danny Rollings house now, gives me the creeps.
Are Humboldt and Garfield park hood? The homes in the

Garfield is ghetto but u just gotta use common sense. The buses stop running at midnight so I wouldn't make a habit of walking home from the Green line or blue line if the walk to your spot is beyond a mile past midnight.

Humboldt got rough and nice parts.

Last edited:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Are Humboldt and Garfield park hood?

garfield park is on the west side, just west of the united center. still kinda hood. it won't cost a lot to live there. You wouldn't be near the blue line, but likely closer to the green line. I wouldn't really recommend that for u.

why do you need to be near the blue line? any train line will get you around the city fast if you are close to one. and if you work downtown, the green line takes you downtown just as well as the blue.

humboldt park is predominantly ricans. It's kinda hood, or kinda going thru regentrification depending on which part you live since it borders wicker park to the east, which is a very :bryan: hipster type area.

humboldt park won't put you near the blue line at all tho, but you can easily get around that area cuz there are buses everywhere