The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like Chicago. Its one of the most affordable big cities in this country.
As long as you dont live in the hood youre good.
I really dont see any of the crazy shyt that they show on the news...and I live by two public highschools. Probably seen one fight in the last 3 years.

What I was talking about before was being in certain areas of the south side. When I was teenager I would walk/drive in every neighborhood w/ no cares in the world because I was so used to all that shyt...but once I got away from all the nonsense I saw how stupid it all was.
Yea but you can do all that in Canada breh. Plus way less of that race BS I know you don't like.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps

Bragging? :what: I''m just saying the murder rate is slightly (wording adjusted for your emotional :wrist: :rolleyes: ass) lower than the prevalent themes and AREA (yes TANGIBLE fukkING AREAS :skip:) that we see in NON-NS locations. That's basically it. :yeshrug:. You can PROJECT any EMOTION INTO it, as much as your heart can sustain. :skip:

AND CARL THOMAS IS FROM WHERE??? :whew:

First off, Its ironic that you are calling me emotional when all my responses have been short while you just posted this diatribe filled with dozens of smilies and youtube links. Second, my statement was in response to your post about certain neighborhoods accepting low income tenants. You don't even realize that section is the dump of the northside. Not to mention plenty of sec 8/subsidized housing options(wilson yards ring a bell) in that area. I don't even know why you are going off about murder rates. But continue to think that area is untouchable and the crowning jewel

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Yea but you can do all that in Canada breh. Plus way less of that race BS I know you don't like.
:pachaha:
Ive been to Toronto...cool place.
But I dont deal w/ the race stuff people talk about on here...thats why im always on my :skip:
I know how to deal w/ people.

I was on my bike not too long ago...My pedal came off and my dumb ass fell dead in the middle of the street. 3 Separate cars of white folks pulled over and asked if I was good...and this young white chick that just left yoga class :ohlawd: got out of her car, crossed the street and demanded that I get in w/ her so she can take me to where I needed to go.

Not saying everyone is like that...but if you dont handle yourself like Chief Keef your good (at least thats my experience).

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But I dont deal w/ the race stuff people talk about on here...thats why im always on my :skip:

I was on my bike not too long ago...My pedal came off and my dumb ass fell dead in the middle of the street. 3 Separate cars of white folks pulled over and asked if I was good...and this young white chick that just left yoga class :ohlawd: got out of her car, crossed the street and demanded that I get in w/ her so she can take me to where I needed to go.

Not saying everyone is like that...but if you dont handle yourself like Chief Keef your good (at least thats my experience).
That's good shyt breh. Nice to hear a positive story out here. I wish I didn't let the coli get get to me. I'm like what what is Geoffery Chaucer or Disciple of the Projects going to say when I go to talk to a white girl.

But :skip: wear your helmet sir

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse

Them Chiraq instincts aint kick in breh?
images

Or u aint :steviej:? :mjpls:

Be careful! :damn:

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
Any of you cats get a gun license?

Think im gonna go ahead and do that this summer.
Whats a good resource to look up the best types of guns? What do you have?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

:leon:

how did she look?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Any of you cats get a gun license?

Think im gonna go ahead and do that this summer.
Whats a good resource to look up the best types of guns? What do you have?

man I'm getting one. I got a FOID and chicago firearms permit which cost a grip. but to get concealed carry, u gotta take 16 hours of class which is gonna cost around $200+, then you have to get fingerprinted which cost another $50, and then you gotta apply for the concealed carry permit thru the state police which cost another $150. the permit is so damn expensive they are trying to make it cost prohibitive to get. but I'm definitely getting it done in the next couple months. just 2 days of class is fukking bullshyt. I think I only have to take 12 hours of class, cuz the class I took to get the chicago firearms permit will give me 4 hours of credit at least :snoop:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Too many potholes:why:

a few years ago, I busted one of my rims in a pothole. I ended up getting it welded together by mexicans for $60 instead of paying $350 for a new one. then, I got another rim from craigslist that wasn't cracked, so I still have the one the mexicans fixed in my garage with a full sized tire on it that I am gonna use for a spare next time I break a rim or blow out a tire.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
:leon:

how did she look?
not bad at all

man I'm getting one. I got a FOID and chicago firearms permit which cost a grip. but to get concealed carry, u gotta take 16 hours of class which is gonna cost around $200+, then you have to get fingerprinted which cost another $50, and then you gotta apply for the concealed carry permit thru the state police which cost another $150. the permit is so damn expensive they are trying to make it cost prohibitive to get. but I'm definitely getting it done in the next couple months. just 2 days of class is fukking bullshyt. I think I only have to take 12 hours of class, cuz the class I took to get the chicago firearms permit will give me 4 hours of credit at least :snoop:
yea I just finished watching this video on the process...seems like its going to cost about $1,000 when its all said and done.
But that 16hrs of class is going to be a bytch :bryan: I was never able to stay awake in school.

Edit: This is the video that shows the training
http://chicagotonight.wttw.com/2014/01/07/training-concealed-carry

Last edited:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
not bad at all

yea I just finished watching this video on the process...seems like its going to cost about $1,000 when its all said and done.
But that 16hrs of class is going to be a bytch :bryan: I was never able to stay awake in school.

Edit: This is the video that shows the training
http://chicagotonight.wttw.com/2014/01/07/training-concealed-carry

http://chicagotonight.wttw.com/2013/12/30/concealed-carry-application-process

thats rahm and quinn and them trying to make it expensive as hell to weed a lot of people out from carrying. also they wanna get all that revenue as well. they think they can tax their way outta bankruptcy.

the gun safety class I took was like 6 hours. but it wasn't boring, and you get to shoot on the range at the end, so thats a bonus. I think 16 hours is excessive. basically, I have to give up an entire weekend to get this fukking permit :pacspit:

ya'll seen all these speeding cameras in the various parks? they got them in a lot of places where u can't see them til its too late. some bullshyt. now I gotta drive 25mph in certain places :camby: