The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
look at this shyt :snoop:

http://www.suntimes.com/24525666-76...acker-he-took-our-angel-from-us-mom-says.html

South Side boy, 11, killed by carjacker; ‘He took our angel from us,’ mom says
BY BECKY SCHLIKERMAN AND SAM CHARLES Staff Reporters December 21, 2013 4:52PM

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Maps
StaticMapService.GetMapImage

Updated: December 21, 2013 9:26PM

An 11-year-old South Side boy, on his way to get a Christmas haircut with his father and older brother, was killed Saturday when a carjacked vehicle being chased by the police crashed into them in Englewood.

“He took our angel from us,” Annette Turnage, 51, said of the carjacker, who got away.

Donovan Anthony Turnage was a fifth-grader at Morrill Math & Science School.

His mother said he loved football and video games, had a pet bird and a pet turtle and loved being with his family.

Losing him just days before Christmas “is very painful,” she said. “He was looking forward to opening his presents on Christmas.”

Donovan’s older brother, 20, also was in his family’s Chevrolet Suburban, and so was their father. They were on their way to get haircuts, Turnage said amid family and friends gathered Saturday night at her home in Chicago Lawn.

Around 12:30 p.m. Saturday, officers on patrol saw an armed carjacking in the 5000 block of South Princeton Avenue and drove off after the stolen vehicle, until it crashed into the Turnages’ Suburban near Garfield Boulevard and Halsted Street, according to the police.

Turnage said her husband told her he had a green light at Halsted when they were hit.

“This other car came out of nowhere,” she said, hitting the rear of their vehicle and spinning it around. “They ended up on the sidewalk.”

Donovan had been in the back seat, she said, but “the impact was so hard it threw him out the back passenger window.”

Donovan was pronounced dead at the University of Chicago’s Comer Children’s Hospital at 1:35 p.m., according to the Cook County medical examiner’s office.

Police spokesman Adam Collins said the police chase will be reviewed, as every pursuit is, by the department’s Traffic Review Board.

“Until that review takes place, there’s not much more we can say,” Collins said.

After crashing into the Suburban, the armed carjacker stole another vehicle and got away, according to the police. NBC5 reported the carjacker pointed a gun at the driver of a truck and took his vehicle.

“He showed a gun, and he told me verbally that he had a gun, and he jumped in my truck,” the driver of the second vehicle told the station.

Regarding the decision whether to further puruse the carjacker, Collins said: “We make vehicle pursuits on threats to the community. This was obviously an exceptional situation.”

this fukking scumbag got a way. shyt likes INFURIATES me!! :pacspit:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
man, I been procastinating all this time and fukk around and had to go downtown to hit macy's to get that final xmas gift for the wife.

why is it like 3 degrees outside plus windy as hell????? :why:

the walk from the train to my car, which was only 1/2 block, the wind was blowing in my face and my face was getting numb.

the hakw is no joke tonight BRRR!

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
man, I been procastinating all this time and fukk around and had to go downtown to hit macy's to get that final xmas gift for the wife.

why is it like 3 degrees outside plus windy as hell????? :why:

the walk from the train to my car, which was only 1/2 block, the wind was blowing in my face and my face was getting numb.

the hakw is no joke tonight BRRR!
Just paid to get some chinese delivered because I didn't want to walk outside :sadcam:

That five minute walk from the bus stop :wow:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I went to the gym around 230 and it was cold but not like it is now. it's some real arctic shyt goin on out there right now.
It was about 17 around 3, wasn't that bad.

By the time I got home the shyt was at 3 degrees not taking into account the wind chill.

Wind going through my slacks had me :noah:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
they just caught this piece of shyt :salute:

http://www.suntimes.com/24579943-76...red-at-mcdonalds-drive-thru-in-wisconsin.html

Alleged serial carjacker captured at McDonald’s drive-thru in Wisconsin
BY BECKY SCHLIKERMAN AND JORDAN OWEN Staff Reporter December 24, 2013 12:14PM

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Rockie Douglas | Chicago Police photo

Updated: December 24, 2013 12:26PM

The man who allegedly committed a series of carjackings this weekend in Chicago, leading to the death of an 11-year-old South Side boy, was captured Tuesday while apparently placing an order at a McDonald’s drive-thru in Milwaukee, authorities said.

“He was at the window,” U.S. Marshal Supervisor Douglas Bachert said about Rockie Douglas. Douglas, 34, was with a woman in his car when he was apprehended, Bachert said.

Douglas was the subject of a manhunt by Chicago, state and federal authorities for his crime spree this weekend in Chicago. Police had said he may have been driving a light blue 2007 four-door Honda Accord with Illinois license plate X144777.

Chicago and state police say Douglas began a series of carjackings in Chicago on Friday, when he allegedly stole a green Dodge Caravan at 11:20 a.m. in the 800 block of West Irving Park Road.

Police said they tried to pull him over in that van Saturday, but he fled and crashed into an SUV in Englewood carrying 11-year-old Donovan Turnage, as well as his father and older brother.

Turnage, of the Chicago Lawn neighborhood, was pronounced dead a short time later. Meanwhile, Douglas allegedly stole a second car and got away.

Police said he stole a third vehicle, the 2007 Honda Accord, after the second stolen car broke down in the western suburbs.