The Official Chicago Discussion Thread

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
I'm not from the south side either, but I been living out here for like the past 10 years. I'm not saying that area is bad. But it's not my preference. I gotta take schools into account too cuz I'm tired of payin for private school as is.

Sent from my iPhone 7S using Tapatalk

My daughter is still in daycare but I'm definitely paying for private school, I don't care where we end up living. I'm going to look into some charter school as well but they are so new....I'm not sure if they any performance ratings and reveiws online yet.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
My daughter is still in daycare but I'm definitely paying for private school, I don't care where we end up living. I'm going to look into some charter school as well but they are so new....I'm not sure if they any performance ratings and reveiws online yet.

charter schools are a good option, but they are strict as hell. when I was a kid I went to skinner school, which is the elementary school which feeds into whitney young. and I lived in maywood at the time. hell one of my best friends til this day went there with me, and he lived in maywood as well with his momma working @ whitney young. needless to say they are strict as hell now with that shyt. my moms and my father in law are both retired from the chicago public school system. we are having my oldest daughter take a test to get into the good schools this fall, but that wouldn't take effect til 2014/2015 school year anyways if she were to get in, so in the meanwhile, i'm paying for this next year of private school. the plan is to move to an area with good schools and good area as well, where she can be outside and be a kid and I dont have to worry about these idiots on the streets ya dig? I got two kids,so I need to get this shyt tackled with my youngest being 3 and oldest being 10.

the good suburbs end up taxing the shyt outta u in property taxes. I dont wanna live in an average crib paying 10K a year in property taxes. I'd rather move to a good area in the city and have most of my payments go towards the mortgage instead of something I can't recoup.

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
Yeah..you're right. I was looking at Oak Lawn but the property taxes averaged about 6000 a yr or so...Bellwood taxes are really high as well. Crazy.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cubs-Astros: Ho-hum, another typical Chicago Cubs loss - chicagotribune.com

Tourist season officially kicked off at Wrigley Field this weekend with the start of summer.

That meant some fans started the Wave in the bleachers Saturday, while another group of fans watched the entire game from the right field patio section with their backs to the field, ignoring the action on the field.

With the Cubs 16 games out of first place and battling the Brewers to stay out of the National League Central basement, with the lowly Astros in town for a "platinum" priced ticket and with the Blackhawks playing the Bruins at night in Game 5 of the Stanley Cup finals, a general malaise swept over the stands at Wrigley Field on a beautiful afternoon.

:laff: