The Official Charlotte, NC Discussion Thread

Chubbs

History Remembers Kings
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I go to Tapers Barbershop on North Tryon (6324 N Tryon St # 102)
Most of the good spots are in Uptown.
I moved here in 2010. If you're not into clubbing and partying, the only thing to really do down here is eat.
There are a bunch of good food spots in Concord near the mall. Tsunami (Sushi Bar) and Razzoo's (Cajun) are my two personal favorites.
If you're into football, hit up Taco Mac on Sundays; it's lit. If you happen to be a Raven's fan, or from Baltimore in general, hit up SIP Bar & Cellar. If you're a bum ass Steeler's fan, hit up Fitzgerald's.
Welcome to a boring ass city, breh. :yeshrug:

EDIT: Just realized the thread is from 2013, but what I said still applies for anyone else.

Last edited:

Chubbs

History Remembers Kings
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
There's a new cookie joint my homegirl put me onto on North Tryon, if anyone is interested. Shyt is pure fire. :wow:
9211 N Tryon Street, Space 4, Charlotte, NC 28262
Insomnia Cookies

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I moved here in 2010. If you're not into clubbing and partying, the only thing to really do down here is eat.
There are a bunch of good food spots in Concord near the mall. Tsunami (Sushi Bar) and Razzoo's (Cajun) are my two personal favorites.
If you're into football, hit up Taco Mac on Sundays; it's lit. If you happen to be a Raven's fan, or from Baltimore in general, hit up SIP Bar & Cellar. If you're a bum ass Steeler's fan, hit up Fitzgerald's.

EDIT: Just realized the thread is from 2013, but what I said still applies for anyone else.

ummm..... what are your interest and things you or one would look to do that you think is lacking? Cuz maybe you're just not in the know. :patrice:

I'm finding there is a LOT of shyt to do around here weekly....

JoogJoint

In my own league.
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space
You speaking on downtown (uptown) tho. You can find a 1 bedrooms for $800-$850, in many parts of the city.

Public transportation sucks in 95% of the country. If you're not in Chicago, DC, NY, Philly, Boston, SF, you need a car.

Charlotte isn't perfect, but it's a convenient place to live. You are right about the growth, tho. In 10 years this place may be pure garbage.

I'm not speaking on uptown. I'm talking about Charlotte in general. Rent got higher and the ones that are affordable aren't plentiful, they are already takent. Charlotte's the worst on rentals. There's a reason why so many people are renting rooms in their houses there. It's not only another way for people who need extra money, but it's a decent substitute for those who can't find anything under $900 a month there. Most people I know that lived there lived with roommates and family members.

Atlanta has good public transportation. It's much better than Charlotte's. You got a point with NY, which I think that's the only state with decent public transportation.

No, Charlotte's already becoming garbage already. Give it about 2-3 years and people are going to start moving out. It's already becoming what people complain about in Atlanta. It's already going to happen. I'm even questioning whether or not I want to relocate there or not again after what I went through there.

Charlotte's trying too hard.

Don't even get me started on how horrible the job market is there. It's overrated when it comes to being prosperous.

JoogJoint

In my own league.
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space

It kinda is, yeah. I don't see the big deal about it. :ld:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I dont really think its boring..... cats will throw that blanket statement out but then never explain what they think is boring or what they cant do.

first of all I will throw this out, if you have no money ANY city in USA is boring.

secondly, if you are closed minded any city in USA is boring

I would love a discussion about these pros and cons, cuz I'm feeling maybe cats just aint in the know about whats going around in the city. Like I aint even know about that "Arcade spot" in Noda that seems to be download till my boy told me about it. Been up there a few times and meet some cool chicks who's down for the pound.

Been to some cool spots in Matthews and etc

I guess it not boring for me cuz not trynna be egotistical or "prop myself up" but I kinda date a lot in the city. And since I kinda have multiple women I fukk with, its very IMPERATIVE that I NEVER take different chicks to the same spots.

Like brehs I live in University. The closest theaters to me are the one at NLake and the one a CCMills. But when I go out with chicks.... I NEVER take them to those 2, I have I will go to anywhere else in the city besides those. I have a chick Uptown that lives in the VUE. So I never take her away from Uptown or any other chicks there.

I will take one a lot to Matthews spots, I may take another more centralized University, and I may take another way South Tryon on Arsley and so on and so on.

I'm always finding something to do. shyt on weekends and weekdays its just a matter of time, how I feel, and what side of town I wanna do some shyt on. I rarely have "no options and bored"

Its be funny too..... these chicks be thinking I'm creative and fun but I be like in my head "fukk no, just dont wanna overlap no place where I took another chick and my be seen and get caught":russ:

Daps
I dont really think its boring..... cats will throw that blanket statement out but then never explain what they think is boring or what they cant do.

first of all I will throw this out, if you have no money ANY city in USA is boring.

secondly, if you are closed minded any city in USA is boring

I would love a discussion about these pros and cons, cuz I'm feeling maybe cats just aint in the know about whats going around in the city. Like I aint even know about that "Arcade spot" in Noda that seems to be download till my boy told me about it. Been up there a few times and meet some cool chicks who's down for the pound.

Been to some cool spots in Matthews and etc

I guess it not boring for me cuz not trynna be egotistical or "prop myself up" but I kinda date a lot in the city. And since I kinda have multiple women I fukk with, its very IMPERATIVE that I NEVER take different chicks to the same spots.

Like brehs I live in University. The closest theaters to me are the one at NLake and the one a CCMills. But when I go out with chicks.... I NEVER take them to those 2, I have I will go to anywhere else in the city besides those. I have a chick Uptown that lives in the VUE. So I never take her away from Uptown or any other chicks there.

I will take one a lot to Matthews spots, I may take another more centralized University, and I may take another way South Tryon on Arsley and so on and so on.

I'm always finding something to do. shyt on weekends and weekdays its just a matter of time, how I feel, and what side of town I wanna do some shyt on. I rarely have "no options and bored"

Its be funny too..... these chicks be thinking I'm creative and fun but I be like in my head "fukk no, just dont wanna overlap no place where I took another chick and my be seen and get caught":russ:

"Arcade spot?" Are you talking about Abari?