The Official Charlotte, NC Discussion Thread

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
Just read more into this. McCrory is going to destroy the NC economy if he doesn't repeal this shyt.

Obama looking into seeing if we're still eligible for federal aid for highways, grants, etc..if that's taken away. NC is fukked.

MN, MD have banned state travel to NC. Wells Fargo issues a statement condemning the law. If Roy Cooper loses the election in November with all this ammo Pat has given him..

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I had someone who knows people working with them trying to pass my resume along :beli:

This fukkboy governor gotta go, he's made this state a national embarrassment :pacspit:

Dude ain't getting re-elected..he fukking up the money. The "Good Ole Boys" ain't havin that shyt.

Henry Orbit

Wave Gods
Daps
Reppin
The Old North State
Dude ain't getting re-elected..he fukking up the money. The "Good Ole Boys" ain't havin that shyt.
You'd be surprised. He's still getting a lot of support from somewhere. He's not even budging on this and released a video being defensive all like
full

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
You'd be surprised. He's still getting a lot of support from somewhere. He's not even budging on this and released a video being defensive all like
full

NC has always been about the money even with a lot of these zealots occupying high office, they ignore shyt as long as the money is right. I know folks who have straight up bought comfy jobs on the NC Rate Bureau, Governor's Office and within the SBI all as long as the money is long enough. Once the money starts looking funny, you'll be assed out. If he sticks to his guns, god bless him but he'll be :fohjakes: in November.

What did the mayor do?

It wasn't the right time for her and city council to trigger passing that ordinance through. I personally didn't care about it because it's really a low key prerogative that most states will have to accept sooner rather than later but the timing wasn't right. Should've waited until closer to elections and when any economic fallout wouldn't hurt her directly (PayPal)

No Sleep

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Souf Caro
I had someone who knows people working with them trying to pass my resume along :beli:

This fukkboy governor gotta go, he's made this state a national embarrassment :pacspit:

The All-Star game still coming there?

Hell, I maybe be up there for the drag race at the end of the month, I know those folks aren't going to cancel that event lol.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I don't think anyone is going to blame the mayor for this
Exactly, she was not fukking up anybody's money

I think the out of towners like myself have forgot Charlotte is still in the south..... I work halfway between Charlotte and Greensboro.... its... different. These people haven't seen a gay person let alone a trans, it's no wonder this shyt has them freaking out.

Henry Orbit

Wave Gods
Daps
Reppin
The Old North State
The All-Star game still coming there?

Hell, I maybe be up there for the drag race at the end of the month, I know those folks aren't going to cancel that event lol.
As of right now, yes:
The NBA says they are still hopeful Charlotte and North Carolina come to an agreement.

“We appreciate the invitation but are hopeful that the city of Charlotte and the state of North Carolina can work through their differences far in advance of the 2017 All-Star Game,” NBA spokesman Mike Bass said about the proposal.

Read more here: NBA responds to Atlanta’s call to move All-Star Game from Charlotte

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I don't think anyone is going to blame the mayor for this

I do.

Bad timing.

Exactly, she was not fukking up anybody's money

I think the out of towners like myself have forgot Charlotte is still in the south..... I work halfway between Charlotte and Greensboro.... its... different. These people haven't seen a gay person let alone a trans, it's no wonder this shyt has them freaking out.

Charlotte is progressive in growth but it still has the sleepy, southern spirit that I've known since the 80's, 90's and with the enlargement of the city in the '00's. The outrage from the suburbs and Charlotte conservatives was enough to press McCrory and the State legislature to pass a bill within 12 hours of introduction. You don't think Roberts isn't going to feel the heat as well?

McCrory can and more than likely will spin this off onto Roberts for being divisive and the public will accept it even if McCrory has to swallow his own sword.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
I guess I need to see what the Charlotte ordinance says and what the N.C. law says. I'm all for seeing N.C. win and prosper, but on the face of it, grown burly men up in women's locker rooms and bathrooms, cause at that moment they felt like a woman? Whose going to "check" to see if a person is feeling feminine that day or at that minute. Again, I need to read the ordinance and law, but it's going to be exploited. Other folks say, well this has occurred in New York and places for years, with no major issues and that may be true, but there are still levels of decency.

People comparing this to the Civil Rights movement?? :francis:. I can only imagine what the churches are saying right now in NC about this. Again, I hate that the state is loosing money now and potentially in the future....I don't know about this....just let it play out....let the voters decide in November......with those oh so honest voting machines :sas1: