The Official Charlotte, NC Discussion Thread

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.

Mayfield%20small.jpg

:no: Not surprised she said this, she's openly gay.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just moved here today

I'm gonna need a barber :sadcam:

Whats there to do here? Right now I am subleasing a place from a college student at UNCC, am I far away from everything?

Let me know brehs

Lived there for 10 years, UNCC is far from everything (go 49ers)

Go to panthers/hornets games downton. But Charlotte downtown is pretty tame, shyt dies hella early.

Its the Goat city if you like golfing though :mjlol:

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Whole city is linking up fam. The entire city looks MUCH different from what you saw 15 years ago..

They're finishing up rail service from UNCC to link up all the way up to Uptown and then to South Charlotte. Damn near invested over a 500+ million dollars in public transportation alone.

The nightlife has also expanded GREATLY as well..if you visit anytime soon, you won't recognize the city from what you saw a decade ago.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Whole city is linking up fam. The entire city looks MUCH different from what you saw 15 years ago..

They're finishing up rail service from UNCC to link up all the way up to Uptown and then to South Charlotte. Damn near invested over a 500+ million dollars in public transportation alone.

The nightlife has also expanded GREATLY as well..if you visit anytime soon, you won't recognize the city from what you saw a decade ago.

:ohhh:

Coming out there for 1 week this summer... maybe its time for me to be reintroduced to where I grew up.

I remember Carolina Place Mall and surrounding areas being under construction for almost a decade :wow:.
I remember Ballantyne and Piper Glen (where I lived) being filled with pro athletes
I remember Bi-Lo, Food Lion, and Harris Teeter
I remember Erickson Stadium
I remember going to Hornets game before we lost the Hornets

I miss the queen city brehs :mjcry:

BeeCityRoller

New Bee
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queen City
which staffing agency hires for novant, chs or for the county? I've been applying for administrative jobs with no luck. i'm getting really frustrated.
All of those are a fortress to get into. Inside source tells me CHS is going through major restructuring again (aka eliminating more entry-level jobs) so those staffing jobs may not even be up-to-date; I've applied to 40+ over the last 4 months with 2 applications reviewed and 0 interviews. At this point I'm willing to take a Part-Time job to get my foot in the door because I know the service industry I'm currently working in is going to tank real soon.

Novants situation is even worse; had a hiring freeze and paycuts across the board to avoid layoffs not too long ago. Although I do still see them building new facilities now.

Last edited:

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
All of those are a fortress to get into. Inside source tells me CHS is going through major restructuring again (aka eliminating more entry-level jobs) so those staffing jobs may not even be up-to-date; I've applied to 40+ over the last 4 months with 2 applications reviewed and 0 interviews. At this point I'm willing to take a Part-Time job go get my foot in the door because I know the service industry I'm currently working in is going to tank real soon.

Novants situation is even worse; had a hiring freeze and paycuts across the board to avoid layoffs not too long ago. Although I do still see them building new facilities now.

Novant Health is the fukking worse.

I've never met a bigger circle of cheapskates than them.

These a$$holes reached out to me to come work for them and when I did the interview with the heads of the department, they gave me a salary for the job which was very agreeable to me at the time. They scheduled for me to do another interview the following week..

I come in there, the fukking salary has gone down by almost 10k...:upsetfavre: These jackasses talking about, we had to readjust the stated salary due to us restructuring across the board. How the fukk you do all that within seven fukking days? And you're fukking right, they stay opening up new urgent cares and shyt all over the place but can't afford salaries??

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yes Indeed.

That punk bytch can forget about re-election.

Absolutely ridiculous that him and the legislature couldn't see what was going to happen even AFTER he was warned. This would've been a big step in bringing some of that tech industry to Charlotte. Dumbass mayor gonna get canned too.