The Official Charlotte, NC Discussion Thread

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Police is out lookin to lock nggas up this week be careful brehs try not to ride dirty
Just this week my nikka :usure:

That said I feel like if u get in trouble with the cops out here u gotta be a real fukkin idiot. Knock on wood I might see like 2-3 cop cars a day as opposed to 200-300 cops a day in NYC.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Man I heard mad security been at the malls.... My homegirl was like "man I never saw Michael Kors posted up with cops like that!"

Smh

What y'all been getting into?

So far I pretty much been fukking with whatever 9th Wonder and his team been at. Went to Velocity in University on Thurs to see them perform. The last night got up with him again Howling At the Moon and to my surprise Big Remo a dude who I grew up with was there and Young Guru.

After that, I met up with some other peeps at Sip off Tryon and 5th.

I know one thing, on the low..... I feel for y'all parking Uptown!!! I ain't fukking with it!! I been parking near the light rail and taking the train Uptown... That's free parking and a $2-$4 ticket and no traffic!!!

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Is Remo from Durham?

Na..... He from Winston Salem NC.

It's crazy.... I been heard of dude.... But never saw a video and kinda just dismissed it. I thought he was nice but never checked for him like that.

Then I hear some one call my name.... And I see my dude I ain't seen in 20 years... And he like "you ever heard of Remo? That's me!!" shyt bugged me the fukk out! Happy for him though

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Na..... He from Winston Salem NC.

It's crazy.... I been heard of dude.... But never saw a video and kinda just dismissed it. I thought he was nice but never checked for him like that.

Then I hear some one call my name.... And I see my dude I ain't seen in 20 years... And he like "you ever heard of Remo? That's me!!" shyt bugged me the fukk out! Happy for him though

Yooooooo... you right. :ohhh: ... I remember him shouting out the westside on the latest joint from 9th... I never knew he was from the Tre tho. Always felt like his base (as far as rap is concerned) was the Triangle (Durham).

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Yooooooo... you right. :ohhh: ... I remember him shouting out the westside on the latest joint from 9th... I never knew he was from the Tre tho. Always felt like his base (as far as rap is concerned) was the Triangle (Durham).

He does stay in Raleigh Durham.... That may have a lot to do with it. I went back and peeped some of his videos though and they were straight Winston though

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Is it true that they are trying to move ciaa week to another city?

Yup. Going back to Winston or Raleigh is being considered. D.C. is also being considered, which I think will be the likely next move. Although the CIAA is primarily filled with North Carolina schools, a move to DC could likely pull in VA St., VA Union and Bowie base.

But people need to attend the games. And word is that CIAA officials are trying to get Charlotte help incentivize the tourney and help lean on hotels in the area (particularly Uptown) to lower rates.

CIAA commissioner hopes fans attend games, not just parties, to help pay off $200,000 deficit
Published February 26, 2013
Associated Press
CHARLOTTE, N.C. – The CIAA is facing a $200,000 deficit and new Commissioner Jacqie Carpenter hopes fans will attend this week's basketball tournament games, not just the parties to support the historically black conference.

Carpenter, the CIAA's first appointed female commissioner, says the goal is to get the conference out of the red within a couple of years.

When she took over last summer the CIAA faced a $500,000 debt. All 12 schools donated $25,000 to cut that deficit by more than half.

But Carpenter says there's more work to be done.

She says the CIAA needs to become "more fiscally responsible" and make the tournament more attractive to sponsors.

The CIAA tournament attracts nearly 200,000 fans annually to Charlotte, the third-largest tournament in the country behind the ACC and Big East.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/...ttend-games-not-just-parties-to-help-pay-off/

-----------------------------------------------
CIAA tournament hopes to decide future site soon
Posted: Feb 24, 2014 3:13 PM EST Updated: Feb 24, 2014 3:13 PM EST

By STEVE REED
AP Sports Writer
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) - Commissioner Jacqie Carpenter says she hopes to have a decision on the future site of the CIAA basketball tournaments by late March.

The weeklong men's and women's basketball tournaments tip off Tuesday in Charlotte, where it has called home since 2006.

The contract between the 12-team conference consisting of predominantly African-American schools and the city of Charlotte expires after this year's tournament.

Carpenter says the conference will be gathering bids soon from cities that have expressed interest in hosting the tournament beginning in 2015.

Carpenter said several cities expressed interest in hosting the event including Charlotte, Raleigh-Durham, N.C., Greensboro, N.C., Winston-Salem, N.C., Atlanta, Philadelphia, Hampton, Va. and Washington, D.C.

The combined CIAA men's and women's tournaments are the third-largest NCAA basketball tournaments in the country in terms of attendance and economic impact.