The Official Charlotte, NC Discussion Thread

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Charlotte has failed to really develop a proper nightlife scene if we’re gonna be honest. Most big cities can localize their night scene but this city has had a very difficult time building it up and maintaining it. Back in the day, for black folks, you were either further up on Tryon and Sugar Creek for the offshoot clubs or out in West Charlotte off Freedom most of this shyt is gone btw..so you got these ratchet ass nikkas coming to uptown with the bullshyt now. Now white folks back then stayed up in the suburbs and came down occasionally into uptown..OCCASIONALLY cause you could easily get your clock washed turning down the wrong corner. The problem is that the city really never worked to cast off the shadow of the 90s when uptown was grimy as hell, homeless everywhere and nikkas getting killed and raped consistently. This shyt is still here and it’s surging back. They thought building up skyscrapers, putting the Epicenter and laying out all this overprice living space for white folks would gloss over what that area is. Nope.

I guess being that I’m older and even though doing decent (I’m not crazily BALLIN) all that don’t mean much to me.

Now (since I’m in the process of a career change) when I do start ballin where I can by out Suite. I can I think all that “night life” shyt will hit differently:ehh:

Right now only poor chicks to good headed college educated, hard working career woman want me. I’m cute and all but don’t know IG ho want a nicca like me. I can’t support there needs to the level the can trick off me.:yeshrug:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I feel like due to the pandemic a lot of shyt is boring now because of a lack of nightlife

It’s really THIS!

With no pandemic on a regular it used to pop a little bit more.

Hell in my mid 20s through 30s I had the time of my life:mjlit:

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
fukk ATL, we off dat:camby:..... we coming for Dallas:wow:

And San Francisco.... a city we officially now bigger than:wow:

Truth serum time.

Charlotte is the city of Zoning gluttony. It's "metro population" measures over 300sq miles. It has taken what practically any other city in America would've called a suburb, and added as part of "the city".

On the contrary, San Fran is about 46sq miles. If San Francisco was to pull a Charlotte right now and extend it's city-metro population to include 300+ miles of surrounding area, well, do I need to even tell you how far out the water it would blow Charlotte in terms of being "bigger", as you put it?

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Az is apparently pretty inexpensive and beautiful. I’m gunning for San Diego because of the weather and how pretty it is.

I lived in San Diego and Phoenix

The heat is Phoenix is on another level. And your electric bill will be high as fukk from using the AC.

San Diego is nicer. You won't want to leave if u can afford it :noah: that will probably be my final stop. U can buy beach front property in Mexico for the low as well which is a short commute to the US border.. I still make money off rental property I copped in Rosarito Beach when I was in the military.:blessed:

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
I guess being that I’m older and even though doing decent (I’m not crazily BALLIN) all that don’t mean much to me.

Now (since I’m in the process of a career change) when I do start ballin where I can by out Suite. I can I think all that “night life” shyt will hit differently:ehh:

Right now only poor chicks to good headed college educated, hard working career woman want me. I’m cute and all but don’t know IG ho want a nicca like me. I can’t support there needs to the level the can trick off me.:yeshrug:

I’m in my 40s, I don’t do clubbing either but I recognize the sliding dynamics in this city over time and how they have trended awkwardly. I have mentioned beforehand that Charlotte itself is treading ultimately towards the negative. I’ve been very critical of the city leadership in regards to the inadequate handling of homelessness and ham-fisted approach to pursue growth without building out the infrastructure and public services to support it. The best example of this is basically looking at Uptown as it is now.

When I say Charlotte is going to become the next Atlanta, I say that negatively. I was moving between both cities back in the 90’s and Charlotte reminds me of Atlanta right after it had the Olympics in ‘96. Ridiculous outsized growth where the infrastructure had to built out bit by bit to accommodate it by lack of planning, the infusion of money coming in due to corporate investment and folks from high income, high tax states moving down and pushing up prices, etc..Atlanta handled it better because it’s bigger and it’s city planning was adequate enough (not good enough to prevent the legendary traffic). Charlotte doesn’t have those advantages...485 section near Ballantyne is not even 15 years old and they just realized FIVE years ago that they underestimated the growth in the area and are JUST NOW doing widening projects. Lol.

Y’all will see..I’m good on this shyt either way.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Charlotte has failed to really develop a proper nightlife scene if we’re gonna be honest. Most big cities can localize their night scene but this city has had a very difficult time building it up and maintaining it. Back in the day, for black folks, you were either further up on Tryon and Sugar Creek for the offshoot clubs or out in West Charlotte off Freedom most of this shyt is gone btw..so you got these ratchet ass nikkas coming to uptown with the bullshyt now. Now white folks back then stayed up in the suburbs and came down occasionally into uptown..OCCASIONALLY cause you could easily get your clock washed turning down the wrong corner. The problem is that the city really never worked to cast off the shadow of the 90s when uptown was grimy as hell, homeless everywhere and nikkas getting killed and raped consistently. This shyt is still here and it’s surging back. They thought building up skyscrapers, putting the Epicenter and laying out all this overprice living space for white folks would gloss over what that area is. Nope.
The pandemic really fukked uptown up smh. I thought I wanted to live in or near uptown but I’m good living in Concord. I might move closer to Charlotte but I’ll just stay in Concord. I’m not a big nightlife guy anyway so none of that effects me. I just miss the events like Taste of Charlotte and stuff that got cancelled after covid. The ACC championship is coming in a couple weeks and I’m sure the fanfest either will be scaled back or won’t happen at all smh. That’s all I miss. Also I’m not hanging out in the city at night unless I’m on the clock. Too much bullshyt happening. I think the city exploded too quick and the leadership was not ready at all! Never mind the fact that they be changing leadership damn near every election. Yeah I never understood the Epicentre. I would say this shyt can’t last the way it is especially with all the shyt that was going on there. I don’t know what’s going to happen to it now. Hopefully shyt gets better, I’m not in the demo that the city is trying to pull in so I’m good.

Last edited:
Daps
I lived in San Diego and Phoenix

The heat is Phoenix is on another level. And your electric bill will be high as fukk from using the AC.

San Diego is nicer. You won't want to leave if u can afford it :noah: that will probably be my final stop. U can buy beach front property in Mexico for the low as well which is a short commute to the US border.. I still make money off rental property I copped in Rosarito Beach when I was in the military.:blessed:

Sd might be best city in cali

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since last year but thinking of moving back to Florida. Or giving Charlotte a try since it's growing faster than Raleigh. I visited during the NBA All Star game a few years back and liked what they we're doing near Uptown.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I’m sorry..... I love this city:mjcry:

And I’ve traveled quite a bit all over the country.....

Most places absolutely BEAUTIFUL places to visit..... but I wouldn’t want to LIVE there
There’s definitely dope shyt here. I like running with the street artists/muralists and there’s a skating crew that meet up every Sunday and skate through the city(I can’t skate tho) I am a big fan of the arts so I tend to run with that crowd. I’m always trying black owned spots here too. I’ll probably feel better once events can start back.

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The pandemic really fukked uptown up smh. I thought I wanted to live in or near the city, but I’m good living in Concord. I might move closer to Charlotte but I’ll just stay in Concord. I’m not a big nightlife guy anyway so none of that effects me. I just miss the events like Taste of Charlotte and stuff that got cancelled after covid. The ACC championship is coming in a couple weeks and I’m sure the fanfest either will be scaled back or won’t happen at all smh. That’s all I miss. Also I’m not hanging out in the city at night unless I’m on the clock. Too much bullshyt happening. I think the city exploded too quick and the leadership was not ready at all! Never mind the fact that they be changing leadership damn near every election. Yeah I never understood the Epicentre. I would say this shyt can’t last the way it is especially with all the shyt that was going on there. I don’t know what’s going to happen to it now. Hopefully shyt gets better, I’m not in the demo that the city is trying to pull in so I’m good.

Yep.

I know the lady who runs Roof Above, basically the Men’s Shelter and Urban Ministries, her husband is a brother who I know that works at the Charlotte Observer and basically they promoted the building up of the tent cities due to the lack of help coming from the city and to showcase the dire need for action. A lot of the crime, I hate to say, that sparks off in Uptown comes from the indigent populace especially quite a few rapes, assaults and murders.

They closed the police station off Tryon in Uptown and built a new station closed to Johnson and Wales so your closest police station to that area is the actual HQ which doesn’t have overnight patrol operating out of there. So if your ass gets robbed near Spectrum Arena, near 7th street or near 277..you better hope there’s a patrol nearby because response time is gonna be an issue. Uptown is just not a safe area at night..it’s not. Them nikkas had G4S armed police at the bus station and Allied Barton with Sheriff occasionally showing up at Epicenter and it still wasn’t enough to deter nikkas from shooting and fighting.

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Since last year but thinking of moving back to Florida. Or giving Charlotte a try since it's growing faster than Raleigh. I visited during the NBA All Star game a few years back and liked what they we're doing near Uptown.

Give it another year or so breh..they gotta sort this shyt out in Uptown unless you want to live it up in the suburbs.