The Official Charlotte, NC Discussion Thread

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I hardly ever drive down Harris now. Whenever I need to travel between University and Northlake I just take 485. I got a lot of rain but no power outage.

giphy.gif

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Might slide through while I’m here..how they prices?

EDIT: Saw the menu..going today.

yes they have some great ribs man....... Not really expensive but for my taste it can be as I normally buy 2 racks and some other shyt and it adds up.

Between them or Seafood Connection I just been in a mood to be a glutton

charknicks

All Star
Daps
Man.... if y’all live in University City like me near Harris and Statesville Ave.

WE fukkED.

Apparently one of the lines near Gibbons and Statesville got fukked up and over 2100 homes don’t have power.

@CarmelBarbie or @Responsible Allen Iverson

I need to slide through for a bit

I live in that area, and my power went out because of the rain, but I was back on about 8pm. Hope yours did too.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I live in that area, and my power went out because of the rain, but I was back on about 8pm. Hope yours did too.

Oh if you live in this area.... or was hit by the blackout it wasn’t rain.

:russ:

Per Duke Power someone hit a pole off Gibbons and Statesville and took the power out. It was like 2100+ homes affected.

I was talking to my boy that lives like in that neighborhood on Statesville over the train tracks to the right (going towards Harris) and he was in the dark too.

Saw a lot of my neighbors on their porches or chilling in their cars

I just went to bed:mjcry:

Skillz

Rookie
Daps
I’ve notice for $1400 I get bigger spots in the out skirts of Charlotte near suburbs are those ideal or it’s best to be in the city?
Depends on what you're looking for bro. If you're single and plan to be active I'd recommend Uptown, South End, Plaza/Noda. Other factors if you have kids/need a spare room. Those places above usually come with decent amenities and probably people in your demographic age wise.

My brother live in concord I believe so he doing the driving...but hotel wise would you stay in university park or downtown/uptown...i was out there about 4 years ago and I went to a mall with different clubs that still open?
Sounds like you're talking about the Epicentre? If so, it was pre-Covid but rumors about it's on it's last legs. As for Hotels I'd say depends on how often you plan to come uptown. If your brother is driving he'd have to past University area to hit Uptown so I'd stay there. RNC is in August unless that's what you're coming for.

New police chief announced.
Charlotte names new police chief ahead of Putney retirement, convention

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article242864091.html

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Posting just to watch this thread and learn.

Haven't been to Charlotte (except the airport) since i was a child but i def would consider settling down here. Have heard amazing things about CLT.

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
Depends on what you're looking for bro. If you're single and plan to be active I'd recommend Uptown, South End, Plaza/Noda. Other factors if you have kids/need a spare room. Those places above usually come with decent amenities and probably people in your demographic age wise.

Sounds like you're talking about the Epicentre? If so, it was pre-Covid but rumors about it's on it's last legs. As for Hotels I'd say depends on how often you plan to come uptown. If your brother is driving he'd have to past University area to hit Uptown so I'd stay there. RNC is in August unless that's what you're coming for.

NODA has gotten ridiculously overpriced as is South End.

charknicks

All Star
Daps
Oh if you live in this area.... or was hit by the blackout it wasn’t rain.

:russ:

Per Duke Power someone hit a pole off Gibbons and Statesville and took the power out. It was like 2100+ homes affected.

I was talking to my boy that lives like in that neighborhood on Statesville over the train tracks to the right (going towards Harris) and he was in the dark too.

Saw a lot of my neighbors on their porches or chilling in their cars

I just went to bed:mjcry:

Yeah,I live right off Gibbon. I am not sure what the reason was, but I just got all my flashlights ready incase, and I just took a nap after work. Luckily, my power is rarely off for a long time. I know someone took a pole out in this area about a month ago as well. Bad drivers out here.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Is there a place in Charlotte that got better ribs than Bobbee Os BBQ?:wow:

That’s my spot and I’m about to order:blessed:

Oh and before y’all ask, yet it’s black owned
Welp I’ll be there soon. Thanks my brother :salute:
Edit: just saw the prices. I’m bout to rep you right quick. I already know it’s good just off it being on Statesville Road lol. Them hood spots be hittin!:wow:

Last edited:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Phase 2 is happening Friday. Restaurants and barbers/salons bout to be back :wow: Who going to get a cut Friday?:picard:

27FarOutRazor

I feel like Jamin’ Jerome…WHERE THE BIT€HS!!
Daps

Good looks...and nah I'm just coming because I found a ticket for half the price and haven't seen my neice and nephew