The Official Charlotte, NC Discussion Thread

Skillz

Rookie
Daps
Happy New Year Family! Hope all is well.

I feel the other posters who say they're not feeling the city. shyt, me either. I've talked to other transplants that feel the same. At times I do feel like it's me but sometimes I feel like it's the city. I'm pretty active now but I plan to get out more in 2020 and see what's up. I guess I really need spots to socialize with a similar demo.

I feel like there is a ton to do. Great if you're in relationship. If not, maybe not so much. Trying new restaurants been my thing as of late, I try to hit a new one maybe once a week. Charlotte Restaurant Week starts Friday (Queen's Feast: Charlotte Restaurant Week - 3 courses for $30 or $35 at 140+ restaurants - January 17-26, 2020). I've hit a spot on there every time it comes around.

Got served the events below from Eventbrite:

1/21 - MLK Celebration at Gantt Food Lion® Presents: MLK Day Celebration

1/22 - Open Mic @ Nappy Chef https://www.melaninenterprise.com/events - Seems right up your alley @CarmelBarbie, lets slide.
- The Sip N Play snippet on their site looks cool. I did something similar in Southend not too long ago. Good times. Different demo though, ha

And

R&B Only back in the city 3/14. Good time. COLORS Worldwide Presents: R&B ONLY (Charlotte, NC) I think Martin Lawrence tour here that weekend as well.

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte

I feel the other posters who say they're not feeling the city. shyt, me either. I've talked to other transplants that feel the same. At times I do feel like it's me but sometimes I feel like it's the city. I'm pretty active now but I plan to get out more in 2020 and see what's up. I guess I really need spots to socialize with a similar demo.

I feel like there is a ton to do. Great if you're in relationship. If not, maybe not so much. Trying new restaurants been my thing as of late, I try to hit a new one maybe once a week. Charlotte Restaurant Week starts Friday (Queen's Feast: Charlotte Restaurant Week - 3 courses for $30 or $35 at 140+ restaurants - January 17-26, 2020). I've hit a spot on there every time it comes around.

1/22 - Open Mic @ Nappy Chef https://www.melaninenterprise.com/events - Seems right up your alley @CarmelBarbie, lets slide.
- The Sip N Play snippet on their site looks cool. I did something similar in Southend not too long ago. Good times. Different demo though, ha

And

R&B Only back in the city 3/14. Good time. COLORS Worldwide Presents: R&B ONLY (Charlotte, NC) I think Martin Lawrence tour here that weekend as well.

Lmao... I work for Food lion.

Would love to do that Nappy Chef event, i’ll have to see though, work is kicking my ass.

I was having fun in Charlotte during holiday break, and up until shyt got real at work, but I feel you, I think when it’s rainy and during these winter months, it’s more difficult getting out. I’m going to try to get my shyt together by February.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps

And

The Nappy Chef is a great follow on social media. My man don’t give AF what he says lol.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
:lupe:@Bryan Danielson I was just coming in this thread to check on you. Haven’t heard from you in a minute and haven’t been seeing your posts or stories but you’re ok.. sighhh. Guess I was getting nervously paranoid, been checking up on all my peoples - too much going on lately but I see your latest comment so I take it all is well.
:whew:

Daps
I think that’s what people mean who complain there’s “nothing to do” ... once you’ve done the social / entertainment stuff located at the city’s core, you’ve kinda DONE it and over it, and people are like “Now what?”:ld:

most people aren’t like you ... they’re attracted to the promo of the social scene in the core of the city — and right or wrong — their expectations become limited and skewed based on faulty promotion.

Most negroes ain’t checking for curling (even tho it’s fun af), they’re looking for more club/bar/chic/glam shyt that jumps out at you . That’s the billing that the ENTIRETY of black Charlotte got, and it’s fukked up that it’s pigeonholing the entire city and having an undue influence on how black folks in particular view their experience there because there’s plenty of fun “regular shyt” to do outside of that club shyt

But especially for the late 20s crowd and up, it’s like once you get out of the “going out” wave , folks sometime feel stuck because they haven’t been as creative as you when it comes to finding events, and without someone else who is open to such things being in their ear, they’re growth stays stunted and they get frustrated .

Well, if the only type of events that some people are checking for are parties, clubs, etc., then it would be better if they moved to a larger city that would naturally have more of that type of stuff.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
:lupe:@Bryan Danielson I was just coming in this thread to check on you. Haven’t heard from you in a minute and haven’t been seeing your posts or stories but you’re ok.. sighhh. Guess I was getting nervously paranoid, been checking up on all my peoples - too much going on lately but I see your latest comment so I take it all is well.
:whew:

Been around..... football been consuming me:blessed: